Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fun_fun)
    i think you should just learn it, because it relates to parental influence. In the book i have there's only a page on it so its not a lot to learn and can get you extra points.
    btw, what are your other topics?
    Yeah I've just written some notes up on it, not much though, but just to be safe. And Eating and Aggression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worthyg)
    Do you want me to go into more depth for them or you have it in your other text book?
    In the book I've got there's a separate page on SLT so I should be okay, thanks though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maimuna_92)
    my teachers have been drilling into us that A03 IS issues, debates and approaches! so stuff like beta/alpha bias, reductionism, determinism, issues with ethics and animal research etc! and that you need as much of these in your answers as possible for them to even be considered for the top band.
    and A02 is more about studies or explanations that support/criticise your points.
    no, have a look on the spec, some of IDA can come under methodology, since you can criticise a study for potentially being beta bias due to not testing males/females so minimising sex differences when they occur. but generally A03 is methodological stuff, though there are some overlaps. In Jan 11 PSYA4 paper under media, one question was 4 marks on the problem with the study that was outlined, hence the 4 mark allocation for methodological evaluation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehhhx)
    Yeah I've just written some notes up on it, not much though, but just to be safe. And Eating and Aggression.
    ooh right hows the aggression going?...i'm doing gender, aggression and relationships..
    ergh i hate this unit, it's so frickin' looooong.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an essay/notes on psychological androgyny/gender dysphoria?

ReputationRep:
    Do you include studies if it's in a "Describe" question?

Could anyone show me exemplar answers for each type of question? (particularly bio rhythms/gender/aggression)

If anyone could help me out I would be forever grateful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fun_fun)
    ooh right hows the aggression going?...i'm doing gender, aggression and relationships..
    ergh i hate this unit, it's so frickin' looooong.
    Aggression's my fave It's the one I learnt the quickest. How are you finding it? I was going to do Relationships instead of Gender, but it looked way too long to me. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    sleep, aggression, eating behaviour predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipesto93)
    Yeah, i have one for every single possible question for aggression relationsips and sleep, let me know if you need any more
    have you got an essay for evolutionary explanations of aggression

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christmas_steps)
    Do you include studies if it's in a "Describe" question?

Could anyone show me exemplar answers for each type of question? (particularly bio rhythms/gender/aggression)

If anyone could help me out I would be forever grateful!
    I think you can, i've never been sure, but in a revision guide i have it does...

Outine the role of genetic factors in aggressive behaviour (4 marks)
    Both twin & adoption studies have shown an important role for genetic factors in aggression. For example, a twin study by Coccaro et al (1997) found that genes accounted for more than 40% of the individual differences in aggressive behaviour. An adoption study by Hutchings & Mednick (1973) found a significant positive correlation between convictions for criminal violence between biological fathers & their adopted sons, suggesting that these genetic influences persist despite the lack of shared environment. Finally a meta-analysis of 51 twin & adoption studies (Rhee & Waldman 2002) estimated that the genetic compnant in ASB was approximately 40%

this was in my revision guide (topics in psychology: aggression) so i assume so, you could state findings of studies without researchers too i guess, but stear clear from saying support, because that's where it can become evaluative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehhhx)
    Aggression's my fave It's the one I learnt the quickest. How are you finding it? I was going to do Relationships instead of Gender, but it looked way too long to me. :eek:
    it is long. your lucky you didnt do it
    ..and i'm not doing so well..
    i just properly started revising today and the exam is in 5 days, i think..
    oh god im useless, i think i have a problem where i can't revise. i need to see someone.

ReputationRep:
    I freaking hate Psychology A2, and the exam is only a week from now...
    Any reasonable predictions of possible questions? I was thinking:
    BIOLOGICAL RHYTHMS AND SLEEP - disrupting bio. rhythms or explanations of functions of sleep?
    RELATIONSHIPS - sexual selection & reproductive behaviour or influence of parent/child rel. and/or interactions with peers on adult relationships
    AGGRESSION - group displays or bio. expl.

Could someone help me out with group display? I'm a little bit confused as to what comes up under it, my teacher was absolutely crap and I'm dreading this exam... Got 67 UMS in Jan, but it was not bad considering that I've only revised for one day (I focused on my law exam and got a high A).
    I really need to improve my grade, otherwise I need at least 80 UMS in PSYA4 to get an A overall... I wanted to revise during half term but spent the whole week in bed with a really bad case of flu :/
    PANIC PANIC
    I HATE YOU AQA!

ReputationRep:
    exams on friday and I don't know anything i'm at the phase where I cannot revise :| I know nothinggg on eating behaviour, aggression and sleep ahhh :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigzy29)
    sleep, aggression, eating behaviour predictions?
    i'm doing them three!

ReputationRep:
    I've been reasing this thread and i;ve got mixed results about what i need to revise. Im doing sleep, aggression and cognitive development. Am i suppose to revise the whole syllabus for these subjects or for certain topics such as 'explanations of aggression' do i only need to know a few of the many explanations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haki)
    I've been reasing this thread and i;ve got mixed results about what i need to revise. Im doing sleep, aggression and cognitive development. Am i suppose to revise the whole syllabus for these subjects or for certain topics such as 'explanations of aggression' do i only need to know a few of the many explanations.
    you're supposed to revise the whole section on the speficiation so whatever bullet points are under the sections you gotta revise all of that!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i have one for every single possible question for aggression relationsips and sleep, let me know if you need any more
    Hey sorry to interrupt, but do you think it would be possible for you to email me your essays or post them up here? im really struggling and have three exams next week, so kind of panicking lol! So would really appreciate any extra help or information

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smilie :))
    Hey sorry to interrupt, but do you think it would be possible for you to email me your essays or post them up here? im really struggling and have three exams next week, so kind of panicking lol! So would really appreciate any extra help or information
    tomorrow will post them here

ReputationRep:
    tomorrow will post them here
    Thank you so much! Your actually a life saver

ReputationRep:
    they are all here
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzF...lOGRk&hl=en_US

Sorry, The spelling in these are horrible, i never checked over them,
    when you click the link you can see the sleep essays
    you can then also choose to go in the aggression or sleep folder

i got 20/25 or higher for:
    Formation of relationsips
    maintaince of relationships
    nature of sleep

.... and i got no idea what grade the rest are

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2012
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.