This discussion is closed.
kissmequick
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Just out of curiosity I was thinking about the fact that wine is supposed to represent the blood of christ and bread the body (correct me if I'm wrong) but in those days is wasn't distilled is was just crushed grapes, so isn't is wrong to turn it into something that gets you hammered are we not supposed to inflict harm on our own bodies or alter the state of awareness. SO technically have we sinned by making the blood of christ into something that gets you hammered and makes you do bad things (potentially) and is it not even worse to drink the stuff in a church???

Just a theory
Trousers
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kissmequick)
Just out of curiosity I was thinking about the fact that wine is supposed to represent the blood of christ and bread the body (correct me if I'm wrong) but in those days is wasn't distilled is was just crushed grapes, so isn't is wrong to turn it into something that gets you hammered are we not supposed to inflict harm on our own bodies or alter the state of awareness. SO technically have we sinned by making the blood of christ into something that gets you hammered and makes you do bad things (potentially) and is it not even worse to drink the stuff in a church???

Just a theory
A glass or two of red wine per day is supposed to be good for you. It's only a bad idea if you over-indulge.

Having said that, I think it's been changed over the years to make going to church more bearable!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
kissmequick - mr barbie guy! hey!

U HAVE A POINT, but hey, the whole of the world is confusin. nothin makes sense if u look at it in that way
kissmequick
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trousers)
A glass or two of red wine per day is supposed to be good for you. It's only a bad idea if you over-indulge.

Having said that, I think it's been changed over the years to make going to church more bearable!
Lol I'll remember that excuse when I next get the urge for a drinking binge but I mean personally I'm not religous but is it right for them to do that make something that alters your brain and in some events do really bad things represent their god.

It's kind of like saying oh heroin is allah man
kissmequick
Rep:
?
(Original post by lumpycustard)
kissmequick - mr barbie guy! hey!

U HAVE A POINT, but hey, the whole of the world is confusin. nothin makes sense if u look at it in that way
True but I'm just saying and I'm not mr barbie guy lol I'm the artist formally known as ken
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
True but I'm just saying and I'm not mr barbie guy lol I'm the artist formally known as ken
BARBIE GUY BARBIE GUY!

hehehehe

gota go now 4 a bit laters xxx
kissmequick
Rep:
?
BARBIE GUY BARBIE GUY!

hehehehe

Lol okies take care Malibu Barbie, cya soon xx
The_Barman
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
BARBIE GUY BARBIE GUY!

hehehehe

bye x
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey we're all sinners... i think a glass more wine than you should have is the least of everyones worries
kissmequick
Rep:
?
(Original post by rednirt)
hey we're all sinners... i think a glass more wine than you should have is the least of everyones worries
I know I'm not saying that I'm just saying it it right to reperesent your god with something which gets you pissed and potentially do bad things
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I know I'm not saying that I'm just saying it it right to reperesent your god with something which gets you pissed and potentially do bad things
technically yes. Most if not all of the old religions etc in europe and south america, used drugs and alcohol as part of their rituals. Its only midle eastern cultures (islam, buddhism) which were more strict in their worhsipping manners
kissmequick
Rep:
?
(Original post by rednirt)
technically yes. Most if not all of the old religions etc in europe and south america, used drugs and alcohol as part of their rituals. Its only midle eastern cultures (islam, buddhism) which were more strict in their worhsipping manners
yeah fair enough but we've turnt it into that which is the problem wine used to just be crushed grapes nothing more nothing less (when jesus was around)
So why do we have wine and not just the grape juice
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Just a theory
this has to win an award for stupidest thread.
kissmequick
Rep:
?
(Original post by corey)
\
Why thank you, I've heard worse but a trophy can't hurt, care to say why corey?
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if u lookin at it like that, eveyrones a sinner. form the moment u wake til the moment u sleep.

u get on a bus and the driver is rude "f off"

u decide not to have lunch with ur mate so u can see another mate "soryr but im held up"

go home kids ask can i watch tv "no itl make ur eyes square

blahblah blah
El_Borish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by corey)
how many times have you said that now?

in fact, do you EVER post anything worthwhile? or just criticise other peoples threads, while doing nothing to rememdy the situation.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
\
Why thank you, I've heard worse but a trophy can't hurt, care to say why corey?
religious rituals....don't drink much....symbollic....nothing says you can't drink alchol....so stupid....
kissmequick
Rep:
?
if u lookin at it like that, eveyrones a sinner. form the moment u wake til the moment u sleep.

u get on a bus and the driver is rude "f off"

u decide not to have lunch with ur mate so u can see another mate "soryr but im held up"

go home kids ask can i watch tv "no itl make ur eyes square

blahblah blah
LOL very true, wow I'm impressed barbie makes sense, buy barbie today for only 5.95 two brain cells inclusive batteries required lol nah only playing
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
LOL very true, wow I'm impressed barbie makes sense, buy barbie today for only 5.95 two brain cells inclusive batteries required lol nah only playing
well i am just insulted! *stomps off and slams the door*

kissmequick
Rep:
?
(Original post by corey)
religious rituals....don't drink much....symbollic....nothing says you can't drink alchol....so stupid....
I'll be honest I'm not too sure hence I did say correct me if I'm wrong I'll be honest I'm not religous im pretty much agnostic. But are you sure it doesn't say anything about not doing things that harm the body or alter state of consciousness
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (238)
61.82%
Yes- I don't like it (18)
4.68%
No- I want it (104)
27.01%
No- I don't want it (25)
6.49%

Watched Threads