Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an evaluative points on Sternbergs Triarchic Theory (Intelligence)? Literally got nothing on it...

ReputationRep:
    Any ao2/3 points for success/failure of dieting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodOl'CharlieB)
    AQA are not able to ask such a specific question, as it is not specified in the specification, they can only ask about group displays in general. However you can still explain that the majority of explanations, especially those for lynch mobs, are seen as adaptive responses as a result of evolution.

Hope that helps
    Oh okay thanx

Its just because under the specification evolutionary and group aggression come under the topic "Aggression as an adaptive response" so i thought that they might have to take that wording.

Has anyone done any practice essays on this topic in school to give me the title that they were given?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I hate asking for stuff bet here we go, does anyone have any essays they've wrote up on the consequences of disrupting bio rhythms? I'm struggling with how to format it :/

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone got any notes/essays on childhood and adolescence experiences impacting on adult relationships?

Thanks in advance :]

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any information on applying cognitive development to education? PLEASE would be a massive help

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Biorhythms, Eating Behaviour and Aggression.
    I very much agree with everybody elses predictions for the exams, but i dont half feel like i'll be kicking myself if they ask the same ones as they did in January if i dont bother revising them! :/

ReputationRep:
    Furthermore any predictions for cognitive development?

ReputationRep:
    Riiighhhhttt, I've typed up an essay on the consequences of disrupting bio rhythms, does anyone fancy being a hero and going over it for me? It's not very good at all, I can't get enough AO2! Arggghhhhh . I would get my teacher to do it, buttt she was awful and left a couple months back and my school hasnt bothered getting a new one in aha.

I'm going for a grade C Btw Any advice would be helpful!

(there are two files, same essay jus' different formats, if you can't open one, try the other aha)
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Disrupting bio rhythms.pdf (98.8 KB, 850 views)
  2. Attached Files
  3. File Type: doc Outline and evaluate the consequences of disrupting Bio Rhythms.doc (25.5 KB, 1269 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LTaylor93)
    Hey, has anyone got any notes/essays on childhood and adolescence experiences impacting on adult relationships?

Thanks in advance :]

This is the essay I've written for it.
    Attached Files
  4. File Type: doc Discuss the influence of early experiences on later relationships.doc (23.5 KB, 3496 views)

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has a good essay on group display it would be much appreciated if you could upload it. Can't seem to find a lot on this topic and my textbook is pretty limited too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamcol123)
    Riiighhhhttt, I've typed up an essay on the consequences of disrupting bio rhythms, does anyone fancy being a hero and going over it for me? It's not very good at all, I can't get enough AO2! Arggghhhhh . I would get my teacher to do it, buttt she was awful and left a couple months back and my school hasnt bothered getting a new one in aha.

I'm going for a grade C Btw Any advice would be helpful!

(there are two files, same essay jus' different formats, if you can't open one, try the other aha)
    I've just looked through it.
    The circadian trough was done by Boivin et al

Also, I'd be wary of saying sleep deprivation coupled with the circadian trough. The workers will sleep through the day so I'd simply say ''working through the night coupled with the potential issue of the circadian trough can be problematic''

With Knuttson you need to evaluate the problems with his research which is the fact it's a correlational study so cause and effect cannot be determined.

Also, I'd link in the idea of forward rotating to shifts to phase delay.

I can't see any problems with your part on jet lag though. Just make sure to evaluate every study and you should be well on target for a C!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerry92)
    you can talk about some of the same things in both as long as its relevant...

so for the sexual selection one talk about how research shows that the sexes like different things and some of the same things, then bring in natural and sexual selection etc... you can then mention how parental investment says men like youth as this is tied to fertility and women like resources (supported by all the research findings you would have already mentioned).

then go into evaluation about that.

for the second one you want to mention the differences in reproductive behaviour (causal sex, differences in sexual jealousy etc) and then relate that into how the parental investment model explains that-so men have casual sex as that is reproductive success for them, whereas for women it lacks commitment for any resulting offspring etc...
    then you could bring in Buss & schmitts sexual strategies theory and point out as they say women do sometimes go for the short term for 'mate insurance'...
    then just evaluate that

hope that helps
    I think i get it now Thank you soo muchxxx Good luck for your exams - Psy3 is soo close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    I've just looked through it.
    The circadian trough was done by Boivin et al

Also, I'd be wary of saying sleep deprivation coupled with the circadian trough. The workers will sleep through the day so I'd simply say ''working through the night coupled with the potential issue of the circadian trough can be problematic''

With Knuttson you need to evaluate the problems with his research which is the fact it's a correlational study so cause and effect cannot be determined.

Also, I'd link in the idea of forward rotating to shifts to phase delay.

I can't see any problems with your part on jet lag though. Just make sure to evaluate every study and you should be well on target for a C!
    Ahhh thank you Just a quick question, would it be right to do that kinda structure? Like, saying Shift work, then evaluating shift work, then explaining jet lag, followed by the evaluation of jet lag, or would it be better to get all the AO1 out of the way first (Shift work and jet lag) then evaluate them both at the same time?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm bricking it for friday! Thank you again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentToday)
    I think i get it now Thank you soo muchxxx Good luck for your exams - Psy3 is soo close
    ahh good thanks you too! i know :/ im just worried about fitting everything in really...my hand seems to hurt after about 2 mins of writing!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamcol123)
    Ahhh thank you Just a quick question, would it be right to do that kinda structure? Like, saying Shift work, then evaluating shift work, then explaining jet lag, followed by the evaluation of jet lag, or would it be better to get all the AO1 out of the way first (Shift work and jet lag) then evaluate them both at the same time?

Sorry about all the questions, I'm bricking it for friday! Thank you again
    I always do one then the other.
    It might be easier to do jet lag first, then shift work because then you can link in phase delay to forward rotating shifts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    I always do one then the other.
    It might be easier to do jet lag first, then shift work because then you can link in phase delay to forward rotating shifts.
    Ok, cheers I tried giving you rep, but I have to rate some others first, sorryy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jalal123)
    If anyone has a good essay on group display it would be much appreciated if you could upload it. Can't seem to find a lot on this topic and my textbook is pretty limited too.
    Thanks for the essay you wrote on childhood/adolescent experiences.

This is the essay I did on group display earlier in the year and my teacher gave it 21/25. She said it lacked IDA. There may be a few spelling mistakes/grammar errors so I'm sorry about that.

Hope it helps
    Attached Files
  5. File Type: docx Discuss explanations of group displays in humans.docx (17.0 KB, 302 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LTaylor93)
    Thanks for the essay you wrote on childhood/adolescent experiences.

This is the essay I did on group display earlier in the year and my teacher gave it 21/25. She said it lacked IDA. There may be a few spelling mistakes/grammar errors so I'm sorry about that.

Hope it helps
    Thanks for the essay, I didn't realise that you could include all the stuff about deindividuation in this question, that makes it a little more easier. Where did you find all that material for the essay? My textbook has like 3 pages of Group Display and so I never really paid any attention to it until I read everyone's predictions.

P.s. In my opinion you should try and avoid long paragraphs in psychology, I find it more effective to break up your essay into smaller paragraphs that each have their own distinctive point. My teacher says it has something to do with like scientific writing. I've been using this essay style a lot recently and find it's much easier to see how much AO1/2/3 you've got down and where you need more/less.

Just my thoughts, feel free to completely disagree .

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if I've attached my essay plans right.. hmm oh well if this works then feel free to use these, but please try keep your criticism to yourself, I'm stressed as it is!

Does anyone have any other topics from Aggression, Bio Rhythms or Eating Behaviour that they think is vital to revise that you can't already see from my attachments? Please let me know because i'm stressing out about missing key things from my revision!
    Let me know if you find my essay plans useful

ps. there are so many typo's in the Shift Work essay plan! it was late :P
    Attached Files
  6. File Type: doc Shift Work - Disrupting Biological Rhythms - Booklet 1.doc (77.0 KB, 116 views)
  7. File Type: doc Jet Lag - Disrupting Biological Rhythms - Booklet 1.doc (66.5 KB, 115 views)
  8. File Type: doc Group Displays in War.doc (227.5 KB, 179 views)
  9. File Type: doc Group Displays at Sports Events.doc (106.5 KB, 720 views)
  10. File Type: doc Hormonal Mechanisms in Aggression.doc (198.0 KB, 640 views)
  11. File Type: ppt Factors Affecting Insomnia - Sleep Apnoea + Personality.ppt (40.5 KB, 305 views)
  12. File Type: ppt Evolutionary Avoidance of Dangerous Foods.ppt (31.5 KB, 118 views)
  13. File Type: ppt Evolutionary Explanations of Food Preference.ppt (196.0 KB, 237 views)
  14. File Type: doc The Restraint Theory - Dieting Explanations.doc (146.0 KB, 4835 views)
  15. File Type: ppt The Behavioural Model in Anorexia.ppt (38.0 KB, 101 views)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.