The Student Room Group

How to reviseee

heyy so yeh, I'm sitting for 11 GCSE's in the summer and as
the time goes by theyre getting closer and closer...
Of course I want to do well and so revising is my main priority
but the question is...when I have 11 subjects to revise...
where on EARTH do I start?!..
I've tried going by my exam timetable but whenever I revise the subject
closest..I always feel like I have to be revising something else...and of course you cant revise two things at one solidly for an hour or two...
I guess I just need help in structuring my revision..suggestions would be very much appreciated! :smile:
Reply 1
Start on the subjects you are weakest in or areas you havnt fully understood, but make sure to leave enough time to revise for the stronger exams.
Reply 2
How long do you have left til your first exam? Maybe your revision timetable isn't up to scratch. Set what you're going to revise each day (or each hour, if you want to be that specific). Make sure you set equal times of revision for all your exams (or remove some days for the less important/easy ones and substitute time in for those that are the far more important/hard ones). Of course always make sure you revise a subject the day (or two days) before its exam. Also predict how long you're going to remember the information you've taken in. There's no point revising for a subject 30 days prior to the exam if you're just going to forget it in that time. Structure it around how well your memory can cope with information you're going to take in.

I used to count revision on days with school as '0.5 points' and days without school as '1 point' - just to make sure I kept equal time amounts of revision for all exams.

It sounds simple and lame, but I found putting my exams in a timetable kind of helped me get motivated, and didn't create the chaotic thoughts of "Ohh....what should I revise next?!". I used to revise all the information twice and then go straight to past papers, maybe making notes might help (they do for maths and physics equations).
Reply 3
Original post by Sasukekun
How long do you have left til your first exam?
Maybe your revision timetable isn't up to scratch.
It sounds simple and lame, but I found putting my exams in a timetable kind of helped me get motivated, and didn't create the chaotic thoughts of "Ohh....what should I revise next?!".

My first exam is on the 16th May... I know it sounds like its far away..but its really not :/

I dont know how to make a revision timetable... and when I try to make one I feel like im wasting more time by making one

Yeh I can't help it when I think what should I do next...
Original post by rasabet
My first exam is on the 16th May... I know it sounds like its far away..but its really not :/

I dont know how to make a revision timetable... and when I try to make one I feel like im wasting more time by making one

Yeh I can't help it when I think what should I do next...

www.getrevising.co.uk
IT'S INCREDIBLE
Does my revision timetable every year.

Put in your exam dates and prior commitments
press 'make timetable'
Then print it out
and get off TSR! :wink:

Quick Reply