Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dr.phalange)
    I got them predicitons from what they've not already asked etc... argh I hate question spotting but there's that much for this exam it's hard not to!
    yeah me too yeah see that's the thing, I think it;s easy to suss out whats coming up but tbh now we gotta make sure we know it in depth to get the grade!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TGBuble)
    For Intelligence,
    Can they ask us to explain both Psychodymanic AND Information Processing Theories in one question, or will they be seperate?
    Ta x
    They can be separate make sure you learn them in detail, they can ask you a 25 marker on one of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MVD_02)
    sleep - consequences of disrupting bio rhythms
    aggression - group display or neural and hormonal mechanisms
    eating behaviour - evolutionary exp of food preference

wbu?
    i do sleep and aggression too and that's also what i'm thinking

ReputationRep:
    Same Here, Im doing:
    Biological Rhythms of Sleep: Disruption/Nature/Explanations for sleep disorder/Insomnia
    Aggression: Group Display/Biological Approach
    Eating Behavior: Evolutionary Explanations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillysal)
    i do sleep and aggression too and that's also what i'm thinking
    you nervous about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MVD_02)
    yeah me too yeah see that's the thing, I think it;s easy to suss out whats coming up but tbh now we gotta make sure we know it in depth to get the grade!

Yep I just pray to God we've predicted right!
    For Aggression in Group Displays, if they asked us a 25 marker would you say do A01 for Lynch Mobs and then I have 4 A02/3 points, then do A01 for Sports Events for which I have 4 A02 points for.. would that be enough?
    How many A02/3 points do you think is enough to get the full 16 marks on it?
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H-D Crossbones)
    Same Here, Im doing:
    Biological Rhythms of Sleep: Disruption/Nature/Explanations for sleep disorder/Insomnia
    Aggression: Group Display/Biological Approach
    Eating Behavior: Evolutionary Explanations

Are you only learning Evolutionary Explanations for Eating Behaviours and nothing else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumar2)
    They can be separate make sure you learn them in detail, they can ask you a 25 marker on one of them.
    Oh dear "/ I need to get some more detail on Information processing.

Also, could they ask us for just Operant or Classical Conditioning, or will it be on both? (for Intelligence) because I couldn't do a 25 marker on Operant "/

Such fun. x

ReputationRep:
    Are you only learning Evolutionary Explanations for Eating Behaviours and nothing else?
    Nope I will look at everything in each topic just those are the areas where I will focus on more....Also looking at the past & Specification for Eating: Bio explanations has a possibility too as Jan 2010 question was able to be answered either via Bio or Evolutionary Explanation. =/

ReputationRep:
    Thank You

I wish they didnt make the topics so broad! ... ah well I think I will take a gamble and focus on Evolutionary theory while spreading over the rest in less detail
    Same i'm going to take the same gamble just make sure you know everything else more or less so if its not evolutionary or the question is in 2 parts you won't be caught out!

ReputationRep:
    Nope I will look at everything in each topic just those are the areas where I will focus on more....Also looking at the past & Specification for Eating: Bio explanations has a possibility too as Jan 2010 question was able to be answered either via Bio or Evolutionary Explanation. =/
    Ohh its true, when they asked for factors influencing food preferences as the 5 mark question i guess 'evolution' could have been one of the factors

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have an essay on the biological explanation to EB? it always confuses me, and srry for asking like 100 times but does anyone have notes/an essay on relationship breakdowns?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any suggestions as to how many A02/3 points is enough to get you the full 16 marks?
    Say they were all fully detailed, how many would you say?
    Obviously might have to include 2 seperate A01 theories as I have maximum of 4 A02 points for each A01!
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any suggestions as to how many A02/3 points is enough to get you the full 16 marks?
    Say they were all fully detailed, how many would you say?
    Obviously might have to include 2 seperate A01 theories as I have maximum of 4 A02 points for each A01!
    Thank you
    Well It was suggested to me that a 16 mark question should have at least 2-3 detailed A02 points, as long as A01 is sufficiently covered.

Sorry, not very specific but just what I was suggested.

ReputationRep:
    Could they just ask us to outline and evaluate research in the topics that we have studied.

I'm a bit worried because last year they were told to discuss research into cultural differences in relationships but i can see that as a specific point on the specification

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseanne16)
    Could they just ask us to outline and evaluate research in the topics that we have studied.

I'm a bit worried because last year they were told to discuss research into cultural differences in relationships but i can see that as a specific point on the specification
    I suppose they could but it's unlikely that they will just focus on research when there are topics they haven't covered. But a question could be outline and evaluate ... referring to relevant research ... rather than purely focusing on research itself...but Its just speculation.

I'm speaking broadly here, as I'm not doing Relationships...Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Yep I just pray to God we've predicted right!
    For Aggression in Group Displays, if they asked us a 25 marker would you say do A01 for Lynch Mobs and then I have 4 A02/3 points, then do A01 for Sports Events for which I have 4 A02 points for.. would that be enough?
    How many A02/3 points do you think is enough to get the full 16 marks on it?
    Thanks!
    yeahh thats enough! i'm doing exactly the same lynch mobs and sports events and about 3 ao2/ao3 points for each!

ReputationRep:
    I suppose they could but it's unlikely that they will just focus on research when there are topics they haven't covered. But a question could be outline and evaluate ... referring to relevant research ... rather than purely focusing on research itself...but Its just speculation.

I'm speaking broadly here, as I'm not doing Relationships...Sorry
    meh i hope not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseanne16)
    srry for asking like 100 times but does anyone have notes/an essay on relationship breakdowns?
    I have some notes here on the breakdown of relationships if you'd like?
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Dissolution of Relationships.docx (206.7 KB, 3038 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saaail)
    I have some notes here on the breakdown of relationships if you'd like?
    You're a Crack!

Thank you soooo much!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.