Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lets say a uni rejects someone and later decides to give them an offer, would it change on track and you'd receive the usual track update email?

ReputationRep:
    via ucas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garlicbreadman)
    Lets say a uni rejects someone and later decides to give them an offer, would it change on track and you'd receive the usual track update email?
    Yes it would. But its highly unlikely once the uni rejects you, they'll give you an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieGhoul)
    Yes it would. But its highly unlikely once the uni rejects you, they'll give you an offer
    Thanks. I know its unlikely but hey u never know. I am not being naive just trying to stay hopeful. CBA explaining the situation, but u answered my Q so thanks!

ReputationRep:
    bump.

can anyone back cookie up?

ReputationRep:
    bump.

Unis can change their mind, but are unlikely to, and any change would show up on UCAS Track.

ReputationRep:
    bump.

My friend got rejected a few weeks ago, and then a few days ago she got an email explaining that they would actually like to have her... so it does happen! After that I'm assuming it must've changed on track as well....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova92)
    My friend got rejected a few weeks ago, and then a few days ago she got an email explaining that they would actually like to have her... so it does happen! After that I'm assuming it must've changed on track as well....
    Hmmm...thanks! I am just wondering if I should still continue checking track or if I will get a notification via email cos my thinking behind this is if they have already made a decision and they r just changing it, then i may not get an email but I guess a decision change does count as something changing :confused:

ReputationRep:
    My friend got rejected by LSE when he applied last year in the December, then they changed their minds and he was offered a place in march.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashapt)
    My friend got rejected by LSE when he applied last year in the December, then they changed their minds and he was offered a place in march.
    thanks for this!! Glad to hear this.
    Although I did apply for medicine which is sooooo competitive. Need to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    thanks for this!! Glad to hear this.
    Although I did apply for medicine which is sooooo competitive. Need to wait and see
    He applied for economics there so equally as competitive Out of curiosity, why do you think the University may change its decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashapt)
    He applied for economics there so equally as competitive Out of curiosity, why do you think the University may change its decision?
    Basically my headmaster has written to the unis. I know many many will say no point, but nothing 2 lose. CBA explaining it all. kinda complicated

ReputationRep:
    Basically my headmaster has written to the unis. I know many many will say no point, but nothing 2 lose. CBA explaining it all. kinda complicated
    They can change a decision, and this would generate a 'your Track has updated' email when it gets through to UCAS. But it is unlikely, though not impossible.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.