Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If I have as a material/apparatus the anagrams.

Say I described what the anagrams are in the material/apparatus sections (i.e; there are three levels of the anagrams, easy, .....etc).

Now, if I want to mention what should the participant do in order to asnwer the questions and what type of feedback the participant will receive, should I do that in the procedure section? And, should my description above even go in the procedure section?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    If I am reading correctly, then yes that should go in the Procedure section: the instructions given to participants and the way they were given, feedback etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liv1204)
    If I am reading correctly, then yes that should go in the Procedure section: the instructions given to participants and the way they were given, feedback etc etc.
    Thanks a lot.

What else do you think should go in the procedure if you have any other thougts?

ReputationRep:
    Your procedure should make the experiment replicable by anyone.
    Try reading some published psychology journal papers. They'll give you a good idea of how to format a paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SWEngineer)
    Thanks a lot.

What else do you think should go in the procedure if you have any other thougts?
    It depends on the type of study, but things like:

How participants completed the study (e.g. paper questionnaire vs online, did they complete it alone or in groups), how long did it take, what were they told regarding the study.

The procedure during the actual experiment i.e. what they actually had to do (but without repeating the information from your Materials section)

What happened following the experiment - i.e. debriefing, 'Participants were informed that...' etc.

You might include some of the ethics information (informed consent/debriefing etc) in the Procedure section too (e.g. 'Once informed consent had been obtained...) but I guess that depends if you have a separate section for that.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.