Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many pages would you roughly write on a 25 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safwaansh)
    thats a relief. sure i wont lose marks for no dates?
    Yes
    (Original post by Crazydavy)
    Don't worry then, it will all be over soon, it's my last exam I quite enjoy psychology exams, the only exam I've ever enjoyed doing!
    Lucky, I've got till wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamijack)
    Yes

Lucky, I've got till wednesday
    Unlucky :/ - I've had a pretty intense week though. Are all these questions in the exam 25 markers or are they split up anywhere? I'm praying they're all 25 markers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esachica)
    ALSO. I have hardly anything for Sleepwalking/Narcolepsy & I can just imagine getting a question on that -.- Anyone got anything? D:
    Ok here's what I have for Sleep walking AO2:
    Gunn and Gunn: behaviours like lining up shoes on the window sill were seen, but mainly sleep walkers carry out normal routine activities

Soldatos and Kale: said that sleep walkers have a prior pathology of depression and trauma

Hubin et al: studied twins, found concordance rate to be DZ: 0.37, MZ: 0.55 when children, but changed to DZ: 0.05, MZ: 0.37 when adults

can't remember anything else off the top of my head.. wow this is great

Narcolepsy:

I hated Narcolepsy. I don't know anything for it off the top of my head... -_-" sorry...
    OH. something about Dogs. yes.
    Ninashi and Mignot: found dogs inherited a faulty gene which is why they have narcolepsy, but this doesn't apply to humans as Mignot et al found because out of 16 twins, only 4 pairs had narcolepsy

something to do with brain trauma and brain damage... and something to do with orexin or Hcrt.

ReputationRep:
    if you're using a research to support a theory and you structure the point like this:

in support of ................... theory ......... Et Al found that ................................ ................................ ................................ ....................... . this supports the ............................ theory as it suggests ................................ ................... .

is that 2 AO2 marks? or less/more? wanted to know because i've been revising on the basis i need eight AO2 points in a essay with each point carrying 2 marks. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safwaansh)
    if you're using a research to support a theory and you structure the point like this:

in support of ................... theory ......... Et Al found that ................................ ................................ ................................ ....................... . this supports the ............................ theory as it suggests ................................ ................... .

is that 2 AO2 marks? or less/more? wanted to know because i've been revising on the basis i need eight AO2 points in a essay with each point carrying 2 marks. thanks
    yep but remember to add IDA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazydavy)
    Unlucky :/ - I've had a pretty intense week though. Are all these questions in the exam 25 markers or are they split up anywhere? I'm praying they're all 25 markers...
    Most likely at least one will be split up.

ReputationRep:
    What are the predictions for whats going to come up for eating? Preying it's not dieting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darylpoon12)
    yep but remember to add IDA
    yeah. i was thinking for a 25 marker i'd do nine points for AO1, three studies AO2, one issue/debate, one alternative approach AO2, one/two methodological point AO3.

thats apparently the structure that examiners want. our teacher said they was told that when they went to a AQA seminar.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any idea what may come up for Agression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse)
    Can Someone please give me some reminders of the maintenance of relationship theories (and formation).
    There are 2 maintenance of relationships theories that I know of which are;

Social Exchange Theory:
    This is based on the profit/loss obtained in the relationship which can include such things as financial stability, sex etc. For the relationship to be succesful our percieved profits must be higher than our loss.
    This can explain why women may stay in abusive relationships as them leaving may have a greater loss e.g. no home.
    However this only really applies to western cultures as we are individualist and focus on the gains we can make from give and take e.g. like a stock market.
    The 2nd part to this theory is our Comparison Level this is our expectancy level of what we should gain from the relationship that we determine from our past experiences, if we gain less than our CL level we may leave the relationship and look to see if there is a better 'deal' elsewhere.
    Although this doesn't explain why people leave relationships when nothing else is available e.g. they stay single.

Equity Theory:
    This theory is based on the fairness of the relationship and the equality of the profit/loss. A supporting study for this is were they found couples were happiest when there was equality rather than one person getting all the benefits.
    However what we consider to be fair is 'subjective' and can be linked with our CL level perhaps from the Social exchange theory?
    Another study considered that relationships aren't purely economic in that with human relationships we repsond to our partners desires and they respond to ours.
    Gender differences in that men see there career as more important if they earn more money where as if the women earns more they rate there jobs as equal, so women seem to expect less from the relationship.

Behaviourist approach maybe due to need for rewards in profit?
    Not sure if you can inlcude a nature v nurture debate in there anywhere as well.

ReputationRep:
    i wonder if AQA will mess up our paper tmrw like they did with Business Studes

They did the same for Geography. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for what is going to come up for sleep?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizolove)
    They did the same for Geography. :mad:
    What actually happened with all of that? How did they f*** up?

ReputationRep:
    Ok here's what I have for Sleep walking AO2:
    Gunn and Gunn: behaviours like lining up shoes on the window sill were seen, but mainly sleep walkers carry out normal routine activities

Soldatos and Kale: said that sleep walkers have a prior pathology of depression and trauma

Hubin et al: studied twins, found concordance rate to be DZ: 0.37, MZ: 0.55 when children, but changed to DZ: 0.05, MZ: 0.37 when adults

can't remember anything else off the top of my head.. wow this is great

Narcolepsy:

I hated Narcolepsy. I don't know anything for it off the top of my head... -_-" sorry...
    OH. something about Dogs. yes.
    Ninashi and Mignot: found dogs inherited a faulty gene which is why they have narcolepsy, but this doesn't apply to humans as Mignot et al found because out of 16 twins, only 4 pairs had narcolepsy

something to do with brain trauma and brain damage... and something to do with orexin or Hcrt.
    That was actually quite entertaining to read "something about dogs. yes." heh. Could we get a 25 marker on sleepwalking/narcolepsy? Or a smaller question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esachica)
    That was actually quite entertaining to read "something about dogs. yes." heh. Could we get a 25 marker on sleepwalking/narcolepsy? Or a smaller question?
    i doubt it. there's already been a question on sleep disorders for 25 marks. well if it comes up i'm doomed because i'm not revising it.

ReputationRep:
    i'm guessing distrupting bio rhythms in some shape or form.

ReputationRep:
    I posted my guesses on page 59

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deanplmr)
    I posted my guesses on page 59
    Thanks, but what's the nature of sleep? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickm926)
    What are the predictions for whats going to come up for eating? Preying it's not dieting.
    According to this thread, it's going to be Evolution

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.