Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizolove)
    We didn't need to write the numbers on the front of the book, calm down.
    Know what you mean. Sat there for a minute thinking about my answer and just wrote it down. Sort of just described Bem's study and evaluated it, but came out of the exam and saw "Bem" wasn't on that page of the textbook. Nearly died of upset, then my friend showed me her notes from the teacher and they were there, thank god.
    Haha, thanks

I dunno which book you've got but Bem's all over my androgyny section with her androgynous society and whatnot, so I reckon we'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    i got a179 UMS last year. i assume i have roughly 48 after this exam. am i right in thinking i need 63 UMS in PSYA4 (which translates into 93 UMS) to get an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Cat Lady)
    Did anyone else feel reeeeally time pressured? I even have extra time but I struggled so much to fit anything more than vague explanations and a couple of criticisms in... WORRIED D:
    Yes! I panicked and just threw down as much as I could possibly remember, which means my answers were probably surface in places Had nowhere near enough time to write as much as I'd have liked.

Overall I didn't think it was too bad, though. I'm a little worried I didn't get in enough IDA, but I'm really impressed with everybody's predictions being correct. I decided to have a quick look at them this morning and paid special attention to the topics mentioned, which I think saved me from failing utterly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WastinTime)
    Haha, thanks

I dunno which book you've got but Bem's all over my androgyny section with her androgynous society and whatnot, so I reckon we'll be fine
    Hi im completely virgin to this site, this is my 1st comment so lemme know if I do something wrong.

I just did the PSYA3 AQA Paper and did the following topics:

- Relationships
    - Aggression
    - & Gender

The first two went swimmingly but Gender I completely F***ed up I think (the 1st part anyway).

It said to explain what CAUSES Androgyny as far as I remeber? And all I knew was what benefits etc Androgyny has from Bem 1974 using the BSRI etc and that they thought aschematically.

So what were we meant to put for the CAUSE of Androgyny?

Ty babes :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I hope you all failed so the grade boundaries are lower. Nothing personal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesshamzi)
    Hi im completely virgin to this site, this is my 1st comment so lemme know if I do something wrong.

- Relationships
    - Aggression
    - & Gender

The first two went swimmingly but Gender I completely F***ed up I think (the 1st part anyway).

It said to explain what CAUSES Androgyny as far as I remeber? And all I knew was what benefits etc Androgyny has from Bem 1974 using the BSRI etc and that they thought aschematically.

WHAT! did it really say causes of androgyny?

ReputationRep:
    I didnt like the intelligence ques what did everyone think of it?

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for the second part of eating behaviour (evolution of food preferences)?
    I think I totally messed it up!
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h soo worried for unit 4 now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safwaansh)
    i got a179 UMS last year. i assume i have roughly 48 after this exam. am i right in thinking i need 63 UMS in PSYA4 (which translates into 93 UMS) to get an A?
    you need 320 UMS altogether for an A
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by WastinTime)
    Haha, thanks

Thanks.
    I hate Psychology.
    Got my last exam on Tuesday, Psychology. ¬¬
    How are you trying to revise for it? Research methods is being horrible to me!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=pink.princess;32260419]What did people write for the second part of eating behaviour (evolution of food preferences)?
    I think I totally messed it up!
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h soo worried for unit 4 now![/

i wrote about why it is good in explaining preferences for salt, high calories etc, brought in food neophobia a little and changes to the digestive tract..then just evaluation like it being reductionist/deterministic etc

you could have written about taste-aversion learning/cooking/spices/embryo protection hypothesis/why we shifted to eating meat..... and probably other stuff but thats just off the top of my head, so if you wrote any of that and extras im sure youll be fine dont worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gchaggar75)
    I didnt like the intelligence ques what did everyone think of it?
    I thought it was really hard to evaluate well. What did you say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brogs13)
    how did you find the perception questiom?
    I struggled with the evaluation...
    but the outline i feel was ok..

yourself? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesshamzi)

- Relationships
    - Aggression
    - & Gender

If that's the case then I'm not sure. Might be in your textbook, theres's not a lot about causes in mine - just stuff about how great Bem reckons it is.

(Original post by lizolove)
    Thanks.
    I hate Psychology.
    Got my last exam on Tuesday, Psychology. ¬¬
    How are you trying to revise for it? Research methods is being horrible to me!
    I feel ya. Mainly the designing investigations bit I'm scared of.

What I do is I try and condense each topic into ~2 pages of bullet points then try and write loads of practice essays afterwards. Better work :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Sleep and Aggression questions were god sends! But gender... :/ faaaaail!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turnerf)
    I struggled with the evaluation...
    but the outline i feel was ok..

yourself? xx
    yeah i found the ao1 okay, but think i could have wrote abit more a03 xx

ReputationRep:
    i didn't follow a essay structure. will i lose a lot of
    marks for that?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

This is my first post!

Anyway I just signed up to say what a great exam it was! AQA are so predictable!

I did :
    Sleep
    Relationships
    Perception

ALSO, FOR ANYONE THAT DID SLEEP!!!
    My teacher e-mailed AQA before the exam about what is the nature of sleep and here is the response from the principal examiner:

The ‘nature’ of sleep was intended to refer to basic characteristics, such as the different stages and types of sleep. However it is clearly a broad term, so we would accept any aspect of sleep in answer to questions on ‘nature’ – this might include types and stages, but also functions and lifespan changes if they are applied correctly.

Hope this helps anyone worrying about it!

ReputationRep:
    any ideas as what might come up for schizophrenia and media for unit 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abnegation)
    Yes! I panicked and just threw down as much as I could possibly remember, which means my answers were probably surface in places Had nowhere near enough time to write as much as I'd have liked.

Overall I didn't think it was too bad, though. I'm a little worried I didn't get in enough IDA, but I'm really impressed with everybody's predictions being correct. I decided to have a quick look at them this morning and paid special attention to the topics mentioned, which I think saved me from failing utterly.
    Ahh glad I'm not the only one! I hope the grade boundaries are low...
    Unfortunately, I discovered this thread AFTER the exam Dx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.