Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've recently started trying wearing eyeliner on my top lids and i cannot get it right for the life of me! I want to use pencil eyeliner but find it hard to put it on, usually end up with it too far from my eyelashes and i find it hard to actually get it on, if that makes sense? The pencil seems to move without any marks. Please help lol

ReputationRep:
    I use l'oreal eyeliner and find it really good. if you're new to eyeliner you could try closing your eye and holding your eye lashes down (kinda helps you get closer to the lash line) and do it that way. make sure your pencils really sharp as well
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I would suggest watching some makeup tutorials on youtube (they really do help!)

As hanaalou suggested, holding your eye down by eyelashes makes it a lot easier to get closer to the lash line

ReputationRep:
    Sharpen your pencil or you'll get a smudgy sort of smokey thing that's not v discreet!

I also warm it up by writing a little on my hand first so it actually writes.

ReputationRep:
    Instead of using a pencil, might I suggest you try something like MAC's fluidline gel liner and a brush - I find this is so much easier than using pencil on the upper lids.

ReputationRep:
    I use the urban decay ink for eyes - I find the brush really helps put it on my upper eyelid really close to the lashes. Plus I can use it as eyeshadow It's the only thing I've really managed to do any kind of fancy eye liner things with, I heartily recommend

ReputationRep:
    Dont use pencil eyeliner at the top, you have to use more pressure, and it tugs on the eyelids, (well you can if youd like but Id suggest you don't).
    I use Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner (liquid) its much easier. Just glides on. You can apply it while your eye is open, or close your eyelidsort of pull it to the side so you look chinesey (no offence!). You can start of thin and thicken. I just glide it once, so its thin on the inner corner and thick on the outer. But, holding the brush at an angle, and using short flicks will allow you to experiment and give more precision.
    Theres also plenty of youtube videos on how to apply. Or try maybellines new gel liner, Im loving that at the mo

x

ReputationRep:
    Pen/liquid eyeliner is easier to apply and drags less

ReputationRep:
    I find that gently pulling the side of my eye with it closed (kinda like oriental eyes) makes it easier to apply. Practice makes perfect, a sharp tip and follow the line of ur eyelashes. Cheap eyeliners arent always ''soft'' enough so they dont show up properly and make it much harder to apply, i find loreal eyeliner is the best for price and application.

ReputationRep:
    OMG 100% use barrym liquid liner. I could never do it before, the brush is nice and short and fat and hard so it's easy to use

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.