getting 'living away' maintenance loan, despite living at home? Watch

sarahbarker
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Is this possible? I mean, the amount of people who move out then move back must be quite high and from what I can remember last year nothing from student finance was passed onto my student accommodation so how do they know? I know it's probably frowned upon, but at the end of the day it shall be me who's paying it back so does it really matter?
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes it does matter. It is called fraud. You may well "get away with it". Most people have a moral code and a conscience that would prevent them cheating tax payers like that. Some don't.
A-K-J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Its a loan and your going to be paying it back so i dont think it really matters.
hypocriticaljap
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As I said. Some people have no moral code.
Anyway it would be easy to check on. No funds released until uni acknowledge you have moved into digs is one.
Last edited by hypocriticaljap; 7 years ago
alibee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hypocriticaljap)
As I said. Some people have no moral code.
Anyway it would be easy to check on. No funds released until uni acknowledge you have moved into digs is one.
No argument about it being fraud and I think it's a ridiculous idea.... However, your uni doesn't tell the SLC where you're living. They confirm you're registered but there's no need to live in halls. You can live in your own private accommodation and as long as it's not with your parents, you're entitled to the larger amount.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (104)
95.41%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (5)
4.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise