Turn on thread page Beta

Right TSR, can we stop this once and for all. watch

ReputationRep:
    Inspired by the vast amount of "what size is best/what do people find attractive/are my boobs too small/am I fat/does race matter?" threads we seem to have at the moment. People are different. Different people like different things. So you're never going to get a unanimous answer. There will be someone who finds you attractive.

Secondly, you can't change who you are, you can't wake up and have different boobs, a new nose, or change your skin colour. Being miserable about it is only going to affect one person - you. The thing that is found to be universally attractive is confidence! So start loving yourself. Dress to flatter your figure. Make the most of what you have. Stop concentrating on the negatives and look at the posetives, because really, what is the point in sulking about it? Just be happy with what you have and flatter your good points. Body confidence isn't that difficult to find.

And thirdly, who really cares what anyone else thinks? Do what you want for you, not because you think some random guy will like it or it will attract women. People are a lot more attracted to confident individuals who are themselves. Just accept and love yourself, and others will accept and love you too.

So can we please end all these threads about what is attractive and what isn't, because clearly, everyone will give different answers!

ReputationRep:
    I think you're fighting a losing battle here Ali :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Go, run to the weight loss challenge sexy beach body thread and tell them all to stop!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you have created a thread complaining about the size of your boobs and how its hard to get bras and stuff so wouldn't that make you a hypocrite

Also it's not gonna stop people doing them so you might as well just ignore those threads if that dont like them

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe this is coming from a women. Don't you spend 99% of your time complaining how your boobs are too small/large, your dress size too small/large?

As for attraction, you must admit there are certain characteristics that make people attractive to the majority. Obese people may be attractive to some but they most certainly aren't to the majority of people. Doesn't everyone want to feel attractive and look their best?

When someone makes a thread regarding their weight what they are actually asking is: "Am I in the correct weight range for the majority of people to find me attractive?".

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree. I'm utterly fed up with all these insecure threads about such trivialities.

I'm just going to stop reading them, but can people just please stop posting such mundane threads which have been done over and over and over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wqliu90)
    Go, run to the weight loss challenge sexy beach body thread and tell them all to stop!
    Well no because at least they are being productive!
    Not just sitting there seeking reassurance and wringing their hands when someone says they don't like bigger girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Inspired by the vast amount of "what size is best/what do people find attractive/are my boobs too small/am I fat/does race matter?" threads we seem to have at the moment. People are different. Different people like different things. So you're never going to get a unanimous answer. There will be someone who finds you attractive.

Secondly, you can't change who you are, you can't wake up and have different boobs, a new nose, or change your skin colour. Being miserable about it is only going to affect one person - you. The thing that is found to be universally attractive is confidence! So start loving yourself. Dress to flatter your figure. Make the most of what you have. Stop concentrating on the negatives and look at the posetives, because really, what is the point in sulking about it? Just be happy with what you have and flatter your good points. Body confidence isn't that difficult to find.

And thirdly, who really cares what anyone else thinks? Do what you want for you, not because you think some random guy will like it or it will attract women. People are a lot more attracted to confident individuals who are themselves. Just accept and love yourself, and others will accept and love you too.

So can we please end all these threads about what is attractive and what isn't, because clearly, everyone will give different answers!
    You do know that no one is gonna pay attention to this and we are gonna see the exact same threads within a couple of days right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    I can't believe this is coming from a women. Don't you spend 99% of your time complaining how your boobs are too small/large, your dress size too small/large?
    no, not all women do, only the pathetic ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    I'm sure you have created a thread complaining about the size of your boobs and how its hard to get bras and stuff so wouldn't that make you a hypocrite

Also it's not gonna stop people doing them so you might as well just ignore those threads if that dont like them
    I said it's annoying that bras don't always go up to my size, that's not the same thing as hating my boobs. I like them, I just wish more shops would cater for small back/large cup.

(Original post by Ewan)
    Not really, I mean yeah everyone has bad days, but I honestly don't see the point. I'm not going to lie, I'm quite happy with my body and my figure. What would hating it achieve? I have better things to do with my time than obsess over whether my figure is too big/too small or out of proportion. Some will find me attractive, some won't, end of really.

ReputationRep:
    Preach the word Ali, preach the word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeon Prince)
    You do know that no one is gonna pay attention to this and we are gonna see the exact same threads within a couple of days right?
    Probably, but it needs to be said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)

Here here!! lol.
    Believe me though, I've tried to help fellow TSRers only to come across neg rep and trolls :/
    Hope somebody actually listens to you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Not really, I mean yeah everyone has bad days, but I honestly don't see the point. I'm not going to lie, I'm quite happy with my body and my figure. What would hating it achieve? I have better things to do with my time than obsess over whether my figure is too big/too small or out of proportion. Some will find me attractive, some won't, end of really.
    Read my edit, it's to do with expanding their potential relationship pool. You do need to hate your body somewhat to give you the motivation to make it look better.

I know not all women think like this but it's of very very common occurrence.

ReputationRep:
    It's the Internet. It's not as if anyone can see you. So if you're fugly, don't worry, you can hide behind a monitor.

ReputationRep:
    What do you expect on a forum aimed at people of this age range, from cultures that are so focused upon this kinda ****?

The constant stream of threads like this one are just as inane and entirely futile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)

But...
    YOU'RE WRONG :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ewan)
    Read my edit, it's to do with expanding their potential relationship pool. You do need to hate your body somewhat to give you the motivation to make it look better.
    Just read it, yeah people often want to look attractive, but as long as you're not either morbidly obese or anorexically skinny, the vast majority of people won't care. I'd rather date a guy who was confident and a nice person who was slightly overweight than a gym obsessed type who was very insecure and unhappy with himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Or the dreaded question every man must answer at some point in his life: does my bum look big in this?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Just read it, yeah people often want to look attractive, but as long as you're not either morbidly obese or anorexically skinny, the vast majority of people won't care. I'd rather date a guy who was confident and a nice person who was slightly overweight than a gym obsessed type who was very insecure and unhappy with himself.
    What if the second guy could make his pecs dance up and down.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.