Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esachica)
    My teacher rang AQA in January and they said whatever we feel should go under there!? Which seems stupid. We settled for life-span, theories and even stages.
    Thanks for that

In the dog book it seems to allude to it being lifespan changes in sleep so I guess I'll go with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolly21)
    sleep disorder plans enjoy!
    hope they're okay. I've written essays with these and seemed to get good marks..

beware of copying it directly though
    are those 16 points all needed for AO2? i've been revising on the basis you need 8 AO2 points to get 16 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TGBuble)
    Thank *GOD* you posted that!! I was going to leave out failure/success of dieting!
    Phewph, that could of ended badly...
    Also a pain, I was hoping influences of eating behaviour would come up...
    If the eating disorder comes up, I'm truly screwed.
    A 25 mark question on success/failure of dieting has come up in January 2010 paper, biological explanations for eating disorders may come up (neural explanations, genetics and evolutionary) as they have only previously asked for psychological explanations for eating disorders.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamcol123)
    What happened to my quote D: aha, cheers for posting this! Just a quickie, would you structure it by doing all AO1 then all AO2? Or do for example, jet lag AO1, then jet lag AO2, shift work AO1 followed by shift work AO2, then general IDA and synoptic points? jus' curious :rolleyes:

Thank you again
    hahahaha! sorry i reread your quote and then realised it didn't read what i thought it originally said, so i took it off to not look so silly!
    and in terms of structure, i would integrate the AO1 with the AO2/3 , so do jet lag then Ao2 and shift work then ao2.. if that makes sense..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safwaansh)
    are those 16 points all needed for AO2? i've been revising on the basis you need 8 AO2 points to get 16 marks
    yeah, probably not haha! i just put them in, as a just in case thing. i wouldn't worry, just try and put in as many as possible. remember to expand on your points well enough though to get 2 marks per point.

ReputationRep:
    Is there room for me to put my planning of each answer? And do you plan your answers or will it just was valuable time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolly21)
    yeah, probably not haha! i just put them in, as a just in case thing. i wouldn't worry, just try and put in as many as possible. remember to expand on your points well enough though to get 2 marks per point.
    fhew! for a second i thought i'm destined to fail this exam now. your points are very good by the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liamcol123)
    Nahh mate, Jan 2011 was attitudes and neural mechanisms, I'll upload the paper again here

[SIZE="5"]JANUARY 2011 PSYA3 PAPER ATTACHED[/SIZE]
    Youre a life saver!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    anyone have an idea on what maybe is coming up on relationships and eating? i aint checked what came up on the previous paper, mainly because aqa's site sux imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OpenHorizons)
    Is there room for me to put my planning of each answer? And do you plan your answers or will it just was valuable time?
    I wud plan abit stops u like forgetting things u had thought about right at the start. Our teachers say 10 mins planning roughly then 1 minute a mark. Dunno how realistic it is but just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    surely infradian rhythms would not come up as a 25 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentFDot)
    A 25 mark question on success/failure of dieting has come up in January 2010 paper, biological explanations for eating disorders may come up (neural explanations, genetics and evolutionary) as they have only previously asked for psychological explanations for eating disorders.
    Well thats just brilliant
    *sigh* Gonna be a long night, cheers for letting me know though! Might prove to be a lifesaver

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaboyNathan)
    anyone have an idea on what maybe is coming up on relationships and eating? i aint checked what came up on the previous paper, mainly because aqa's site sux imo
    For relationships i was thinking Influences of childhood and adolescent experiences but could also be evolutionary, maintenance or breakdown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TGBuble)
    Well thats just brilliant
    *sigh* Gonna be a long night, cheers for letting me know though! Might prove to be a lifesaver
    Your welcome.

ReputationRep:
    This is so stressful ! there's waay too much content

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaboyNathan)
    Relationships:

- relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour.
    - early attachment or peer interactions on later adult relationships.
    - maintenance/breakdown or just breakdown alone.

Eating Behaviours:

- evolutionary theory on eating behaviours.
    - biological explanations of one eating disorder.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indian_Prince)
    ok here goes ( its just what i know and some notes so wont be the best, my english aint the best either since i didnt pay much attention in english classes so forgive me )

The development of perception begins from an early age. It has been suggested that we are born with certain innate abilities, such as depth perception. Depth perception allows us to interpret images in 3d, this is done by using cues such texture gradients, relative size and optic flow patterns. ( basicly like when you look further away things get less in detail, colour seems to change etc etc). Gibson and Walk investigated depth perception in babies. They did this by creating a visual "cliff", which was just a staged checkboard effect covered by a clear piece of protective glass. This gave a effect of a cliff, which would show if the baby was scared of falling which would indicate a sense of depth perception. 6 month old babies were used, they were put on one end and encouraged by there mothers to cross over. Most of the babies did not crawl over to the other side, which indicated that they did have depth perception. This would also suggest that depth perception was the result of nature rather than nurture since it was a innate ability that would most likely be present to prevent injuries and increase chances of survival. you can question the vlaidity of this study since the babies were already 6 months old and may have learnt/expierienced depth perception already, however a study by Campos has provided strength for GIbsons theory. Campos tested babies hwo could not yet crawl, he measured there heart rate on the same checkboard effect cliff drop, the heart rates of these babies increased aswell when they were put on the cliff drop, this shows that Gibson study does have some validity.

Newborn babies have very poor visual acuity ( what they see isnt very clear ) and so there perception of things is not accurate. They also have no colour vision for the first few weeks after birth. Binocular disparity and binocular vision (joining the two seperate pictures from both eyes into one single picture) is not present in babies until about 3-6months of age. the development of this occurs in the critical period. this was supported by Bank who studied adults who had a squint at birth, the people who got it treated within the first 30 months had good binocular disparity. The people who had it treated between 2 and 7 years of age and had it treated with in 3 years had a reasonable binocular disparity vision, however those that had squint diagnosed between 4 and 20 years and recieved surgery had little or no disparity vision.

Maturation is also another good point to go with it. Maurer studied infants who had been treated ofr cataracts. At first the visual acuity of these infants was the same as a newborn baby (really bad), but in an hour, there eysight had improved alot. ( i forgot how to link this in with the rest, maybe you can, i think it has something to do with how all the theorists say it can only develop at a early age and not after a certain point, however these were infants and there eyesight had improved a great amount )

well there is more i just need to find my notes! i aint done prospopagnosia yet im so behind
    Thank you!

I think prosopagnosia is most likely to be outline if it comes up... you won't get a 25 marker on that.

Perceptual Development already came up in the June 2010 paper... but I still want to go over it briefly >.<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentFDot)
    Relationships:

- relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour.
    - early attachment or peer interactions on later adult relationships.
    - maintenance/breakdown or just breakdown alone.

Eating Behaviours:

- evolutionary theory on eating behaviours.
    - biological explanations of one eating disorder.

Hope this helps!
    Do you know what might come up for Perception?

ReputationRep:
    I am FREAKING OUT about this paper. AQA had better not be mean to us.

ReputationRep:
    Just got home from work and calmed down (I work in fast food and it was dinner time shift and an extremely busy one at that so you get hyped up and stressed out!), and so tired that I don't think I can revise but I shall do a bit then go to bed!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.