Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cracker23)
    just stop being ridiculous
    I hope --

I hope this is not directed at SAM...

I hope for your sake this is not directed at SAM...

Who in the HELL do you think you are, barging into this WONDERFUL thread and running your VULGAR mouth off at the GODDESS of Scotquals? Wtf have you ever done? Do you think just anyone can be SAM?

Do you think that in the SQA offices, some dude just walks past the thousands of employees, lines them up for a moment and says "yeah, you'll do" -- is that what you think, you jellyfish for brains peon?

Do you even REALISE the ENORMITY of being SAM? Do you UNDERSTAND, friend? It's not a role anyone can fill -- it's the highest of the high... listen. Listen. There is no SQA official more senior, more sagacious and sensual than SAM; her role is beyond your reach, to say nothing of your comprehension -- do you think you'll ever get promoted to that sort of level at your job? What would that be for a toilet cleaner anyway? "Head of mops"?

Try a little respect the next time you dip into an ocean of wisdom to test the waters.

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips 36: Which revision technique works for you? Check out: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/revision/

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips 37: Do not repeat the question, the examiner knows what it is. Just go straight into the answer - which could be one word.

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips 38: Celebrate your progress – reward yourself every now and again with a favourite treat, but only when you’ve earned it .

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips 39: Know what each exam syllabus is so that you can divide your revision up into small manageable sections.

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips 40: Decide which time of day you work best - morning, afternoon or evening?

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips 41: Where you study has a huge effect on the quality of revision: quiet places, good lighting, and no noise distractions.

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips 42: Relax before going to bed and get plenty of sleep. Don't go to bed too early so that you don't sleep.

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips 43: Take a watch or small clock to check time. BUT check any alarm sounds are off - invigilators won't see the funny side.

ReputationRep:
    Study tips 44: You may get a couple of minutes to read the instructions on the first page - make sure that you use these wisely.

ReputationRep:
    Not an Exam tip, more of a Life tip - make sure you register to get your results by text or email with MySQA! You'll feel so much better. And why not share the love around - tell all your friends too as well. So that you'll know they have their results when you phone to gloat.

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Study tips 45: Always check your work - you can make silly errors and not realise unless you check your answer.

ReputationRep:
    Study tips 47: Prepare items needed for the exam the evening before. Make sure you have the correct equipment (calculators, rulers, etc).

ReputationRep:
    What happened to 47?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by INeedToLoseWeight)
    What happened to 47?
    Do you mean 46? If so, I have no idea. I failed Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I was just checking somebody was paying attention.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've discovered what happened to 46 - I posted No 48 hours ago and where's it gone? so here it is again...

SAM's Exam tips 48: Quickly read the paper to get an idea of what questions are in it. THEN read each question carefully and thoroughly.

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Exam tip 49: Some exams need PENS, others should be completed in PENCIL. Make sure you know what you should be using before you go in.

ReputationRep:
    SAM's Exam tips 50: Do the questions you feel confident about first to build confidence - you may find yourself remembering more things.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as tomorrow is the last exam of the season - it's the big final between Sociology and Mechatronics - I'm not going to put up any more tips. Instead I'm going to start naggin gyou to register for MySQA - and to remember to activate your accounts! Every year thousands of you fail to do this, so don't get your results by text or email. So don't put it off, do it now!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.