The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Accommodation at Strathclyde University

Scroll to see replies

Hey everybody,I got a conditional offer and I am wondering about the accommodation.Are there any students who are not going for the university`s halls and are renting a flat because in my opinion this is the better option?
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Original post by erika_lub
Hey everybody,I got a conditional offer and I am wondering about the accommodation.Are there any students who are not going for the university`s halls and are renting a flat because in my opinion this is the better option?

Haya, I'm planning on getting a flat, looking for people to share with. Been keeping an eye on spareroom.co.uk, its a website used by people advertising rooms available in their houses/apartments etc. I've been told to avoid living south of the river because its supposedly a sh*thole! The west end is supposed to be a nice place to live
I'm still waiting to see if I got a place at halls... Anyone else in the same boat?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a place in James Goold Hall, got accepted earlier this week. So I guess it should not take too long till you hear sth from the University!
Pironi join the facebook group if you aren't in it "Strathclyde Freshers 2014"
Original post by PironiAlex
I have a place in James Goold Hall, got accepted earlier this week. So I guess it should not take too long till you hear sth from the University!

I hope so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 526
Hey, I'm going to arrive to Glasgow on 25th August and still haven't got any accomodation. I also didn't apply for halls, because I would prefer a flat. I see some of you are looking for a flatmate? I like cooking and I am really good at it! (At least that's what I've been told!) :biggrin:
I have a room in James Goold Hall, got accepted some days ago - so guess it should not take too long till you hear something from the Uni.

Best
Just accepted James Young. Anyone else staying there?
Original post by stevieallan91
Just accepted James Young. Anyone else staying there?

Me! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've applied for accommodation at James Young but they haven't offered me a room yet, although I've had my offer since February. They told me not to worry and I'll have it etc etc, I just don't know when :3
Hi!!!
I come from Italy and I recived an offer for Andrew Ure Hall... Can anyone suggest me if it is a good or bad place to live, if internet is included in the price and how much will cost approximately the gas and electricity. Is it better to stay in this hall or see a private accommodation? Any suggestion will be helpful :biggrin:
Hi to everyone! I'm from Ukraine and I'm going to come to Glasgow (University of Strathclyde) for passing my internship from 12/08/2014 till 03/08/2015. All Student Halls don't provide accommodation only for 3 months. Can anybody recommend short term accommodation for this period near the university. Or, maybe, anyone want to share a flat with me this winter?)))
I stayed in chancellors block A, my room was always freezing, the rooms next to the kitchen are the warmest but I wasn't so lucky. I never got on with my flat mates which was awkward but you can be through it, I was out most of the time or in my room doing work so rarely saw them that much anyway. It was quite minging when I moved in so needed a good clean, our fridge always froze our food aswell, my lock never worked on my door and it never got fixed, fire alarms going off around 3 in the morning wasn't good especially if you had an early start or an exam.
Hey!
I was offered a place in Murray Halls.. Is there anyone who's about to go there, too??
My course is starting in a month, and I actually don't know anyone from the uni or even the city, and I just can't help myself but feel quite nervous all the time.. :frown: I'm coming from Greece btw..
Original post by loveheart2
Hey!
I was offered a place in Murray Halls.. Is there anyone who's about to go there, too??
My course is starting in a month, and I actually don't know anyone from the uni or even the city, and I just can't help myself but feel quite nervous all the time.. :frown: I'm coming from Greece btw..

Hey :smile::smile:
We're actually all like you but in this group is all first year students and you can find people on your course. I actually made this group because I knew no one!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/851038634911579/
Original post by EbrahimSa
Hey :smile::smile:
We're actually all like you but in this group is all first year students and you can find people on your course. I actually made this group because I knew no one!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/851038634911579/

Thank you! I just joined! :biggrin:
Original post by Robsteron
I stayed in chancellors block A, my room was always freezing, the rooms next to the kitchen are the warmest but I wasn't so lucky. I never got on with my flat mates which was awkward but you can be through it, I was out most of the time or in my room doing work so rarely saw them that much anyway. It was quite minging when I moved in so needed a good clean, our fridge always froze our food aswell, my lock never worked on my door and it never got fixed, fire alarms going off around 3 in the morning wasn't good especially if you had an early start or an exam.

Freezing cold? Clearly you hit the jackpot. In Birkbeck it was so bloody warm even in the dead of winter that I had to have my window open at 90 degrees to stop breaking into sweat. There was only one 3am fire alarm for me though and that was during freshers' pahah.

Seriously though, upcoming Birkbeckers, it's basically Tahiti in there. Bring yer shorts.
Reply 538
hy everybody.. i got unconditional offr for 2015 entry. anybody can tell me where to stay for mature student? pleeaseeeee
Original post by Scarlett--xx
thanks, you too! :biggrin:

well ive been trying to read reviews about the halls but i havent had much success, ive only read a few because most of them are by scottish students who review the university as a whole and didnt stay in halls :/ ill probably have to do a bit more researching before i apply though, ive got plenty of time to do it though so im in no hurry atm :smile:

and im doing international business :smile: sounds kind of boring i know haha, what are you doing? :tongue:

Patrick Thomas Court
Andrew Ure Hall
James Goold Hall out of these 3 which are available for the post graduation which one has the best crowd and is good for partying! cost not an issue

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending