Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How could you evaluate the evolutionary approach to eating?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annagxd)
    If they ask you about the influence of parent-child relationships and peer interactions on adult relationships, do you inlcude childhood experiences or adolescent experiences??
    Both, I would think. Unless they state it's only EARLY or ADOLESCENT exp, I would write about both of them.

ReputationRep:
    What about relationships? What would you write if they asked you about biological explanations, as there is only a page on evolutionary (i.e. sexual selection) And on eating disorder would biological explanations only refer to neural mechanisms or also evolutionary explanations? thanks for your help!
    Not sure about eating disorders, because it's not one of my topics, but in relationships they would definitely NOT ask you about biological explanations, because I don't think there are any (at least I didn't learn any). They could ask about evolutionary stuff, like relationship between sexual selection and reproductive behaviour (and I think it's very likely), OR parental investment and parent-offspring conflict, but it came up recently so it's not very likely to come up today.

So, in conclusion, for relationships I would just prepare for either maintenance/breakdown (although I don't think it will come up, many people on tsr disagree) AND sexual selection AND influence of early/adolescent experiences.
    Hope it's of some help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickm926)
    How could you evaluate the evolutionary approach to eating?
    It's too reductionist to just say that evolution is the sole cause of eating behaviour, as it has been shown that environmental factors play a role
    and also, its not possible to prove it wrong because our ancestors aren't alive anymore, and this means it lacks valitidy

Thats just a few points, theres probably more x

ReputationRep:
    This exam is out of how many marks? 75 or 80?

ReputationRep:
    for relationships can someone pleaseeeee outline the sexual selection strategies and the human reproductive behaviour as i really think this is going to come up and still don't know it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TGBuble)
    It's too reductionist to just say that evolution is the sole cause of eating behaviour, as it has been shown that environmental factors play a role
    and also, its not possible to prove it wrong because our ancestors aren't alive anymore, and this means it lacks valitidy

Thats just a few points, theres probably more x
    I was looking at a powerpoint my teacher made and it says there are fossils to suggest a change in our bodies structures as we have needed to grow bigger to hunt, also can explan the developmeent of language needed during the actual hunt and what to do with it after, however it ignores cross cultural aspects.

ReputationRep:
    If they ask you about the influence of parent-child relationships and peer interactions on adult relationships, do you inlcude childhood experiences or adolescent experiences??
    I don't think they would ask you specifically, as there is not enough information for just adolescent experiences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickm926)
    I was looking at a powerpoint my teacher made and it says there are fossils to suggest a change in our bodies structures as we have needed to grow bigger to hunt, also can explan the developmeent of language needed during the actual hunt and what to do with it after, however it ignores cross cultural aspects.
    Could you also say that the evolutionary theiry is not falsifiable (can't be proved right or wrong) because our ancestors do not live nowadays so we can't realy compare the theory with them?

ReputationRep:
    When you include A03 points about the methodology of the studies, could it be both positive and negative points about the research or must it only be negative?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happyhannahh)
    for relationships can someone pleaseeeee outline the sexual selection strategies and the human reproductive behaviour as i really think this is going to come up and still don't know it
    This is my essay for this question, hope it helps.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx Outline and evaluate the relationship between sexual selection and human reproductive behaviour.docx (13.6 KB, 232 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkajanik)
    This exam is out of how many marks? 75 or 80?

ReputationRep:
    would anyone mind looking at my plan for group displays and neural/hormonal mechanisms of aggression?

ReputationRep:
    what else can i say for the breakdown of relationships other than duck's model?? we have only done one....and im so screwed if a 25 marker comes up on it!

ReputationRep:
    Could you also say that the evolutionary theiry is not falsifiable (can't be proved right or wrong) because our ancestors do not live nowadays so we can't realy compare the theory with them?
    Yeah, that's a good point, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahhhhh.
    that is all.
    Good luck all

ReputationRep:
    When you include A03 points about the methodology of the studies, could it be both positive and negative points about the research or must it only be negative?

both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akjhl)
    what else can i say for the breakdown of relationships other than duck's model?? we have only done one....and im so screwed if a 25 marker comes up on it!
    same here, that's why i think it's unlikely to come up as 25 marks. you must be using the same book as me and it's approved by AQA so they can't do a massive question on it when it the books there's only one model. unless, i was thinking, to change about economic theories of maintnance to explain what can be the reason of breakdown (inequity, etc)

ReputationRep:
    please have a look at my plan for neural and group displays and let me know if its enough. thanks.
    Attached Files
  2. File Type: doc group displays.doc (31.5 KB, 135 views)

ReputationRep:
    i am actually so ****ed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2012

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.