Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worthyg)
    To start with: outline continuity hypothesis, horizontal relationships as practice platform for developing rship skills.
    SLT - Russell and Finnie - study of pre school children with their mothers
    Hazan and Shaver is the main study for me. And continuity hypothesis has lots of criticisms:
    -life events have more influence on later attachment type that childhood attachment
    -"earned security" - problematic attachments with parents may go on to develop secure attachment in adult relationships
    -there might be different attachment styles in one relationship
    -person's temperament may influence their relationship
    -importance of partner's attachment style is also important
    -METHODOLOGY of such studies - often social desirability (cause of the nature of the studies - self report measures), ppts often recall fuzzy memories of their relationship with parents. But it was later changed from self report to Adult Attachment Interview, which focuses on the way memories are recalled rather than the content.
    Yeah i agree,

--outline the continuity hypothesis
    --talk about childhood attatchment types, and how characteristics of say, a secure child can be interpreted into a long term relationship ( i.e secure attatched leads to a long term realationship with little jealoust)
    --the hazen and shaver study has PLENTY of ao2 pounds (Geographical sample, gender bias- mostly females replies, retrospective, only evlauates current relationsips, Social desireability - over reporting - cultural relativity ETC...
    -- Then we have a bunch of studies on this
    --then another bunch of studies assessing peer relationships
    -- then remmeber you can still talk about the role of genes being ignored, reductionistic, culture, etc.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an idea of what marks you need out of 75 for an A or a B overall?
    I heard it was only 44 to get an A last time
    i need atleast a B or im not going to uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipesto93)
    anyone got an idea of what marks you need out of 75 for an A or a B overall?
    I heard it was only 44 to get an A last time
    i need atleast a B or im not going to uni!
    Woaaahhh, yeah you're right, 44 for an A, for a B it would have been 38 and a C was 32. That's all for Jan 2011 anyways, which I thought were pretty nice questions?! pfftt, I got that all off of the UMS converter if you wanna do it yourself aswell, it's really good!

http://web.aqa.org.uk/UMS/ums_converter_a2.php?id=04

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamcol123)
    Lynch mobs can also be explained in terms of deindividuation, meaning that there is no need for the adative approach in that sense, that's your synopticity point. And IDA is a bit more awkward, but in the book I have it mentions how the effect of having strong intra-group relations within religious groups, may also lead to inter-group conflict, causing deaths etc.

So yeah, make of that what you will..

Ah cool I got the religion bit from the dog book, I was thinking it could be used to explain stuff like terrorist attacks? Might be a stretch but seems valid enough. It's weird we used deind and social dominance theory for our theories on this bit.

- use deindividuation as an alternative approach
    - the folens dog book talkes about implications for modern policiing strategies during sports display
    -crowds are not ALLWAYS aggressive
    -evolutionary explanations are no longer relevant due to new changes in society
    -although this theory says its evolutioary, there are still cultural differences in group aggression
    - talk about nature/nurture/reductionism/determinism
    - it dosent take into account the role of genes. ( assumes all behaviour is adaptive)
    thanks! i find the dog book infinitely better than the eye book for most stuff

speaking of the eye book: for nature of sleep it says we have to comment on research that has explored the stages of sleep. However in BOTH my textbooks research isn't mentioned in the slightest. So am I right in assuming that that bit of the spec is 100% AO1?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here doing cognitive development? Sorry its such a small post it just seems like nobody is except our college.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys

Could anyone who took this paper in January and/or Unit 4 tell me what questions came out if you remember so i could use them as practice? or if anyone has a copy of the exam or examiner's report?

Im doing:

PsyA3:

Relationships
    Aggression
    Eating Behaviour

PsyA4:

Schizophrenia
    Anomalistic Psychology
    Research Methods.

Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RD93)

speaking of the eye book: for nature of sleep it says we have to comment on research that has explored the stages of sleep. However in BOTH my textbooks research isn't mentioned in the slightest. So am I right in assuming that that bit of the spec is 100% AO1?
    Dement and kiletman is the only study i can think of, that you can then extensively evaluate

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting this paper
    I'm studying Aggression, Relationships and Bio Rhythms + Sleep.

I think Sleep is the hardest for me because only one other person in my year is taking it, I'm learning it by myself because I didn't really want to do Gender.

I really need a high mark in this paper as I only got a C in Unit 4 in Jan, when I was expected to get an A :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollymonsterr)
    I'm sitting this paper
    I'm studying Aggression, Relationships and Bio Rhythms + Sleep.

I think Sleep is the hardest for me because only one other person in my year is taking it, I'm learning it by myself because I didn't really want to do Gender.

I really need a high mark in this paper as I only got a C in Unit 4 in Jan, when I was expected to get an A :/
    same, sort of, I am predicted an A but i messed up on the last paper, so i need an A this time round

sleep is slightly harder, but after you compile some notes you just gotta memorise it all

ReputationRep:
    Dement and kiletman is the only study i can think of, that you can then extensively evaluate
    I don't think I've seen it is it in the eye or dog book?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RD93)
    I don't think I've seen it is it in the eye or dog book?
    page 5, at the top, under the 'sleep stages' heading, dog book (folens)
    you can evaluate it saying how:
    - it has low validity as people may sleep differently with and eeg attatched
    - dreams are subjective,
    - eeg was used so you can talk about the scientific method and things.
    - participents didnt sleep in their normal environment
    - does not explain why people where found to be dreaming in NREM sleep

hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    page 5, at the top, under the 'sleep stages' heading, dog book (folens)
    you can evaluate it saying how:
    - it has low validity as people may sleep differently with and eeg attatched
    - dreams are subjective,
    - eeg was used so you can talk about the scientific method and things.
    - participents didnt sleep in their normal environment
    - does not explain why people where found to be dreaming in NREM sleep

hope that helps
    you sir are a legend. what are you predicted for psychology?
    the only nitpick is that normally evaluating stuff like that won't gain ao2 credit as far as i know because you 'haven't discussed implications for theories blah blah blah'

im assuming whether these aren't theories as such that its all fair game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RD93)
    you sir are a legend. what are you predicted for psychology?
    the only nitpick is that normally evaluating stuff like that won't gain ao2 credit as far as i know because you 'haven't discussed implications for theories blah blah blah'

im assuming whether these aren't theories as such that its all fair game
    yeah, you are right, i just stick it all in there and let the examiner pick out the ao1/2 lol
    I am predicted an A, and i can memorise the textbook etc, but when it comes to actually writing the essay i always messs up, usually because it ends up being incoherent and fragmented - in januray, i allways got A's in the class test then got a low B in the real thing

better not happen this time!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, you are right, i just stick it all in there and let the examiner pick out the ao1/2 lol
    I am predicted an A, and i can memorise the textbook etc, but when it comes to actually writing the essay i always messs up, usually because it ends up being incoherent and fragmented - in januray, i allways got A's in the class test then got a low B in the real thing

better not happen this time!
    it should work tbh because like i said - not theory heavy, it's all 'proven' (in before you can't prove things in psychology )

I'm predicted an A* so hopefully I can get there, other way around, the explicit AO3 is incredibly hard to get credit for in my class tests so I'm just including it in every essay plan.

Just need to finish making notes for sleep and then memorising and planning can begin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RD93)
    it should work tbh because like i said - not theory heavy, it's all 'proven' (in before you can't prove things in psychology )

I'm predicted an A* so hopefully I can get there, other way around, the explicit AO3 is incredibly hard to get credit for in my class tests so I'm just including it in every essay plan.

Just need to finish making notes for sleep and then memorising and planning can begin.
    yeah i finished memorising, now i just gotta memorise some more 'high quality notes'

Exactly what is ao3? out teacher told us to ignore ao3 and just do

ao1
    ao2
    and IDA

ReputationRep:
    yeah i finished memorising, now i just gotta memorise some more 'high quality notes'

Exactly what is ao3? out teacher told us to ignore ao3 and just do

ao1
    ao2
    and IDA
    AO3 - IDA and synoptic

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys :ciao:

I'm doing:
    - Biological rhythms and Sleep
    - Aggression
    - Eating behaviours

Anyone have notes/essays on:
    - Jet lag and shift lag
    - Institutional Aggression
    - Evolutionary explanations of human Aggression
    ...?

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RD93)
    AO3 - IDA and synoptic
    Hi, what's IDA?

ReputationRep:
    issues - debates - approaches, they need to be included somewhere to get above a C/B

ReputationRep:
    issues - debates - approaches, they need to be included somewhere to get above a C/B
    thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2012
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.