The Student Room Group

Will My Degree be Worth Anything......

..in Australia? After completing a degree in economics from Manchester I plan to move there.

Will it be worth less there than it is here? reasons?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by accesstohe
..in Australia? After completing a degree in economics from Manchester I plan to move there.

Will it be worth less there then it is here? reasons?

Manchester is extremely well renowned in the UK so I would certainly assume that companies in Australia will know exactly how credible your degree will be, even if it is after a little research.

I wouldn't worry.
Reply 2
I think it's Australia where you have a 'points' system and they only let you move there if you are skilled.

So gotta ask them really :p:
Reply 3
It's actually easier to emigrate to Australia if you're a hairdresser :wink:

Not a word of a lie, either, my family tried to move there but they wouldn't let us. Their immigration controls are really strict :O But they have a shortage of hairdressers and four other occupations that I can't remember. I think one was nurse.
Reply 4
Original post by Ice_Queen
I think it's Australia where you have a 'points' system and they only let you move there if you are skilled.

So gotta ask them really :p:

ye kinda forgot to mention that im australian (got citizenship when i lived out there as a kid for 7 years with my parents) lol but ye they got in on the points system.
Reply 5
im not asking how to become an australian citizen, that problem was solved a long time ago (thank god because its my ticket out of ****ty england) lol
as long as its a prestigous uni (which manc is) and you have a good, solid degree at 2:1 or above....you're sorted
Reply 7
Original post by infernalcradle
as long as its a prestigous uni (which manc is) and you have a good, solid degree at 2:1 or above....you're sorted

Cheers, will just have to ensure I get a 2.1 or above!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending