Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is this possible? I mean, the amount of people who move out then move back must be quite high and from what I can remember last year nothing from student finance was passed onto my student accommodation so how do they know? I know it's probably frowned upon, but at the end of the day it shall be me who's paying it back so does it really matter?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it does matter. It is called fraud. You may well "get away with it". Most people have a moral code and a conscience that would prevent them cheating tax payers like that. Some don't.

ReputationRep:
    Its a loan and your going to be paying it back so i dont think it really matters.

ReputationRep:
    As I said. Some people have no moral code.
    Anyway it would be easy to check on. No funds released until uni acknowledge you have moved into digs is one.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    As I said. Some people have no moral code.
    Anyway it would be easy to check on. No funds released until uni acknowledge you have moved into digs is one.
    No argument about it being fraud and I think it's a ridiculous idea.... However, your uni doesn't tell the SLC where you're living. They confirm you're registered but there's no need to live in halls. You can live in your own private accommodation and as long as it's not with your parents, you're entitled to the larger amount.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.