The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by worthyg
Functions of sleep came up as " discuss one or more", but what if they ask you evolutionary explanations or restoriation models? I'm not leaving them out...

:-( if I got asked that I'd get 0 marks... hmph best get reading through it then :-(
Original post by sillysal
Kohlburgs theory came up , so i doubt it that it will come up again, my predictions are cross cultural studies, evolutionary, gender schema

did the question actually say 'kohlburg's theory'. didn't think they would be that specific.
In neural explanantions for anorexia, specifically serotonin, I'm a bit confused, does it say that high serotonin causes anxiety? (which I wouldn't have thought would be the case) or is it high serotonin activity, like fluctuating levels causing anxiety? My books worded it really weirdly aha
Reply 1083
Does anyone have any guesses for what might come up for cognitive development? If they throw another theory of mind question at us I'm gonna shoot someone in the eye.
:frown:
Original post by IFondledAGibbon
Agree with this.

I'm learning genetic factors as it's only come up as a 4-marker in June 10.

Lifespan was also only a 4-marker in June 10. Also, as far as I'm aware infradian rhythms haven't come up yet but I'm not sure.

Apart from that I'm doing the same.

can they really ask anything more than 4 marks for lifespan changes?
Reply 1085
does anyone have a sample/model essay on the effect of adolsescence on peer/parent-child relationships?

Could really do with the help, since exam is tomorrow!!!!!!! Its the one of the only essays i can't do :frown:
Original post by safwaansh
:frown:

can they really ask anything more than 4 marks for lifespan changes?

I think the technically can, it's just less likely. Our college gave us this to do:

Critically consider how psychological research has contributed to our understanding of how sleep patterns change across a person’s lifetime. (25 marks)

Awful!!
how can there be a 25 marker on infradian rhythms :/
Original post by hobbit619
how can there be a 25 marker on infradian rhythms :/

was thinking the same thing. i thought i had more of less everything covered until i came on here!
I think the technically can, it's just less likely. Our college gave us this to do:

Critically consider how psychological research has contributed to our understanding of how sleep patterns change across a person’s lifetime. (25 marks)

Awful!!

thats a horrible question. can you answer than for 25 marks?
thats a horrible question. can you answer than for 25 marks?

I'd go through the different changes in lifespan and evaluate the studies for each one. There's also there's:
Obayan et al meta analysis
Borbely et al found that people take naps affecting results
Dement who said that samples are biased to to busy middle aged people not taking part in research.

I'd really struggle if that came up and I doubt it will.
Nearly done Relationships, then just eating to do!!

What were people's predictions for eating, bio rhythms and relationships?

Bored and tired now.

Also the exam is in the afternoon , yes??
I'd go through the different changes in lifespan and evaluate the studies for each one. There's also there's:
Obayan et al meta analysis
Borbely et al found that people take naps affecting results
Dement who said that samples are biased to to busy middle aged people not taking part in research.

I'd really struggle if that came up and I doubt it will.

most of that sounds like alien to me. very worried now.
Has anyone got any notes for the Biological Approach to aggression. I've learnt about hormones and neural mechanisms, but I have no notes on the genetic factors!
most of that sounds like alien to me. very worried now.

Don't be! I think it's unlikely to come up. If you like, have a look at some of the notes posted on the first page of this thread. There might be some more studies in there.
is group displays of aggression likely to come up?
Gender predictions anyone ? :smile:
has role of genes and hormones come up before for gender?
HEY ALL,
Is anyone doing eating behaviour, aggression and gender?
If so what do you think may come up in the exam for each of them?

Plus does anyone have any notes for Gender? x
Need so much help :smile:
Reply 1099
Original post by liamcol123
In neural explanantions for anorexia, specifically serotonin, I'm a bit confused, does it say that high serotonin causes anxiety? (which I wouldn't have thought would be the case) or is it high serotonin activity, like fluctuating levels causing anxiety? My books worded it really weirdly aha

i learnt it just as people with anorexia seem to have underactive serotonin pathways/reduced amount of receptors for serotonin... so it is low levels of it that is apparently leading to the anorexia.

remember to point out for evaluation though, that we cannot be sure whether the abnormality caused anorexia or whether anorexia itself caused the abnormality as anorexia disrupts hormone balance.

hopefully that helps you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending