Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just a general question, to what extend do you have to describe the Issues, debates and approaches ??
    ie. for essay title out and evaluate the factors influencing food preference and eating behaviour.
    "eating disorders" ... as the child gets older peer influence becomes more important with other influences also coming from media and the culture in which the child has been raised in. However as child obesity levels are on the rise peer influence may not be very beneficial. The role of peer influence is an example of Social learning theory as we are letting our peers/other people influence our behaviour...

^would that get me an AO2/AO3 mark ?? or do I have to link it much more with the essay title ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by storm112)
    i also find people put way too much detail in their ao2 points also, each research study is worth 2 marks, for 1 mark you just need to BRIEFLY outline what happened in the study, briefly meaning 2 sentences max. To gain the other mark you should relate the study to one or all of your ao1 points, hope that helps
    It's not really done marks per point, it's bounded on how well you write, I did psya4 in jan and used 3 or less studies and dropped 1 mark. But I totally agree that study outline should be short and sweet The key is to use trigger words to show it's evaluative like, researcher XYZ provides support/contradicts/disputes

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,
    I've just been going through my group display essay but feel like i might be missing IDA.
    I only have Nature/Nurture and alternative approaches (e.g deindividuation), do you think that should be enough or are there any other general IDA points I could add...
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    i also find people put way too much detail in their ao2 points also, each research study is worth 2 marks, for 1 mark you just need to BRIEFLY outline what happened in the study, briefly meaning 2 sentences max. To gain the other mark you should relate the study to one or all of your ao1 points, hope that helps
    You seem to know your stuff! Just a quick question I'm a bit stuck on in terms of AO's (I hope you don't mind :rolleyes:), but how would we use treatments in terms of AO2? For example, in disrupting rhythms there are techniques and research on the treatments, that I swear can be used in evaluative terms, but I don't know how to word it

Sorry about my muddled grammar, all this revision's stressful!

ReputationRep:
    Guys do you know which topics are most likely to come up from each of the 3 units in psya3? I didn't check through all the previous 50 pages in this thread as Im in the middle of a big panic revision

Any help would put a huge weight off my shoulders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    Just tried it, working fine for me, don't know what's the problem!
    Sorry to be horrendously cheeky, but any chance you have any essay plans on disrupting bio rhythms :puppyeyes: I cannot for the life of me get the right amount of evaluative points in there...

ReputationRep:
    I was told that at A2 psycology essays must include A01, A02 and A03. The first two are ok, but I find that A03 is particularly difficult and I never know what to write. Does anyone know the exact definition of A03 and how we should include it in psychology essays??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodOl'CharlieB)
    Hey everyone,
    I've just been going through my group display essay but feel like i might be missing IDA.
    I only have Nature/Nurture and alternative approaches (e.g deindividuation), do you think that should be enough or are there any other general IDA points I could add...
    Thanks
    Eugh I know, IDA is pretty limited, you can obviously say that it is therefore reductionist/limited by ignoring nurture, just integrating the two explanations. If you have a study that doesn't support the explanation EG power threat hypothesis & lynching, you can say it doesn't support the theory of evolution, and the results might be down to cultural differences

ReputationRep:
    Just a general question, to what extend do you have to describe the Issues, debates and approaches ??
    ie. for essay title out and evaluate the factors influencing food preference and eating behaviour.
    "eating disorders" ... as the child gets older peer influence becomes more important with other influences also coming from media and the culture in which the child has been raised in. However as child obesity levels are on the rise peer influence may not be very beneficial. The role of peer influence is an example of Social learning theory as we are letting our peers/other people influence our behaviour...

^would that get me an AO2/AO3 mark ?? or do I have to link it much more with the essay title ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annagxd)
    I was told that at A2 psycology essays must include A01, A02 and A03. The first two are ok, but I find that A03 is particularly difficult and I never know what to write. Does anyone know the exact definition of A03 and how we should include it in psychology essays??
    ao1 - knowledge (9 marks)
    ao2 - research studies & evaluation (12 marks)
    ao3 - evaluating the research studies you mentioned in the ao2 section. (4 marks)

say, one of the research studies you mentioned for ao2 was conducted on animals.. you could gain an ao3 mark by evaluating the research study in terms of how it lacks validity and reliability, therefore you could say "however, this study was conducted solely on animals therefore lacks external validity as humans may not function in the same way"
    that would be worth one ao3 mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet&petitee)
    Eugh I know, IDA is pretty limited, you can obviously say that it is therefore reductionist/limited by ignoring nurture, just integrating the two explanations. If you have a study that doesn't support the explanation EG power threat hypothesis & lynching, you can say it doesn't support the theory of evolution, and the results might be down to cultural differences
    Nice one thanks, had a minor breakdown about this exam when going over my essay plans lol

What other topics are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annagxd)
    A03 is methodological evaluation ie, only uses students, social desirability etc. If you outline a study to support a theory, you then talk about something with the methodology to further support/weaken the support EG retrospective recall may be biased which will affect the conclusions that can be drawn, weakening support for the theory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GoodOl'CharlieB)
    Nice one thanks, had a minor breakdown about this exam when going over my essay plans lol

What other topics are you doing?
    No worries! I agree, they've left all the mean essays for us I'm doing eating behaviour and relationships, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet&petitee)
    No worries! I agree, they've left all the mean essays for us I'm doing eating behaviour and relationships, you?
    I'm doing eating behaviour too and gender, and AQA are the sort that could throw anything at us despite predictions, so I'm feeling unsafe...lol
    Good luck revising

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anything about lynch mobs (in relation to the evolutionary explanation)
    Any essays?
    And the development of perception? Really hope this one doesn't come up :|

- If this has been mentioned before I'm sorry for repeating it but I really haven't got the time to go back 50+ pages!

ReputationRep:
    id laugh if group displays didnt come up :P

ReputationRep:
    Despite this subject being as unpredictable as bi-polar person on PCP can anyone give me any guesses on what is going to come up on Sleep, relationships and gender?

ReputationRep:
    For Relationships there are 3 that are quite likely to come up:

1. Breakdown of relationships
    2. Sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour
    3. Influence of early childhood / adult relationships

ReputationRep:
    Does sexual selection in relationships count as evolutionary explanations? Stupid question but the panic has set in!

ReputationRep:
    If the question asked us to "discuss the evolutionary approach to explaining parental investment in humans" what would we include?

Sorry i heard about this question and i'm paniking a bit!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2012
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.