Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodOl'CharlieB)
    Hey guys just wondering, for group displays of aggressions do we need to know lynch mobs AND sports crowds or could we just learn the one?

And is it just me or do Psychologists seem to have the most difficult names?....its like they do it on purpose to make revising studies a nightmare...lol
    I've personally learnt about both to be on the safe side. You never know if the question might be 'Outline/Evaluate/Whatever ONE group display' or 'Outline/Evaluate group displayS of Aggression'. It's best to cover all basis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodOl'CharlieB)
    Hey guys just wondering, for group displays of aggressions do we need to know lynch mobs AND sports crowds or could we just learn the one?

And is it just me or do Psychologists seem to have the most difficult names?....its like they do it on purpose to make revising studies a nightmare...lol
    Yeah you really need to know both. Lynch mobs show how groups can be aggressive. sports crowds is short and basically shows that each theory can be used to explain elements of crowd behaviour.

haha i still remember van ijzendoorn and kroonenberg from unit 1!! psychologists' names are ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehhhx)
    I've personally learnt about both to be on the safe side. You never know if the question might be 'Outline/Evaluate/Whatever ONE group display' or 'Outline/Evaluate group displayS of Aggression'. It's best to cover all basis.
    (Original post by Hf1992)
    Yeah you really need to know both. Lynch mobs show how groups can be aggressive. sports crowds is short and basically shows that each theory can be used to explain elements of crowd behaviour.

haha i still remember van ijzendoorn and kroonenberg from unit 1!! psychologists' names are ridiculous.
    Thanks a lot guys I'll learn it to be in on the safe side, I have a feeling it will turn up in this exam as it hasn't been covered yet.

Lol Hf1992, it's ridiculous right, I've made myself flashcards with just the names on cause they always slip out of my head.

Good luck to you both in your exams

ReputationRep:
    Am predicting Group Displays for Aggression, Evolutionary for Eating Behaviour and for Sleep? No idea. Of course I'm trying to revise all areas anyway, but I feel some I'm skimming over...

How are people revising?

ReputationRep:
    anyone have the links for unit 3 and 4 past papers? I can't find them

ReputationRep:
    Evolutionary for Eating? I don't have that much for it. Oh Godddd.

I can't believe Gender. I find it absolutely awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipesto93)
    What is the ****ty uni?
    Coleraine in Northern Ireland. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worthyg)
    Coleraine in Northern Ireland. :/
    Ah...i see .. better get revising lol!

ReputationRep:
    Ah...i see .. better get revising lol!
    Maybe it's not the fact that I don't like this uni, I don't like this town, cause the course offers placement year so it's not too bad. But I better get revising anyway :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillysal)
    Go back in the thread. This has been asked numerus times.

MAYBE someone can edit the first post to contain links to papers and specs??!

ReputationRep:
    hey guysss
    does anyone know what kind of questions are likely to come up for:
    -relationships
    -eating
    -biological rhythms?

thankss!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needssomehelpplease)
    we got given example essays that are 25/25 for all topics and all poss questions that could come up, i would post them, but they are so long and its a hardcopy.
    Heyy...could you perhaps scan them and then put them up please?

ReputationRep:
    yeah if it is possible or could u tell us the topics most likey to come up

ReputationRep:
    Kind of off topic from all the rest of these posts. but this is about AO2/3

How many points is everyone learning? Can you actually learn 16 marks of AO2/3 for each sub-section - it seems slightly unrealistic to me both with time restraints and memory!
    I was told that its quality rather than quantity but what have you guys been told and how many are you learning? (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolly21)
    Kind of off topic from all the rest of these posts. but this is about AO2/3

How many points is everyone learning? Can you actually learn 16 marks of AO2/3 for each sub-section - it seems slightly unrealistic to me both with time restraints and memory!
    I was told that its quality rather than quantity but what have you guys been told and how many are you learning? (:
    16 marks can come in may ways, it dosent mean you need to make a certain number of points or anything, I would say, 1 page of writing can can you all of the ao1 marks, and about 1.5pages for ao2, its possible to get 25/25 with just 2 handwritten pages, if all of your ao2 points count as effective - i.e not just 'gender bias' but by explicitly discussing the implications it has for the theory or whatever

i typed 1 and a bit pages once, and got like 23/25

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillysal)
    http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/scien...hp?id=03&prev=

June 2010

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf...W-QP-JUN10.PDF
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf...W-QP-JUN10.PDF

January 2010

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf...W-QP-JAN10.PDF
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf...W-QP-JAN10.PDF

Specimen

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf...3-W-SQP-07.PDF
    http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf...4-W-SQP-07.PDF

You'll find the mark schemes in the same place.. just on a separate pdf

ReputationRep:
    16 marks can come in may ways, it dosent mean you need to make a certain number of points or anything, I would say, 1 page of writing can can you all of the ao1 marks, and about 1.5pages for ao2, its possible to get 25/25 with just 2 handwritten pages, if all of your ao2 points count as effective - i.e not just 'gender bias' but by explicitly discussing the implications it has for the theory or whatever

i typed 1 and a bit pages once, and got like 23/25
    ok great! Thanks a lot for your help - that's definitely more encouraging

ReputationRep:
    I started revising gender yesterday and for example in biological explanations:
    "Males were found to have different functions and anatomy of hypothalamus. Swaab and Fliers found evidence in the sexually dimorphic nucleus INAH1 located in hypothalamus. They found that men had 2.5 times larger sexually dimorphic nucleus with 2.2 times number of cells. Later studies contradicted these findings and INAH2 and INAH3 were identified. LeVay found size differences only in INAH3, which arise from pre-natal action of sex hormones"
    Where AO1 ends and AO2/3 starts here?

ReputationRep:
    thankyou so much! +1rep

ReputationRep:
    Also - is anyone being risky enough to leave out a few topics, like say the ones that came up in the same year in January? or is it just me?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.