The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Changing courses??

Helloooo!!
Has anyone changed courses at Huddersfield? I just wanted to see how difficult it is/when's the best time to do it?
I applied last year for BA Fashion, promotion & communication and deffered my entry year to 2011, but since then I've had a lot of time to consider if it's the best choice for me, etc and I've come to the conclusion that Illustration is definitely more suited to me. Does anymore know how popular the Illustration BA is at Hudds?
Sorry about all the Q's, I'm just super worried I won't be able to get a place on the illustration course now :-/
Reply 1
I don't know if it's of any help but my friend switched courses about a month into her degree in our first year and she had no problems at all :smile: Your best bet might be to email Huddersfield and see what they say. Email the head of that department or the admissions tutor. Good luck!
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Reply 2
this is EXACTLY the same situation i am in! went to my interview for fashion promotion and communication and have recieved an offer, but half of me wants to do graphic design. however the course at Huddersfield did sound good and there seemed to be alot of creative aspects of it such as magazine layout/design etc? do you think you will start on the fashion communication course and then change or tell them before you start?
Reply 3
I did e-mail and ask and they said that they would pass on my application, but that was such a long time ago and I've not heard anything back! I think I'm going to do what Belle-x's friend did and wait until I get there (fingers crossed though!). Yeah they sort of make it out to be creative, but I know a few people who started that course in Sept and they do really really enjoy it, but they have told me that it isn't as 'creative' as they expected... I guess you don't fully understand what it's like until you go- especially with courses like FM&P.
Reply 4
Original post by sunshinerae
I did e-mail and ask and they said that they would pass on my application, but that was such a long time ago and I've not heard anything back! I think I'm going to do what Belle-x's friend did and wait until I get there (fingers crossed though!). Yeah they sort of make it out to be creative, but I know a few people who started that course in Sept and they do really really enjoy it, but they have told me that it isn't as 'creative' as they expected... I guess you don't fully understand what it's like until you go- especially with courses like FM&P.

Maybe you should email them back and ask if they've got round to passing the application on as you haven't heard anything back? I know my friend only switched courses (she came to our course from another) because our class was fairly small so there was spaces left :smile:
Reply 5
I have now found out I have an interview next Wednesday- eeek!! Thanks for your help guys xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending