Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I found the date thing tricky as they haven't given us the dates yet. Freshers week is usually the week before term starts so I picked what I thought was the Friday or Saturday before freshers week and hoped I could just change it if I'd got the dates wrong. I thought once I had my hall sorted then changing the date would be a minor admin thing, but it would be easier if they attached dates of starting and freshers week to the accom form.I think I looked at last years dates to guess this years dates. Have just found a bit on the website with key dates, 26 Sept is this years term start. Think I may have thought we'd be starting a week earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I saw on their website that the arrival date is the 20th of September, and that freshers week is from the 22nd to the 27th !

ReputationRep:
    I stayed in Thomas Campbell court this year and from what I've seen from my own eyes it's been more of the party halls than birkbeck I have a lot of friends staying in there and they've not complained once.

Also TCC had the best flat party at freshers, nearly 100 folk squeezed into a 8 man flat!

Sadly I was in halls this year when it was old and not very nice but TCC will be getting done up this year and I really suggests putting it as one of your choices I've had the best year of my life in block C flat 10! Just pray you get good Flatmates because I don't think I would have enjoyed it without them!

Also we have rooms going spare in collegelands for the next academic year up on the 8th floor if anyone is interested

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,I've got a conditional offer for the Business Enterprise & Marketing course.My question is should I apply for accommodation or my offer needs to be unconditional to apply for the halls ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanya.d)
    Hey guys,I've got a conditional offer for the Business Enterprise & Marketing course.My question is should I apply for accommodation or my offer needs to be unconditional to apply for the halls ?

if you accepted the conditional offer you can apply now,but you will not receive an offer of a room until your application will be unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering what the difference is between Chancellors and James Young? on the strath website all the pics are the same, is it just two different sides to a building?

ReputationRep:
    I accepted my unconditional place at Strathclyde now should I apply for the accomodation or I have to wait fot they offer?? (I'm Italian and it for second year)

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed my Unconditional so now looking at accommodation! Any recommendations? I'm not bothered about having an en suite and I'm not really a party girl :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly9595)
    Just firmed my Unconditional so now looking at accommodation! Any recommendations? I'm not bothered about having an en suite and I'm not really a party girl :P
    Hey! I suggest you don't go close to Birkbeck as it is the party place haha. I am yet to firm mine as it's still conditional until the end of June.. I've tried applying for accomodation but they keep telling me to wait until 'they find me a room' or something.. Anyone else having that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EbrahimSa)
    Hey! I suggest you don't go close to Birkbeck as it is the party place haha. I am yet to firm mine as it's still conditional until the end of June.. I've tried applying for accomodation but they keep telling me to wait until 'they find me a room' or something.. Anyone else having that?
    Haha yeah, Birbeck was the one I knew I didn't want! Where are you thinking of applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, Birbeck was the one I knew I didn't want! Where are you thinking of applying for?
    I'm going for an en-suite for sure haha. I think it'll either be james young or chancellors.. What course are you going for and where do you come from? Are you excited

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for an en-suite for sure haha. I think it'll either be james young or chancellors.. What course are you going for and where do you come from? Are you excited
    Fair enough I live in Hertfordshire near London (although my whole family is from Edinburgh) and I'm doing Speech and Language Pathology. How about you? And I'm definitely excited! I'm up for a Campus Tour at the end of May, so I'm looking forward to that

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough I live in Hertfordshire near London (although my whole family is from Edinburgh) and I'm doing Speech and Language Pathology. How about you? And I'm definitely excited! I'm up for a Campus Tour at the end of May, so I'm looking forward to that
    Oooohhh... I'm an international student so I'll have to do a foundation course first.. Business & Social Studies before I move to the real stuff. I am so excited haha. Do you mind adding me to tell me more about how your tour goes? I live in Dubai so I can't really do a tour anytime soon haah =P

ReputationRep:
    Oooohhh... I'm an international student so I'll have to do a foundation course first.. Business & Social Studies before I move to the real stuff. I am so excited haha. Do you mind adding me to tell me more about how your tour goes? I live in Dubai so I can't really do a tour anytime soon haah =P
    Oh wow, what made you choose Strathclyde then? No one down here has ever heard of it or knows where it is! Of course, it must be do tricky to be so far

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    I'm moving to Glasgow on September 2014 for postgraduate studies in Strathclyde University. I'm looking for private accommodation and I found out that Blackfriars and Victoria Hall seem good options. Any student that already live there to share their experience?

ReputationRep:
    When do we hear back about what halls we've been given out of our choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River33)
    When do we hear back about what halls we've been given out of our choices?
    I called and they said they will start giving rooms in 2 weeks so yeah we should hear in about that time, can't wait =p

ReputationRep:
    I stayed in Chancellors (which has en-suite) this year and thoroughly enjoyed it, it's not the most modern of the halls but it is one of the best (although the lift in block D is terrifying). I would highly recommend it, it wasn't as party mad as Birkbeck or Thomas Campbell and I think this is purely because it's not as big but thats not to say that there were no parties - with every single one of the halls you're going to get some great parties but also some sleepless nights.

ReputationRep:
    Hay, I got an unconditional offer from Strathclyde University for a M.Sc in Hydrogeology. I'm looking for private accommodation using the PAD website. Is anybody else doing the same? I'm an Irish student looking for other postgraduates interested in becoming housemates (3/4 people max). Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where he/she will stay in the university halls? Did they reply back to you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.