Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

GUYS: Would you be put off if a girl wasn't a virgin? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    I'd have more issue if a girl WAS a virgin. Sex is probably gonna be rubbish, and the probablity of her turning into a mentalist is vastly increased
    This so so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Online people will say no but in reality some guys are hypocrites and even if they saw you talking to a guy they will brand you a skank. :mad:
    Not my words it's what I've seen they like a girl when they think she's still a virgin and pure and never been touched and once they find out even if you are a virgin and talk to a guy they will think you're a ****. :rolleyes:
    I wouldn't want to make a blanket generalisation, but in my experience, this really isn't true; if anything, it's the opposite. I think people tend to assume that you aren't a virgin once you reach a certain age. As a lot of the responses in this thread have shown, someone having had sex with someone before is seen as the norm so the majority of people wouldn't really be put off by it.

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete

I always said I wasn't going to have sex before I was at least engaged :rolleyes: Then I met this guy, we were together for over a year, and 6 months into our relationship I gave him my virginity. We've now broken up, he's been a b*****d and hurt me so much. I don't know if I regret having sex with him. The thing is, I'm scared that guys I meet in the future, like at uni this year and stuff, who I might want to be with will be put off if they know I'm not a virgin, I don't want them to judge me and I'm worried that even though they might like me they won't want to be with me because of it. Is this stupid? And would you be put off if a girl you liked had slept with someone else?
    Just a few facts regarding sexual activity in the US;

• Although only 13% of teens have ever had vaginal sex by age 15, sexual activity is common by the late teen years. By their 19th birthday, seven in 10 teens of both sexes have had intercourse.

• On average, young people have sex for the first time at about age 17, but they do not marry until their mid-20s.

• In 2006–2008, the most common reason that sexually inexperienced teens gave for not having had sex was that it was “against religion or morals” (42% among females and 35% among males). The second and third most common reasons for females were “don’t want to get pregnant” and “haven’t found the right person yet.”

• Among sexually experienced teens, 72% of females and 56% of males report that their first sexual experience was with a steady partner, while 14% of females and 25% of males report a first sexual experience with someone whom they had just met or who was just a friend.

• Three percent of males and 8% of females aged 18–19 in 2002 reported their sexual orientation as homosexual or bisexual; the proportions reporting same-sex behaviors were similar.

Reference: http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/FB-ATSRH.html#1a

If you take the above studies as fact then there are only 30% virgins left by age 19. Of those ~4% are gay and ~1% are asexual so if you’re willing to wait for marriage in reality only about 25% of the available sexual partners are virgin. If you’re not willing to wait on marriage only ~14.5% are virgins. And I might add this is only by age 19.

Although I haven’t seen any studies on the decline of virginity between the ages of 19 and 25, I suspect that it would be significant.

So OP, there are some of the reasons that men can’t be bothered too much with your previous sexual encounters.

Best wishes,

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

But girls will be put off if I was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freakingout!)
    Why is having a womn that has shagged half the blokes in town, considered modern?

why is a woman that waits until marriage, considered "stuck in the old age"?

I find that extremly bigoted AND sexist.

A girl that's been sleeping around isn't automatically more modern!

And wtf has Msulim got to do with anything?

You are aware that Christians don't believe in sex before marriage either? Is Christianity also stuck in the dark ages? Or are you just trying to single out religons that asians follow? :rolleyes:

I suppose that chav down the road with 8 babies, must be the epitome of a modern society to you, right?

lol

You are saying that people who care so much about ones sexual past, are stuck in the past, when in reality, it is YOU who is placing so much importance on ones sexual history, by assuming that one is stuck in time if they are still virgins...

People are people, if they want to/don't want to have sex, doesn't give me some overwhelming insight as to who/how they are as a human being...

There are more thinges to life than sex, wake up you silly caveman
    Wake up you silly caveman?? I'm a very traditional person. The chav with 8 kids down the street or a girl thats slept around is the last thing I want.

However, unlike you I am at least grounded in reality. Chances are, not every girl you date will be a precious little innocent snowflake thats never flirted or had sex before. Get used to it. It's a fact of life.

Someone isn't stuck in time if they're a virgin, I'm merely pointing out there aren't many around once you get past a certain age.

As for Islam being stuck in the past, and Christianity not, yes that is true. Christians at least don't stick their noses into other peoples lives and dictate what they do, Christians aren't supposed to have sex before marriage or say things like 'goddamn' but because they'veintegrated into modern society most of them do.

Islam on the otherhand, yes that is stuck in the past, back in the middle ages. You can't even name a teddy bear Mohammed or draw a picture of him, and girls MUST remain virgins or, like the poor OP, they get cast out. THAT is being stuck in the past.

ReputationRep:
    I would be more put off if she was a virgin then your under pressure!

Anon or delete

I always said I wasn't going to have sex before I was at least engaged :rolleyes: Then I met this guy, we were together for over a year, and 6 months into our relationship I gave him my virginity. We've now broken up, he's been a b*****d and hurt me so much. I don't know if I regret having sex with him. The thing is, I'm scared that guys I meet in the future, like at uni this year and stuff, who I might want to be with will be put off if they know I'm not a virgin, I don't want them to judge me and I'm worried that even though they might like me they won't want to be with me because of it. Is this stupid? And would you be put off if a girl you liked had slept with someone else?
    From my experience all that happens are guys think they have a right to sleep with you sooner as it's "not such a big deal".
    I lost my virginity after 6months into a two year relationship, same thing-guy was a b*****d But since then I have had one one night stand (a rebound thing)... which I think would put guys of a relationship (unless all they were after was sex) the fact you had sex in a long term relationship I don't think would bug anyone unless they were crazy religious or a virgin themselves...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.