Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Back by popular demand - SAM's Study Tips.

No 1 - Stop putting it off! The more time you give yourself to cover the work, the less panic when the exams come closer! Start now, and you've still got time...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Do you have any revision website for biology, one similar to khanacademy?

ReputationRep:
    Great tip , expect I get nervous still and my scalp psoriasis is really bad esp at exam time. Any for chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    Back by popular demand - SAM's Study Tips.

No 1 - Stop putting it off! The more time you give yourself to cover the work, the less panic when the exams come closer! Start now, and you've still got time...

Next tip please!

ReputationRep:
    Are you actually called SAM? Or is it just a made up name by some admin at the SQA?

ReputationRep:
    Oh god... 2 exclamation marks in one post... :sexface: I love it when Sam shouts at me... a little flustered now :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Study tips No 2: It's better to understand that to remember. (And never put exclamation marks on posts. It flusters Pedrobear and nobody wants that! Oops!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soup)
    Are you actually called SAM? Or is it just a made up name by some admin at the SQA?
    Of course I'm called SAM - though my friends call me something quite different.

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips No 3: Plan your work, but remember planning it doesn't mean you're doing it.

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips No 4: Going over work as soon as you learn it will reinforce it better than leaving it to revise at the last minute.

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study Tips No 5: You can never study too hard or too much - but you can study too long. Take a break - give your brain the chance to absorb what you've gone over, and recharge in preparation for taking on more info.

ReputationRep:
    Study tips No 6: Know how the exam works - review previous and sample papers. Previous tests prepare you for the next one.

(Patience Badumdumtcht)

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips No 7: RTQ. ATQ. (I've left the "F" out of these as I am a lady). Personally I found this to be the most useful advice I ever got.

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips No 8: Don't be late. Do be prepared - pen, check; pencil, check; calculator, check; lucky Yoda action figure, check...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysqa)
    SAM's Study tips No 7: RTQ. ATQ. (I've left the "F" out of these as I am a lady). Personally I found this to be the most useful advice I ever got.
    What does this mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren27)
    What does this mean?
    Read the question, answer the question.

ReputationRep:
    haha thanks

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips No 9: If you like to study to music, listen to something familiar - it'll put you in a more positive frame of mind. Also go for something that soothes the mind. Sigur Ros rather than Slipknot. I'd also avoid Katy Perry, but that's nothing to do with studying...

ReputationRep:
    good god. that time again. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    good god. that time again. :cry:
    Imagine how I feel! Actually I love it. Does that make me a bad person?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.