Turn on thread page Beta

Hijab/ religous head scarfs - hot or not? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    It's not meant to look "hot", it's meant to be modest and prevent men from seeing them sexually.
    Well it definitely works, I am not a fan of Hijabs. For all I know, the girl could be balding or have third degree burns on the back of their noggin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddle Me This)
    I have never, ever seen a girl wearing one of those.
    not so much in this country but in hispanic cultures and malta, the phillipines, i think some chinese churches, maybe greece and other mediterraenean areas, italy, etc the mantilla is often worn.

also in nigeria catholic women almost always cover their head in church and to pray also

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-y26gfLkm5v...0/CIMG3368.JPG

also think of female catholic saints and Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe they all have covered heads all the time.

http://imgpe.trivago.com/uploadimage...5035211_l.jpeg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    not so much in this country but in hispanic cultures and malta, the phillipines, i think some chinese churches, maybe greece and other mediterraenean areas, italy, etc the mantilla is often worn.

also in nigeria catholic women almost always cover their head in church and to pray also

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-y26gfLkm5v...0/CIMG3368.JPG

also think of female catholic saints and Nuestra Señora de Guadalupe they all have covered heads all the time.
    That is African headress not catholic headress.

ReputationRep:
    get the ragheads out.

Edit: only the muslim ones btw, idk what it is i just dont like the way they wear those scarves on their heads, eurgh, cringe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riddle Me This)
    That is African headress not catholic headress.
    in church i see all the nigerian ladies with their head covered in that same shiny material (but not as big - more like a really wide headband hanging over the back of the head), and wearing dresses like in the picture, and they said that in nigeria they have to cover their head to pray or in church. so i thought that was the african version of the christian head covering

ReputationRep:
    (a) OP is jealous cos even though they cover up they look better than her

(b) she is trolling

(c) both of the above

ReputationRep:
    when you see a girl in a hijab (headscarf) or catholic head covering, or sikh turban do you think

- wow she is a religious girl with good morals, i should date her and maybe marry someone like her.

- omg she is muslim and religious, i shouldnt date her as she wont put out and will probably have strict parents and an arranged marriage

- it looks hot, i would like to de-hijab her and see her hair :sexface: (apparantly some famous rich dude preferred shgging muslim gals for this reason)

- uh oh, cultural difference, she is dumped into the friend zone. foreveaaaaa!!!
    Sikh women don't wear turbans :facepalm:

Troll

ReputationRep:
    All this being said. Theres a girl in my year who wears hijab. I would do her everywhereee.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, sometimes I think you're 12.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, honestly, it can do actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accesstohe)
    get the ragheads out.

Edit: only the muslim ones btw, idk what it is i just dont like the way they wear those scarves on their heads, eurgh, cringe.
    well that is the purpose

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. I'd love for there to be people in the world that get all hot and bothered over women wearing a Hijab. Would be quite funny, especially to see how Muslim clerics and whatnot deal with it. I mean, start wearing crash helmets? It would serve the same purpose, and get rid of the weird fetishists. Ahh.

Anyway, back to not being the oddest person in the thread :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I would like to say that I've seen a lot of Hijab wearing girls wear tons of make up and they actually look so alluring because of the make-up. For the ones that don't cake it on but wear it normally like any other girl does, then that's okay.

As for Sikh girls wearing the turban this is extremely rare to find. I'm from a Sikh background, it's even hard to find one when I casually visit the temple

ReputationRep:
    Disgusted personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)

Troll
    Sikh women can if they want, some do,

but these tend to be the baptised Sikhs, I've never seen one in public myself

ReputationRep:
    Don't mix Peace with your stupid Society and Culture.

Btw, for me, NEG rep=GOOD.

(Original post by *Dreaming*)
    It's not meant to look "hot", it's meant to be modest and prevent men from seeing them sexually.
    You can give meaning to anything, and the scarf is no exception. The common meaning given to it is modest, but there are people who would give meaning to it as "hot", or in fact would say "very sexy".

(Original post by Mujeriego)
    The whole point of wearing the headscarf is to avoid being reduced to a set of sexual organs. It is not a fetish. Can't you get back to being a size 6 Latina Christian model or whatever you do?
    It is surprisingly a fetish for some people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)

Troll
    what? i knew a lady called rashinder who wore one! i thought sikhs cant cut their hair

ReputationRep:
    what? i knew a lady called rashinder who wore one! i thought sikhs cant cut their hair
    Yeah, sorry. I wasn't aware that some sikh women do wear turbans

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_N12sxdwLe-...t+condemed.jpg

I knew sikh men couldnt cut their hair. I didnt realise women couldn't as well.

I still think you are a troll

ReputationRep:
    Being a slave to religion pretty much turns me off.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.