Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet&petitee)
    oh yeh i always forget practical implications are IDA, woops

thanks v much +1 rep

you can mention how it assumes that aggression is evolutionary and not genetic etc....

but if it states group displays of aggression are evolutionary, then its therefore also genetic? since the whole point of evolution is to pass down successful genes & reproductive fitness etc
    Erm, I was thinking more, that it may be possible that some people are more aggressive than others due to genetics (faulty genes) compared to evolutionary

I think a better phrase would be

' It assumes that it is adaptive, - however it is possible they a genetic predisposition plays a role - eveidence for this comes from the study carried out by________.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipesto93)
    Erm, I was thinking more, that it may be possible that some people are more aggressive than others due to genetics (faulty genes) compared to evolutionary

I think a better phrase would be

' It assumes that it is adaptive, - however it is possible they a genetic predisposition plays a role - eveidence for this comes from the study carried out by________.)
    ahh i get what you mean but even with faulty genes it's still got to be passed down, and if the faulty gene wasn't adaptive in some sense then it wouldn't be passed through generations.
    but i see what you mean, but couldn't you say that this faulty gene passed down creates a biological predisposition rather than determining aggression, since one flaw of the evolutionary explanation is that it cannot account of individual differences, such as levels of aggression. This therefore means that it's likely that the situational factors combined with this gene fault that trigger the different levels of aggression that are displayed

(thought im starting to feel we're going a bit off topic from group displays haha

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone doing the relationship topic explain to me the Adapted to Flee Hypothesis as an evolutionary explanation of anorexia nervosa. I don't understand it very well and I don't know how to explain it in the exam

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm doing this unit for the first time, does anyone know what came up in January on the following topics:
    Biological rhythms and sleep
    Relationships
    Gender?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worthyg)
    Hi
    I'm doing this unit for the first time, does anyone know what came up in January on the following topics:
    Biological rhythms and sleep
    Relationships
    Gender?
    Sleep - Discuss the role of endogenous pacemakers in the control of one or more biological rhythms.

Relationships - Describe and evaluate two or more theories of the formation of romantic relationships.

Gender - Discuss Kohlberg’s theory of gender development.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, Larfs!

I can share notes on these three if anyone needs, although they're just shortening down of AQA book, casue I'm doing notes beside them as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiebiscuit)
    Can anyone doing the relationship topic explain to me the Adapted to Flee Hypothesis as an evolutionary explanation of anorexia nervosa. I don't understand it very well and I don't know how to explain it in the exam
    Well my understanding is that in our EEA (environment of evolutionary adaptation), the early humans had to constantly move around places due to lack of secure food and even predation risks. To adapt to this constant fight for survival, humans have supposadly created a mechanism: AN (anorexia nervosa), to deal with this. Kind of like to famine hypothesis.

This is how I personally see it, if its wrong then

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone!!!
    is anybody doing unit 3 exam in the morning? on 17th june?

ReputationRep:
    everybody is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knowledgeISgood)
    hello everyone!!!
    is anybody doing unit 3 exam in the morning? on 17th june?
    Morning??? Mines in the afternoon, surely they are all meant to be at roughly the same time of day?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm quick question, if you were asked a question on Neural and Hormonal explanations of aggression..
    Do you think its possible they would ask you to outline and evaluate just neural e.g. serotonin and dopamine stuff and evaluate that
    or just to outline hormonal mechanism for the 25 marker?

Or would it be under something like outline and evaluate one or more biological explanations of aggression?

ReputationRep:
    Morning??? Mines in the afternoon, surely they are all meant to be at roughly the same time of day?
    Yeah same here...mines in the afternoon. Might wanna check out with you colleges exam office

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smilie :))
    Hmmmm quick question, if you were asked a question on Neural and Hormonal explanations of aggression..
    Do you think its possible they would ask you to outline and evaluate just neural e.g. serotonin and dopamine stuff and evaluate that
    or just to outline hormonal mechanism for the 25 marker?

Or would it be under something like outline and evaluate one or more biological explanations of aggression?
    They will only ask
    neural AND hormonal for a 25 mark
    but if it was a 5 or 6 mark, i think they might be able to specify, but i doubt it

ReputationRep:
    You know you'r sick of revising Psychology when you wake up 90 minutes after you were meant to and the first thing that comes into your mind is "Oh, I took another NREM/REM cycle"

ReputationRep:
    You know you'r sick of revising Psychology when you wake up 90 minutes after you were meant to and the first thing that comes into your mind is "Oh, I took another NREM/REM cycle"
    haha i did this

ReputationRep:
    It's 12 A02 marks, and 4, A03 I think, though if you put more methodological marks than 4 they can carry over to A02
    o kk thanx

ReputationRep:
    does ny1 ave a good idea of wat they think is gunna come up?? in relationships there has been a few questions on relationships in different cultures rite?? so tht prob wont come up will it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentToday)
    does ny1 ave a good idea of wat they think is gunna come up?? in relationships there has been a few questions on relationships in different cultures rite?? so tht prob wont come up will it??
    i posted some predictions somewhere in the last (4?) pages

its really not wise to predict, they could ask the same quesion as they year before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentToday)
    Effects of early relationships never came up, hoping it will now.

ReputationRep:
    Effects of early relationships never came up, hoping it will now.
    yeah my teacher predicted that

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.