Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worthyg)
    Effects of early relationships never came up, hoping it will now.
    eugh i hate that topic i have so many studies, but not much to say about them as far as IDA etc any help guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet&petitee)
    eugh i hate that topic i have so many studies, but not much to say about them as far as IDA etc any help guys?
    same, i have like 15 studies, i guess you really got to find some sort of IDA in the evaluation of their methodology
    and also you can talk about gender bias? or culture bias?
    or something.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipesto93)
    same, i have like 15 studies, i guess you really got to find some sort of IDA in the evaluation of their methodology
    and also you can talk about gender bias? or culture bias?
    or something.
    lol
    the only thing i can think of is use of different approaches ie the internal working model, a cog/developmental explanation may be more suitable to explain the results in comparison to SLT for example
    and the classic deterministic lol

pretty weak though :/ none of the studies i have really boast anything about gender bias, need to find some, anyone who has feel free to add haha

ReputationRep:
    Arrgghhhh, I can't get many studies to support/more importantly criticize deindividuation theory of aggression. anyone fancy helping? aha, so far i've got Zimbardo, Mann, Mullan and Watson to support, but literally none to critique it.

I HATE YOU DEINDIVIDUATION! Why couldn't it be as easy as SLT. Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamcol123)
    Arrgghhhh, I can't get many studies to support/more importantly criticize deindividuation theory of aggression. anyone fancy helping? aha, so far i've got Zimbardo, Mann, Mullan and Watson to support, but literally none to critique it.

you dont really have to criticize it,
    i just have 2 by zimbardo really (prison and name tag experiment)

ReputationRep:

Postmes & Spears (1998) found in a meta-analysis of 60 studies of individuation there is insufficiant support for deindivuation & its major claims. They found that disinhibition & ASB were not more common in large groups & anonymous settings

^^obviously goes againsts main claims therefore weakens support for explanation of individuation. plus you can go on about the strengths of meta-anaylsis for more evaluation marks

hope it helps slightly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipesto93)
    you dont really have to criticize it,
    i just have 2 by zimbardo really (prison and name tag experiment)
    Ahh serious? I guess AO2 can be backing up theories, I always forget that! I jus' found Johnson and Downing, which looks like a good lead if I need it though... I just know, if they ask to outline and evaluate one social psychological theory of aggression, I'm going SLT!

ReputationRep:
    Postmes & Spears (1998) found in a meta-analysis of 60 studies of individuation there is insufficiant support for deindivuation & its major claims. They found that disinhibition & ASB were not more common in large groups & anonymous settings

^^obviously goes againsts main claims therefore weakens support for explanation of individuation. plus you can go on about the strengths of meta-anaylsis for more evaluation marks

hope it helps slightly
    Oh christ, I do not know how I missed this! The complete companion book right?

I just went straight past it in the book for some reason? aha, thank you for making me go back, greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    oh and you can also say how SLT is an alternative approach...thats ao2/ida.

ReputationRep:
    Oh christ, I do not know how I missed this! The complete companion book right?

I just went straight past it in the book for some reason? aha, thank you for making me go back, greatly appreciated!
    haha no worries

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any a02/3 points for ultradian other than the evaluation of the dement study.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got synoptic debates/issues for group displays of aggression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubez14)
    Does anyone have any a02/3 points for ultradian other than the evaluation of the dement study.

Thanks
    This!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an idea as to what might be coming up for
    Gender, Aggression and biological ryhthms?

I really want biological or evolutionary to come up as they're my strongest areas!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RD93)
    Lynch mobs can also be explained in terms of deindividuation, meaning that there is no need for the adative approach in that sense, that's your synopticity point. And IDA is a bit more awkward, but in the book I have it mentions how the effect of having strong intra-group relations within religious groups, may also lead to inter-group conflict, causing deaths etc.

So yeah, make of that what you will..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    This!
    This :confused: ??

ReputationRep:

I really want biological or evolutionary to come up as they're my strongest areas!
    I heard for Aggression group display may come up, I am awful at evolutionary ones! aha, I am doing sleep, but not a clue what's gonna come up, they were really nice in Jan. though

ReputationRep:
    To start with: outline continuity hypothesis, horizontal relationships as practice platform for developing rship skills.
    SLT - Russell and Finnie - study of pre school children with their mothers
    Hazan and Shaver is the main study for me. And continuity hypothesis has lots of criticisms:
    -life events have more influence on later attachment type that childhood attachment
    -"earned security" - problematic attachments with parents may go on to develop secure attachment in adult relationships
    -there might be different attachment styles in one relationship
    -person's temperament may influence their relationship
    -importance of partner's attachment style is also important
    -METHODOLOGY of such studies - often social desirability (cause of the nature of the studies - self report measures), ppts often recall fuzzy memories of their relationship with parents. But it was later changed from self report to Adult Attachment Interview, which focuses on the way memories are recalled rather than the content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worthyg)
    To start with: outline continuity hypothesis, horizontal relationships as practice platform for developing rship skills.
    SLT - Russell and Finnie - study of pre school children with their mothers
    Hazan and Shaver is the main study for me. And continuity hypothesis has lots of criticisms:
    -life events have more influence on later attachment type that childhood attachment
    -"earned security" - problematic attachments with parents may go on to develop secure attachment in adult relationships
    -there might be different attachment styles in one relationship
    -person's temperament may influence their relationship
    -importance of partner's attachment style is also important
    -METHODOLOGY of such studies - often social desirability (cause of the nature of the studies - self report measures), ppts often recall fuzzy memories of their relationship with parents. But it was later changed from self report to Adult Attachment Interview, which focuses on the way memories are recalled rather than the content.

Agh thank you, that's a massive help, been struggling how to layout an essay on this topic so thank you!! (would rep you, but I have none left, will do so tomorrow)

ReputationRep:

using a logical approach, based on what hasnt been asked, see my post in this thread with predictions from my teacher, who is useually right

(Original post by rubez14)

Thanks
    you really dont need any more, evaluation of the dement study can probably take up half a page alone, i dont think you will be asked a 25 mark specifically on ultradian, but you may be on the other two.
    it is more likley you would get a 25 mark on the nature of sleep, where you would talk about all the stuff for ultradian AND all the extra stuff you learn in the nature of sleep topic

(Original post by RD93)
    - use deindividuation as an alternative approach
    - the folens dog book talkes about implications for modern policiing strategies during sports display
    -crowds are not ALLWAYS aggressive
    -evolutionary explanations are no longer relevant due to new changes in society
    -although this theory says its evolutioary, there are still cultural differences in group aggression
    - talk about nature/nurture/reductionism/determinism
    - it dosent take into account the role of genes. ( assumes all behaviour is adaptive)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2012

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.