Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had an unconditional so once I had firmed it and rejected the others I applied via the online process on the Strathy website, you have to dig out all your various official numbers.

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I'm a first year student at Strathclyde and I'm looking for a flatmate (or two) to search for a flat and rent it together. We should rent a flat starting from September 2014 (next academic year). I'm Italian and female so I'm looking for a female student. The flat should be as close as possible to Strath Uni. If you are interested and you already live and study in Glasgow please send me a PM.
    (sorry if I'm out of thread)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm going to Strathclyde in September, and I really have no idea about which hall would suit me best. I'm an international student, so I wanted to apply to Birbeck as I heard it was the best for socializing. I don't know anyone in Glasgow, so I really want to meet a lot of new people in my first year! Has anyone lived in Birbeck? Apparently it's the best to party but the worst for comfort. Can someone please help me?

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping they will all be good for meeting people, I just didn't want a hall with lots of parties as the mech eng course sounds quite intense so I've put down Forbes. I intend to join lots of clubs to meet folk. I like the fact that the accomodation is just next to the uni and in the centre of the city, am really looking forward to going.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, people say that Birkbeck is the worst at strath but i would disagree. Sure, it is a little smaller than the others and maybe not quite as nice but it has everything you need and i had a great time when i stayed there! it's all about whether you get on with your flatmates or not, and that is a tossup no matter where you choose to stay!
    Let me know if you have any specific questions!

ReputationRep:
    Y not to live in private rooms?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have accepted my offer to Strathclyde uni I'll be going there in September but I have to apply for the accomodation, does anyone know any good tips or places that are better than others? I know Birkbeck is meant to be like party land and I'm not that type of guy :/

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Okay so I am definately moving to University Of Strathclyde.. I've sorted my papers and paid the deposit. Now for the accommodation, I'd like to pick a room that has an en-suite W/C.. That's not the problem, however, I just wanted to know if anyone has clear pictures and also.. If the rooms have their own bathroom, I am assuming that each flat has 6-8 students or something among the lines. All the students will be of one sex?
    Ty in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I have accepted my offer as well! What are you studying?
    According to my research.. James Young/James Goolding/Chancellors halls are the best to me since they have an en-suite bathroom.. Personally I wouldn't use a bathroom with others so yeah They also have a TV so it's ideal. I believe chancellors got refurbished a few years back as well I think it's better. Birkbeck isn't the exact place I want to be in either..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelEvans96)
    Hi I have accepted my offer to Strathclyde uni I'll be going there in September but I have to apply for the accomodation, does anyone know any good tips or places that are better than others? I know Birkbeck is meant to be like party land and I'm not that type of guy :/
    Hi. Unfortunately, Birbeck is the worst to choose. It is true that there are a lot of parties, but the comfort is really bad. If you dont want to pay a lot the bests in price and comfort are Garnett, Forbes and Thomas Campbell. If you are willing to pay more Chancellors and James Young are absolutely perfect to apply for.

ReputationRep:
    I would like somebody to give some advice to choose accommodation for my Msc Applied Economics. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, just got accepted to do my PGDE Secondary in Strathclyde. Is there anyone that is also looking for accommodation around the area or has any advice on where to look. I'm Irish so don't really know the area that well.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I recived a conditional offer for EEE in Strathclyde. Could you tell me please where is the application to apply for the students accomodations? Apply now or after 1 month make any difference? THANKS

ReputationRep:
    In your flat everyone will be the same sex, but the other flats in the building will be mixed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toon1991)
    I would like somebody to give some advice to choose accommodation for my Msc Applied Economics. Thank you.
    Hello.Im looking for accommodation too.I ll study Msc Human Resource Management.I contacted the Accommodation Office and they told me that as a postgrad we have only 3 choices at the Halls as all the rest are for the undergraduates.
    Adrew Ure Hall,James Goold Hall and Patrick Thomas Court.
    Have you searched for private accommodation also?
    I m a little confused too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antonio95)
    Hello! I recived a conditional offer for EEE in Strathclyde. Could you tell me please where is the application to apply for the students accomodations? Apply now or after 1 month make any difference? THANKS
    Hey! I've accepted my offer to Strath too =].. Accomodation is on first come first serve basis so I think it's better to apply soon.
    https://but.mis.strath.ac.uk/accomap...ncontrol/entry
    The link to applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EbrahimSa)
    Hey! I've accepted my offer to Strath too =].. Accomodation is on first come first serve basis so I think it's better to apply soon.
    https://but.mis.strath.ac.uk/accomap...ncontrol/entry
    The link to applying
    Thank you for your reply. Can I apply with the conditional offer or they need the unconditional? Until now I am waiting for the reply of Heriot Watt in UCAS because is the only University that doesn't answer me. Must I wait to put first choise to apply? After apply do I have to pay the deposit?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I have an unconditional for finance and marketing and I've applied for accommodation in Garnett, Forbes and James Blyth in that order. Anyone else applied for these halls?

ReputationRep:
    Guys i have a question.What do we fill on the arrival date at the application form of the accommodation? What are the arrival dates for 2014/2015?

If our programme starts end of September whats the earliest that i can i arrive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kleio)
    Hello.Im looking for accommodation too.I ll study Msc Human Resource Management.I contacted the Accommodation Office and they told me that as a postgrad we have only 3 choices at the Halls as all the rest are for the undergraduates.
    Adrew Ure Hall,James Goold Hall and Patrick Thomas Court.
    Have you searched for private accommodation also?
    I m a little confused too.
    Hi, I also got a conditional offer for Msc TMM and now thinking about private accomodation or a hall.. Where are you from and did you find Infos on private accommodaton?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.