Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GUYS: Would you be put off if a girl wasn't a virgin? watch

ReputationRep:
    I lost my virginity and my girlfriend had already had sex with someone else. Honestly, it didn't even bother me. Hell it was better, one of us knew what they were doing ><

I think its ridiculous, and incredibly naive, to expect people to have an issue with the fact you're not a virgin. It is the 21st century.

ReputationRep:
    No, I prefer non virgins, although obviously not a ****. If someone has had a few steady relationships it shows they are a more all round person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anon or delete

I always said I wasn't going to have sex before I was at least engaged :rolleyes: Then I met this guy, we were together for over a year, and 6 months into our relationship I gave him my virginity. We've now broken up, he's been a b*****d and hurt me so much. I don't know if I regret having sex with him. The thing is, I'm scared that guys I meet in the future, like at uni this year and stuff, who I might want to be with will be put off if they know I'm not a virgin, I don't want them to judge me and I'm worried that even though they might like me they won't want to be with me because of it. Is this stupid? And would you be put off if a girl you liked had slept with someone else?
    Everyone around me constantly want to "offer me their virginity." I don't know what they mean, so I just ask for lettuce, tomato, and onions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    haha dont worry hun, gals with only 3-5 partners are the new virgins. most guys freak out if they find they are dating a virgin, they think you will be heavily into marriage asap, babies, have a low drive or were abused as a child. so they wont date you. im a size 6 latina model and 25 and virgin waiting for marriage, this is my experiecne. dudes are fools.
    Actually some of us find a girl who doesn't sleep around with casual partners but rather has only had sex with 0/1/2 longterm partners a turn on. I'd rather have a girl like me with a good head on her shoulders than a club girl with 20 one night stands racked up behind her.

Although if someone says they're waiting for marriage I would run lol but thats the same reaction as if we were having sex and you said the word marriage :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    haha dont worry hun, gals with only 3-5 partners are the new virgins. most guys freak out if they find they are dating a virgin, they think you will be heavily into marriage asap, babies, have a low drive or were abused as a child. so they wont date you. im a size 6 latina model and 25 and virgin waiting for marriage, this is my experiecne. dudes are fools.
    lol, although I like you as a poster, im going to have to disagree, here.

I'd probably respect her more maybe?

BTW, shiny toy, you always state your a latina model....umm, surely you woudn't have any prblem with posting a photo to prove this?

No offense, I believd you initially, but because you say it in practically every post, I think you need to start backing up these claims...

*awaits negative reponse from shiny toy, with NO photo* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm scared that guys I meet in the future, like at uni this year and stuff, who I might want to be with will be put off if they know I'm not a virgin
    This is a joke right? I'd be more put off if you still had your V plates..

dudes are fools
    Orrrrr.. maybe dudes don't want to be mixing intimacy with that level of 'tenderness' :eek:, treading on emotional egg shells, or sore/totally numb down there for several days thereafter! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so- as said, over a certain age it is expected. It isn't as if you gave it to the first person who came along either, in fact, they would probably be more worried if you had been for ages with someone and hadn't had sex with them. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insoms)
    In the modern world: you're fine

If you're a 'Muslim'/'other religion stuck in the dark ages' however: you're ****ed (insert cheesy 'literally' joke here)
    Why is having a womn that has shagged half the blokes in town, considered modern?

why is a woman that waits until marriage, considered "stuck in the old age"?

I find that extremly bigoted AND sexist.

A girl that's been sleeping around isn't automatically more modern!

And wtf has Msulim got to do with anything?

You are aware that Christians don't believe in sex before marriage either? Is Christianity also stuck in the dark ages? Or are you just trying to single out religons that asians follow? :rolleyes:

I suppose that chav down the road with 8 babies, must be the epitome of a modern society to you, right?

lol

You are saying that people who care so much about ones sexual past, are stuck in the past, when in reality, it is YOU who is placing so much importance on ones sexual history, by assuming that one is stuck in time if they are still virgins...

People are people, if they want to/don't want to have sex, doesn't give me some overwhelming insight as to who/how they are as a human being...

There are more thinges to life than sex, wake up you silly caveman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    This is a joke right? I'd be a lot more put off if you still had your V plates..

Orrrrr.. maybe dudes don't want to be mixing intimacy with that level of 'tenderness' :eek:, treading on emotional egg shells, or sore/totally numb down there for several days thereafter! :rolleyes:

If you like someone, what does it matter if they are virgins or non-virgins?

You'd be put off by a girl you really like, because she hasn't met anyone that she feels strongly about? Yet, you'd magically have more respect for her if she got really drunk one night and had a ONS with a randomer? -_-

I need to get off TSR, im too old for this site, everyone sounds like their 15...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freakingout!)
    If you like someone, what does it matter if they are virgins or non-virgins?
    I've been with two girls for whom it was their first time.. it has practical as well as emotional implications that one would really rather avoid if possible. Of course ultimately if the girl is really right for you it matters very little in the grand scheme of things however - and it's nothing to do with her suitability as a person, nor is it about respecting a virgin any more/less than a non-virgin, perhaps I should have made that more clear in my response..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I've been with two girls for whom it was their first time.. it has practical as well as emotional implications that one would really rather avoid if possible. Of course ultimately if the girl is really right for you it matters very little in the grand scheme of things however - and it's nothing to do with her suitability as a person, nor is it about respecting a virgin any more/less than a non-virgin, perhaps I should have made that more clear in my response..
    I'm glad you agree...

But im sure you can see that stating that finding out a girl is a virigin, "would put you off" is a bit silly and immature...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you can see that stating that finding out a girl is a virigin, "would put you off" is a bit silly and immature...
    I said I'd be more put off were that the case, not that I'd necessarily be put off completely :rolleyes: and it has nowt to do with immaturity, quite the reverse in-fact. It is important to carefully consider the implications of your actions where sex is involved, particularly with young/inexperienced partners

ReputationRep:
    lol, although I like you as a poster, im going to have to disagree, here.

I'd probably respect her more maybe?

BTW, shiny toy, you always state your a latina model....umm, surely you woudn't have any prblem with posting a photo to prove this?

No offense, I believd you initially, but because you say it in practically every post, I think you need to start backing up these claims...

*awaits negative reponse from shiny toy, with NO photo* :rolleyes:
    theres no way im posting pics of myself on TSR:
    - i have already had to ban and block posters who become obsessed with me and stalk me on TSR. i also had to create a new profile a few years back for the same stalking/harrassment. do not underestimate the large number of 30-40+ year old men that lurk pervily on TSR and do not even study. i would advise all posters NOT to post pics on here for this reason.
    - what would i gain from posting pics of myself? a few 12 year olds writing 'wow hot', a tonne of PMs from creepy perves, and a bunch of people stalking my posts, googling me, stealing my pics to use on fake dating website profiles...... no thanks.
    - TSR is anonymous. no-one i know will be able to know me. most people i know from real life have no idea that i am either a)catholic b)a 25 year old virgin c)am obsessed with my 40 y/o ex. if i wanted to de-anon myself i would use facebook and not TSR.
    - the reason i keep mentioning this is because almost all guys and all girls assume that all good looking people are devoid of morals, stuck-up, always have a boyfriend and that all virgins are antisocial, overweight/unattractive and that all religious people are nerdy looking. this stereotype is totally untrue. i am nerdy (hence why on TSR) and was badly bullied at school, had few friends and studied loads. everyone made fun of me. now ten years later i have a top job in a top financial firm, graduated at the top of my year in law, have been signed by two modelling agencies meanwhile all the kids that made fun of me are now in jail, pregnant or single moms, on the dole or working in asda. so yeah heads up to kids in high school who hate their life and get made fun of. your time will come.
    bullies are morons :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Yuh. My ex was a virgin and it was just so awkward.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more put off if a girl my age (18) was still a virgin, since while it could be completely about morals or not finding anyone they want to lose it with, it could also mean there's some big trait to her that puts guys off. Still, it would only make a tiny difference.
    Ask again in a few years, then my 2nd point will probably be a lot more relavent.

Why would I care if she was a virgin or not? I prefer she wasn't as I don't want the nightmare of dealing with a fresh n00b in the sexual world....

ReputationRep:
    What kind of person would see this as an issue? Bizzare :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I am scared ****-less of virgins. They tend to be insecure, don't know what they do, and it takes forever (which is only natural since they didn't do it before).
    The idea that virginity is so important only comes from religion and old princess and prince fairy tales, enhanced by media.

I much prefer girls with experience.
    So my vote goes to Yay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    In response to just the title : Only if I was
    Yup yup

Online people will say no but in reality some guys are hypocrites and even if they saw you talking to a guy they will brand you a skank. :mad:
    Not my words it's what I've seen they like a girl when they think she's still a virgin and pure and never been touched and once they find out even if you are a virgin and talk to a guy they will think you're a ****. :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.