Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone like to switch accommodation offers?
    I got an offer to Andrew Ure Hall but prefer one of these due to personal situation:

James Blyth Court / Thomas Campbell Court, Garnett Hall, Murray Hall, Birkbeck Court...

I really need somebody to switch....I have spoken to University and it's easily possible..

ReputationRep:
    Do we need some sort of cable to connect to the internet on our laptops in our rooms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessamyy)
    Im staying in Thomas Campbell too!
    I am staying in thomas campbell too. Do you guys know where exactly we should go when we arrive cause I am a bit confused

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keishagreene17)
    I am staying in thomas campbell too. Do you guys know where exactly we should go when we arrive cause I am a bit confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We go to Todds Diner, i think it's a cafe on campus, to collect our keys. we need to show a copy of our occupancy agreement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessamyy)
    We go to Todds Diner, i think it's a cafe on campus, to collect our keys. we need to show a copy of our occupancy agreement
    Thanks. That helps a lot. Just need to find the address cause I have no clue how to get there ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artas)
    Would anyone like to switch accommodation offers?
    I got an offer to Andrew Ure Hall but prefer one of these due to personal situation:

James Blyth Court / Thomas Campbell Court, Garnett Hall, Murray Hall, Birkbeck Court...

I really need somebody to switch....I have spoken to University and it's easily possible..
    There used to be a book in which students could write if they wanted to switch (about 4 weeks after moving in.) Don't know if it still exists. I had two flatmates last year (in Thomas Campbell Court) which were put into Andrew Ure Hall as well, however they could say that they didn't want to stay there. Maybe just talk to the Uni again and explain your situation - normally they show some understanding

(Original post by festivalfreakout)
    Do we need some sort of cable to connect to the internet on our laptops in our rooms?
    There is wifi in place now, but it has a habit of disconnecting and not working properly. Bring a long ethernet cable just in case if you want to access the internet without problems. But maybe you're lucky and they have put something better in place over summer

ReputationRep:
    Hi if anyone is still looking for student accommodation in Glasgow I am trying to get rid of my room in Buchanan view! I'm still in it now but I am hoping to move out if I find someone to take my place

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, are the bills (water, heating, lighting) all included in halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cri92)
    Hi guys, are the bills (water, heating, lighting) all included in halls?
    Yes except Andrew Ure & Patrick Thomas Court.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D12C)
    Hi if anyone is still looking for student accommodation in Glasgow I am trying to get rid of my room in Buchanan view! I'm still in it now but I am hoping to move out if I find someone to take my place

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! I am interested. Are you still looking to get rid of your room?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone figured out a way to turn the heating down, or off entirely? It's so absurdly hot in halls - I'd actually rather have the heating off entirely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoobacious)
    Has anyone figured out a way to turn the heating down, or off entirely? It's so absurdly hot in halls - I'd actually rather have the heating off entirely.
    Hm..Maybe just click the button?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artas)
    Hm..Maybe just click the button?
    There's a button somewhere :P?

ReputationRep:
    hi there, may I know if you have any recommendations for housing near the University of Strathclyde?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had experience in buchanan view or victoria halls?
    i'm considering them for next year. any info from someone who has actually lived there would be great!

ReputationRep:
    I am due to move down to Glasgow to study Product Design and Innovation at Strathclyde, and I am trying to decide which student accommodation would be best. I like the look of Forbes hall, but I am really unsure. Can anyone give any advice?

ReputationRep:
    bumped to try and keep all accomodation queries on one thread. I'm probably going for the cleaning and sink in your room but shared bathroom option and avoiding the noisy halls which sound more fun to visit than live in.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by PineapplePol)
    bumped to try and keep all accomodation queries on one thread. I'm probably going for the cleaning and sink in your room but shared bathroom option and avoiding the noisy halls which sound more fun to visit than live in.
    I've stuck the thread now :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Okay so firstly I don't go to Strath, I go to Caley. Posted this over there too but figured there's a small chance some people here will have stayed in one of these halls.

I'm coming to the end of first year and although my friends are dead keen to get a flat I would much rather stay in halls again. They seem to be cheaper, much closer to uni and the city centre and I've really enjoyed living in halls this year. I simply can't see any downside from living in halls aside from them being a bit less personal than a flat (so I've heard anyway, I've made my room in halls pretty personal).

I know several people who stay in Buchanan View and although I have never been I've heard it's quite nice. Victoria Hall looks good too and is a fair bit cheaper. The main attraction is a fairly nice discount for paying it all off in one go instead of instalments meaning I'd only pay about £92 a week for a "deluxe room" with a double bed. Would be £20 extra at Buchanan View.

I've kind of got my heart set on staying in halls next year and although I'd love to move in with friends I'm quite prepared to go in on my own if I need to. I'm a little bit concerned about the social aspect of Victoria Hall as it seems a bit quiet and sleepy. I'm not looking to have crazy parties every night but I like to have a good time and I can't deal with people who hide in their rooms all day. I was lucky enough to get great flatmates this year.

If you have stayed in either of these halls or know what they are like please offer any insight you can as I'd like to get a decision made shortly. Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    when exactly are we to apply for september 2014 accomodation for first years?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.