Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    institutional aggression 25 marks came up january 2010, therefore is it unlikely that it will appear?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolly21)
    Also - is anyone being risky enough to leave out a few topics, like say the ones that came up in the same year in January? or is it just me?
    I was thinking of doing this aswell, but they might ask little 5 mark questions or something on a topic that we miss out!

ReputationRep:
    Also - is anyone being risky enough to leave out a few topics, like say the ones that came up in the same year in January? or is it just me?
    I've been looking through the past exams and it looks like they don't repeat the same questions.
    BUT AQA are the sort who like to mix and match, they might ask to compare and contrast two approaches, e.g social and biological, so it's worth learning everything because an approach from the previous years may appear again.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillysal)
    I was thinking of doing this aswell, but they might ask little 5 mark questions or something on a topic that we miss out!
    I guess that makes it 'quite' unlikely, though I guess its worth knowing a bit about in case they ask halves? or like AQA enjoy doing - giving up to three questions. :mad:
    yeah, so what i think is probably the best idea is to go over the things that you THINK will come up in great detail and then go over the things that have come up before in less detail, but so that you'd be able to answer at least a 6 or 8 marker on it?

Its entirely up to how much people think they can remember though I guess (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodOl'CharlieB)
    I've been looking through the past exams and it looks like they don't repeat the same questions.
    BUT AQA are the sort who like to mix and match, they might ask to compare and contrast two approaches, e.g social and biological, so it's worth learning everything because an approach from the previous years may appear again.

Hope that helps
    good point (:
    thanks, very helpful

ReputationRep:
    I guess that makes it 'quite' unlikely, though I guess its worth knowing a bit about in case they ask halves? or like AQA enjoy doing - giving up to three questions. :mad:
    yeah, so what i think is probably the best idea is to go over the things that you THINK will come up in great detail and then go over the things that have come up before in less detail, but so that you'd be able to answer at least a 6 or 8 marker on it?

Its entirely up to how much people think they can remember though I guess (:
    good point, I think im going to go for this route! Have a feeling adaptive responses will show its face!

ReputationRep:
    good point, I think im going to go for this route! Have a feeling adaptive responses will show its face!
    ugh. Yeah, i think so too. Unluckily, that's my least favourite out of all of them.

what other topics are you doing?
    I'm doing bio rhythms and eating behaviour
    there's so much biology in the course this year!

ReputationRep:
    ugh. Yeah, i think so too. Unluckily, that's my least favourite out of all of them.

what other topics are you doing?
    I'm doing bio rhythms and eating behaviour
    there's so much biology in the course this year!
    I'm doing bio rhythms and sleep too! and also gender

i think restoration theory, evolutionary explanations or disrupting bio rhythms could come up! what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing bio rhythms and sleep too! and also gender

i think restoration theory, evolutionary explanations or disrupting bio rhythms could come up! what do you think?
    I sincerely hope restoration theory doesn't come up or evo explanations! I think maybe if they have adaptive response in aggression and i think they may have evolution in eating behaviour then they won't do it for bio rhythms, maybe?
    I'm hoping for disruption of bio rhythms - that would be quite easy-ish

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping for disruption of bio rhythms - that would be quite easy-ish
    Would that be all the jet-lag and shift work stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worthyg)
    Would that be all the jet-lag and shift work stuff?
    Yep! that's all about jet and shift lag (:
    so for shift work you talk about - decreased alertness, sleep deprivation and effects on health
    and jet lag - its mostly about performance decrement
    for AO2/3 talk about implications for treatment, individual differences, the strengths and weaknesses with lab experiments. In my opinion, that's like the best out of all of them!
    What do you think will come up? any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to have notes on:
    Perception
    Eating
    Cognitive

Anyone want me to upload when I've done? Alsooooo, if anyone else has note on these topics they'd like to share that would be great.

ReputationRep:
    yes, I am ..thought I was the only one..I'm leaving out success and failure of dieting for eating behaviour...and that's about it.
    When I told other psychology students I was going to leave out some topics they warned me not to...but I doubt (and hope) that topic doesn't come up.

What topics have you missed out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pink_is_bright)
    hey guysss
    does anyone know what kind of questions are likely to come up for:
    -relationships
    -eating
    -biological rhythms?

thankss!!
    My predictions are:
    Relationships - I really think early experiences on adult relationships will come up. Or the influence of adolescent experience on adult relationships.
    Eating - Biological explanations of eating behaviour.
    Sleep - Sleeping disorders (no idea which one but I hope they split the questions up - not too confident about the sleep topic).

ReputationRep:
    What do you think will come up? any ideas?
    It might be:
    Nature of sleep (EEG, REM, NREM, etc. might be as 4/5 mark tho)
    Restoration theories/memory consolidation theory

But I really hope theories of function of sleep will come up as 16 for evaluation. I've the most evaluation points on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiebiscuit)
    yes, I am ..thought I was the only one..I'm leaving out success and failure of dieting for eating behaviour...and that's about it.
    When I told other psychology students I was going to leave out some topics they warned me not to...but I doubt (and hope) that topic doesn't come up.

What topics have you missed out?

hmm. i'm still deciding actually, haha!
    when did the success/failure of dieting come up? was it a 25 marker?
    i might leave out factors influencing attitudes to food and eating behaviour seeing as that came up in january, so did neural mechanisms, but i think that was only like a 5/6 marker or something? so may go over that a bit more

are you ready for the exam? --- i'm so not :eek: there is just so much to learn!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worthyg)
    It might be:
    Nature of sleep (EEG, REM, NREM, etc. might be as 4/5 mark tho)
    Restoration theories/memory consolidation theory

But I really hope theories of function of sleep will come up as 16 for evaluation. I've the most evaluation points on them.
    Ok, i actually need help. If a nature of sleep question came up what on earth would you talk about.. i know you're saying about EEG, REM and NREM etc. but is it sleep stages..? can you give me a vague idea ?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i actually need help. If a nature of sleep question came up what on earth would you talk about.. i know you're saying about EEG, REM and NREM etc. but is it sleep stages..? can you give me a vague idea ?
    You would talk about the different sleep stages in detail (1-5 and REM/NREM)
    you would talk about the EEG
    The dement and klietman study (if you leant it)
    and the physiology of sleep ( but i dont think anyone actually learnt that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipesto93)
    You would talk about the different sleep stages in detail (1-5 and REM/NREM)
    you would talk about the EEG
    The dement and klietman study (if you leant it)
    and the physiology of sleep ( but i dont think anyone actually learnt that)
    Okay, but would you talk about how each of the stages is characterised on the EEG? like theta waves etc?

ReputationRep:
    hmm. i'm still deciding actually, haha!
    when did the success/failure of dieting come up? was it a 25 marker?
    i might leave out factors influencing attitudes to food and eating behaviour seeing as that came up in january, so did neural mechanisms, but i think that was only like a 5/6 marker or something? so may go over that a bit more

are you ready for the exam? --- i'm so not :eek: there is just so much to learn!!
    Jan 2010. It was 'Discuss explanations for the success and/or failure of dieting' (25 marks).

factors influnecing attitudes to food is not so bad..it's the only one I'm confident about it.

Psychology is ALWAYS the exam I dread the most..even in AS level I always panicked.
    Yes, there is a lot to learn! studies (so glad we don't need to remember the researchers names - nightmare cos they all have unusual names! haha)

How do you revise?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.