The Student Room Group

SAM's Study Tips

Back by popular demand - SAM's Study Tips.

No 1 - Stop putting it off! The more time you give yourself to cover the work, the less panic when the exams come closer! Start now, and you've still got time...

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks. Do you have any revision website for biology, one similar to khanacademy?
Reply 2
Great tip , expect I get nervous still and my scalp psoriasis is really bad esp at exam time. Any for chemistry?
Original post by mysqa
Back by popular demand - SAM's Study Tips.

No 1 - Stop putting it off! The more time you give yourself to cover the work, the less panic when the exams come closer! Start now, and you've still got time...

:smile:

Next tip please! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Are you actually called SAM? Or is it just a made up name by some admin at the SQA?
Reply 5
Oh god... 2 exclamation marks in one post... :sexface: I love it when Sam shouts at me... a little flustered now :colondollar: :coma:
Study tips No 2: It's better to understand that to remember. (And never put exclamation marks on posts. It flusters Pedrobear and nobody wants that! Oops!)
Original post by soup
Are you actually called SAM? Or is it just a made up name by some admin at the SQA?

Of course I'm called SAM - though my friends call me something quite different.
SAM's Study tips No 3: Plan your work, but remember planning it doesn't mean you're doing it.
SAM's Study tips No 4: Going over work as soon as you learn it will reinforce it better than leaving it to revise at the last minute.
SAM's Study Tips No 5: You can never study too hard or too much - but you can study too long. Take a break - give your brain the chance to absorb what you've gone over, and recharge in preparation for taking on more info.
Study tips No 6: Know how the exam works - review previous and sample papers. Previous tests prepare you for the next one.

(Patience Badumdumtcht)
SAM's Study tips No 7: RTQ. ATQ. (I've left the "F" out of these as I am a lady). Personally I found this to be the most useful advice I ever got.
SAM's Study tips No 8: Don't be late. Do be prepared - pen, check; pencil, check; calculator, check; lucky Yoda action figure, check...
Reply 14
Original post by mysqa
SAM's Study tips No 7: RTQ. ATQ. (I've left the "F" out of these as I am a lady). Personally I found this to be the most useful advice I ever got.

What does this mean?
Reply 15
Original post by Lauren27
What does this mean?

Read the question, answer the question.
Reply 16
haha thanks
SAM's Study tips No 9: If you like to study to music, listen to something familiar - it'll put you in a more positive frame of mind. Also go for something that soothes the mind. Sigur Ros rather than Slipknot. I'd also avoid Katy Perry, but that's nothing to do with studying...
good god. that time again. :cry:
Original post by spacepirate-James
good god. that time again. :cry:

Imagine how I feel! Actually I love it. Does that make me a bad person?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending