Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lala_GKG)
    Hay, I got an unconditional offer from Strathclyde University for a M.Sc in Hydrogeology. I'm looking for private accommodation using the PAD website. Is anybody else doing the same? I'm an Irish student looking for other postgraduates interested in becoming housemates (3/4 people max). Thanks

Hey there, I'll be doing my MSc in International Banking and Finance and was also looking for private accommodations thats near to UNI.

Do message me if you're still looking for housemates!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am enrolled in MSc in International Banking and Finance, too. I also received an offer for Uni accommodation, but don't know....why did you decide to look for private accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dikodika)
    Hi, I am enrolled in MSc in International Banking and Finance, too. I also received an offer for Uni accommodation, but don't know....why did you decide to look for private accommodation?
    Hi, I have replied your PM!

Anyway, where are the other Business School Students ?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm going to attend Business & management and I'm looking for the accomodation
    Where are you going to stay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beeatrice)
    Hi! I'm going to attend Business & management and I'm looking for the accomodation
    Where are you going to stay?
    Hey,

I am also doing MBM. I am also looking for acco options right now. Did you find a suitable place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aman112)
    Hey,

I am also doing MBM. I am also looking for acco options right now. Did you find a suitable place?
    No I didn't, but I would like to stay in halls in the campus. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    I am offering a flat to share in Glasgow.I am looking for people from September.If someone is interested and wants to know more details do not hesitate to get in touch with me

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm hoping to move to Glasgow for Uni and I also work in city centre so it would be handy not to be travelling by train everyday to get to work/Uni. I'm in the midst of looking at flats and looking for flatmates. Drop me a message if you're in a similar situation! I'm hoping to move in September:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll be starting a PhD at Strathy from October 1st, so if anyone has a room to offer in a flatshare, then drop me a message

ReputationRep:
    I filled the accomodation form on Friday and I'll stay on campus only if I get the hall with the ensuite room. Otherwise i'll look for privates.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all; starting primary education in September, anyone else in Forbes hall?

ReputationRep:
    Went for Collegelands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julia.89)
    Went for Collegelands
    Did you get the accommodation from Collegelands?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beeatrice)
    Did you get the accommodation from Collegelands?
    Yes, I still have to pay the first installment by the 2nd of September but it's all set. I don't remember what block and floor I am xD but it's in my account.

The university located me in Andrew Ure but I wanted my own bathroom in the room so I went for private halls and Collegelands still had vacancies.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I still have to pay the first installment by the 2nd of September but it's all set. I don't remember what block and floor I am xD but it's in my account.

The university located me in Andrew Ure but I wanted my own bathroom in the room so I went for private halls and Collegelands still had vacancies.
    Oh I get it. I'm in Collegelands too, but not for private. Uni located me there because I wanted my own bathroom too!

ReputationRep:
    Bathroom high five!!! ))))

ReputationRep:
    Bathroom high five!!! ))))
    Yeaaah we'll meet there, bye!

ReputationRep:
    If you're reading this thread you're obviously unsure about whether to go to strathclyde university or another.

All I can say is; don't be fooled by the "aw yeah strathclyde's a 'total party uni' patter," because it's a load of sh***. Anyone who says that has clearly never been to anything more advanced than fuc**** pre-drinks at spoons.
    If you want to be surrounded by a tonne of wannabe party-fiends who talk about "pre's," 9-5 and then sit on their arse all night up kokomo, then fire on in. That's your scene.

On the other hand, pick a uni with a bit of class, a bit of culture and get a bloody taxi up the town. You can dip in and out of the clubs but you can never drag yourself out of this shi**hole.

Also, birkbeck does have the most parties and the people there are probably most keen for a good time (successful applicants are sent a personal survey to partner you with similar bawbags), but the trade-off is you live in a f***ing slum.

So, if you want to swan about with a bottle of warm f***ing bud in your hand and then tell all your wee pals about how last night was "off the scale," and then make it to 9am engineering mechanics, get yourself stuck right in. 5 years of sheer "madness," await.

ReputationRep:
    Conditional for strathclyde!! I want to live somewhere with an en suite, any recommendations? All the pictures on their websites of places like James Young Halls are really old and don't look that nice so maybe thinking collegelands, help needed thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have a conditional offer for Strathclyde and i strongly need an accomodation near the uni !! Help !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 18, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.