Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipesto93)
    yeah, i split it up as:
    Arguments For testosterone
    arguments against it
    arguments for serotonin
    arguments against it

make sure 1 or 2 of your studies are in alot of detail so you can evaluate them well
    Yeah I get it!
    And yeahhh so then I can plenty of IDA/AO3! thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamcol123)
    What about dopamine and cortisol? I've literally spent SO much time getting all four in, do not tell me I only had to perfect two?!?! aha
    well i can write 2 and a half handwritten pages on just serotinin / testosteron, so its a quantity vs quality thingy

ReputationRep:
    well i can write 2 and a half handwritten pages on just serotinin / testosteron, so its a quantity vs quality thingy
    Yeah I get ya after you've done the plan out, christ I need to plan my time better.

ReputationRep:
    Things are FINALLY starting to sink in. In really need to do some more work on biological rhythms as it's my weakest are. Does anybody have an research for exogenous zeitgeibers? I'm a bit light on it.

I REALLY want evolutionary theory for Aggression but I most people are predicting group displays, boo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    Things are FINALLY starting to sink in. In really need to do some more work on biological rhythms as it's my weakest are. Does anybody have an research for exogenous zeitgeibers? I'm a bit light on it.

I REALLY want evolutionary theory for Aggression but I most people are predicting group displays, boo.
    I really hate both neural and hormonal any day! I feel like I have nothing to say for group displays, or evolutionary, so much A01 but I just need some more evaluation

ReputationRep:
    (
    so the exogenous zietgibers for the circaduan rhythem are light/temperature/social cues:
    • Campbell and murphy - found the circadian rhythem could be changed just by shining light on the back of the knee
    • Boivin - found artificial and natural light both affected the circaidian rhythm
    • stevens - said the increased rate of breast cancer in industraial areas could be explained by the increased artificial light
    • Siffre - the cave study, it shows how they are not too important
    • then you CAN mention steven and zucher or Mogan, even though they are studies on the SCN (endogenous) you can say, HOWEVER research has found endogenous factors do also play a role...(IDA)

then for the infradian rhythme - the mensutral cycle, the exogenous xietgebers are Pheremones
    - McClintook
    -Russl

and that should be enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet&petitee)
    I really hate both neural and hormonal any day! I feel like I have nothing to say for group displays, or evolutionary, so much A01 but I just need some more evaluation
    Both Evolutionary Expl and Group Displays.. scare me tbh! I agree, there is so much AO1 for it, and not enough AO2 "/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becksiee26)
    Both Evolutionary Expl and Group Displays.. scare me tbh! I agree, there is so much AO1 for it, and not enough AO2 "/
    make up some studies lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehhhx)
    Hi guys, need some help with Gender. I've only just started revising [done the other 2] and I seem to have no AO3 what so ever with what I've looked at so far: Kohlberg's Theory and the Martin and Halverson study using Gender Schemas.

Does anyone have anything for it/can anyone explain the Schema study involving the pictures shown to kids. I just can't understand it. If anyone can help I'd be forever in your debt.
    Well, I remember the paper being JUST on Kohlberg's theory in January, so hopefully it's unlikely to come up again so soon.

I'm so screwed for these exams (Unit 3 resit and Unit 4).
    I don't know ANYTHING about addiction (our teacher was rubbish). If anyone's got any revision notes for it, I'd really, really appreciate it

ReputationRep:

Ahh I hate the evolutionary one : ( Do you have a sample essay for it? It seems that there's more ao1 than ao2 for this one,, I really want genetics to come up

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, i'm revising group display of aggression

can they ask specifically to outline& evaluate lynch mobs or xenophobia ect...?

or will the question be something like "outline and evaluate explanations for group display in humans" so you can choose what to write about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mooniibuggy)
    hey guys, i'm revising group display of aggression

can they ask specifically to outline& evaluate lynch mobs or xenophobia ect...?

or will the question be something like "outline and evaluate explanations for group display in humans" so you can choose what to write about?

You can choose, they wont specify just lynch mobs or xenophobia, you could talk about other things such as religious rituals

ReputationRep:
    You can choose, they wont specify just lynch mobs or xenophobia, you could talk about other things such as religious rituals
    that's great, thanks !

ReputationRep:
    make up some studies lol
    Lol and just hope for the best?

Antipesto (1993) :L

sounds realistic right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becksiee26)
    Lol and just hope for the best?

Antipesto (1993) :L

sounds realistic right?

you never know, its worked for other people before

ReputationRep:

you never know, its worked for other people before
    LMAO :L

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I keep finding that I am struggling to recall which study goes with each topic... I can remember my main ones but then the other two I always forget! It is so annoying! Our teacher gave us a list of all the posible questions that could come up (they may be worded diff though), and there is like nearly 20 of them. :/

ReputationRep:
    Evolutionary theory of Agg came up in January this year is it really likely to come up again? Maybe a small 6 mark question but my prediction is on..... GROUP DISPLAYS, NEURAL & HORMONAL OR GENETIC FACTORS. Hate them all but I've learnt them

ReputationRep:
    any predictions for :

Media
    Schizophrenia
    ????

What came up in previous exams that are unlikely to come up again?

ReputationRep:
    a02 for Social learning theory anyone

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.