Turn on thread page Beta

GUYS: Would you be put off if a girl wasn't a virgin? watch

Anon or delete

I always said I wasn't going to have sex before I was at least engaged :rolleyes: Then I met this guy, we were together for over a year, and 6 months into our relationship I gave him my virginity. We've now broken up, he's been a b*****d and hurt me so much. I don't know if I regret having sex with him. The thing is, I'm scared that guys I meet in the future, like at uni this year and stuff, who I might want to be with will be put off if they know I'm not a virgin, I don't want them to judge me and I'm worried that even though they might like me they won't want to be with me because of it. Is this stupid? And would you be put off if a girl you liked had slept with someone else?

ReputationRep:
    In response to just the title : Only if I was

ReputationRep:
    This isn't the middle ages. Nowadays, it is very unrealistic to expect to find someone who's a virgin over a certain age. Everyone knows that. The one's who might want a virgin would probably be religious people, but why would you want to be with someone who would have a problem whether you're a virgin or not? These people that make these threads, including people who think that it puts people off if you ARE a virgin, obviously don't realize that in the real world no one cares. There is so much more to a relationship and to a person than whether they've had sex or not.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care how many sexual partners a woman has had. What matters to me is that she doesn't have any sexually transmitted diseases and that she is faithful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    completely agree! if i wasnt a virgin though, i dont think it would matter

ReputationRep:
    Nah, only a minority of girls my age are virgins...you stop expecting them to be the older you get.

It's no big deal to me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    No I won't you had a relationship going at 18 months it's not like you payed someone that would've been a little offputting but a lot of guys wouldn't mind a girl being in a previous relationship, your fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    This.

ReputationRep:
    It seems that guys who themselves are virgins, or generally insecure will be the ones who are 'put off'. You've had sex with one guy, and your what around 18-19? No-one's going to be put off by you being ****gish or whatever for just one guy.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be put off, considering I am a virgin :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    If a guy can't accept the facts of society today, in particular the fact that you have only had sex with one guy that you were in a long term relationship, there not worth consideration. Your hardly putting it out.

ReputationRep:
    haha dont worry hun, gals with only 3-5 partners are the new virgins. most guys freak out if they find they are dating a virgin, they think you will be heavily into marriage asap, babies, have a low drive or were abused as a child. so they wont date you. im a size 6 latina model and 25 and virgin waiting for marriage, this is my experiecne. dudes are fools.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Are you joking?

Maybe if they're, like, 15.

ReputationRep:
    No way, it's actually more fun if the girl has some experience and knows exactly what arouses her.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have more issue if a girl WAS a virgin. Sex is probably gonna be rubbish, and the probablity of her turning into a mentalist is vastly increased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Dreaming*)
    These people that make these threads, including people who think that it puts people off if you ARE a virgin, obviously don't realize that in the real world no one cares.
    I've heard plenty of women say that they don't like the thought of being with a man who is a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    thats not a bad thing at all most guys wouldn't care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smartie77)
    I've plenty of women say that they don't like the thought of being with a man who is a virgin.
    They say that, but the reality is if they really liked a guy then they wouldn't care. Those women probably mean they'd prefer a man who wasn't a virgin for just 1 hot night of sex, as let's face it in that situation someone with experience would be preferable. But for a relationship it doesn't matter- you can teach them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete

I always said I wasn't going to have sex before I was at least engaged :rolleyes: Then I met this guy, we were together for over a year, and 6 months into our relationship I gave him my virginity. We've now broken up, he's been a b*****d and hurt me so much. I don't know if I regret having sex with him. The thing is, I'm scared that guys I meet in the future, like at uni this year and stuff, who I might want to be with will be put off if they know I'm not a virgin, I don't want them to judge me and I'm worried that even though they might like me they won't want to be with me because of it. Is this stupid? And would you be put off if a girl you liked had slept with someone else?
    In the modern world: you're fine

If you're a 'Muslim'/'other religion stuck in the dark ages' however: you're ****ed (insert cheesy 'literally' joke here)

ReputationRep:
    Any potential girlfriend is allowed to have had a life before me, yeah.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.