Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am having problems with a purchase I made using Steam. I haven't ever bought from them before, so before I went ahead and made my large purchase I went through a few of the purchasing steps with just one game in my cart - then stopped the purchase. I realise now that that was a mistake as it appears Steam can't really handle that. Because after that, when I tried to make my real purchase, it came up with this error: "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance."

I tried with loads of different payment methods - and even opened a new "Click and Buy" account to try and pay that way, but the same thing happened. I searched for help on the Steam forums and one suggested solution was to create a new account and gift the games to your old one. So I did that, using "Click and Buy", and the purchase appeared to have worked! But I received this message: “Your purchase is pending and will be reviewed shortly. You will be notified when it is completed.”

However, I have a receipt for my purchase and a confirmation number. But they said that this would be emailed to me shortly and I still haven't received it. And no money has been taken from my account.

So my questions are:

1) Is this a problem with Steam?
    2) Or did I do something wrong with "Click and Buy"? I've never used it before. I followed the steps that they took me through - but then when I was searching for help, people were saying stuff like you have to deposit money in the account before you buy things?? However in the Click and Buy help centre they say that you don't necessarily have to do that. I realise now using it was a mistake, but I'd be so grateful for any help.

Thanks!

Edit: I forgot to say that the status of my gift comes up as "Pending" in Steam - and in Click and Buy it says that I have made no transactions at all...

ReputationRep:
    Contact steam directly, but sometimes it can take a while for transactions to be processed, by both steam and your bank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Contact steam directly, but sometimes it can take a while for transactions to be processed, by both steam and your bank.
    Thanks - I was just wishing to make sure that I don't need to do anything more to make the purchase go through (like depositing money in the "Click and Buy" account). I made the purchase about 11.30pm last night. How long does it usually take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derp)
    Thanks - I was just wishing to make sure that I don't need to do anything more to make the purchase go through (like depositing money in the "Click and Buy" account). I made the purchase about 11.30pm last night. How long does it usually take?
    Normally only takes at most an hour or two. I'd just ring them now, tbh, that waiting time is too long, and though everything points to your purchase not going through for whatever reason it's best to ring them to make sure it's not a problem on their end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Normally only takes at most an hour or two. I'd just ring them now, tbh, that waiting time is too long, and though everything points to your purchase not going through for whatever reason it's best to ring them to make sure it's not a problem on their end.
    Panic over! Just received my games, phew. I think it's because my Click and Buy account is new and they needed to check it or something. Thanks a lot for your help!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.