Right TSR, can we stop this once and for all. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Haters gonna hate.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Well I do think people should make an effort, but it should be for themselves. For example, most days, even if I'm not going anywhere special, I still do my hair, make-up, wear nice clothes and jewellery - because I like to, I dress for me and no one else. But that's where confidence comes in. Plus you will always get people who prefer different types of figures, some will prefer a more toned physique and some won't. Attractiveness isn't set in stone.
    Wimmen :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    The health and relationship sub-forum, hasn't gone a day without trolling or a stupid thread since.... well, ever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    Wimmen :sexface:
    Men :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Men :coma:
    Jackpot.

ReputationRep:
    All this thread has done is make me wonder what you look like. So mysterious!

ReputationRep:
    A nice, well intentioned post

(Original post by .Ali.)
    You can't change who you are, you can't wake up and have different boobs, a new nose, or change your skin colour
    Thousands of women plus Jackson (RIP) are surely proof that you can?..

(Original post by .Ali.)
    Being miserable about it is only going to affect one person - you
    Plus the rest of us who have to sit here and listen to them wallowing in self-deprecation/pitty mind

(Original post by .Ali.)
    Who really cares what anyone else thinks?
    Unfortunately most girls and a large proportion of the type of guy who isn't brimming with self-worth - you're quite right though, people do need to forget about imperfections that they cannot change, keep their strengths at the back of their minds and surround themselves with people who acknowledge and celebrate them from time to time

ReputationRep:
    You know that when you are getting this emotionally involved with such a a trivial issue, you are spending too much time on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    A nice, well intentioned post

Thousands of women plus Jackson (RIP) are surely proof that you can?..
    Without surgery, which isn't realistic to most and a lot of the time unnecessary.

Plus the rest of us who have to sit here and listen to them wallowing in self-deprecation/pitty mind
    Haha never thought about it that way.

Unfortunately most girls and a large proportion of the type of guy who isn't brimming with self-worth - you're quite right though, people do need to forget about imperfections that they cannot change, keep their strengths at the back of their minds and surround themselves with people who acknowledge and celebrate them from time to time
    There's no need though, like you said, people should just focus on their strengths.

ReputationRep:
    I was fed up the first time I read one of those "ooh do white girls like asian/black/oriental guys" threads, now I just brush it off as pathetic. Since joining TSR i didnt realise the extent to how insecure people really are! So many worse things can be wrong with you yet you choose to complain about petty things like boob size or whatever like jeeeze it's pathetic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    I was fed up the first time I read one of those "ooh do white girls like asian/black/oriental guys" threads, now I just brush it off as pathetic. Since joining TSR i didnt realise the extent to how insecure people really are! So many worse things can be wrong with you yet you choose to complain about petty things like boob size or whatever like jeeeze it's pathetic!
    I know, I mean why do people even care so much? Yes I understand it can be annoying at times but people need to put things into perspective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I know, I mean why do people even care so much? Yes I understand it can be annoying at times but people need to put things into perspective.
    You do know like at least 70% of Health and relationship threads are just windups and trolling. I'd like to think so anyway, otherwise damn people are stupid

ReputationRep:
    It's something everyone is going to argue about.

As much as I respect your intentions, truely, people ain't gunna' listen.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, thanks for enlightening me.

ReputationRep:
    Boobies.

:troll:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    I said it's annoying that bras don't always go up to my size, that's not the same thing as hating my boobs. I like them, I just wish more shops would cater for small back/large cup.

Not really, I mean yeah everyone has bad days, but I honestly don't see the point. I'm not going to lie, I'm quite happy with my body and my figure. What would hating it achieve? I have better things to do with my time than obsess over whether my figure is too big/too small or out of proportion. Some will find me attractive, some won't, end of really.
    Tell me about it! I'm a 30E (although I fit in a 30DD better if the bra has absolutely no padding in it) and I find it so hard to find a shop that sells my size! So far only Bravissimo and Debenhams do. Debenhams have the far prettier (and cheaper) selection

ReputationRep:
    it will never stop. Give up....

ReputationRep:
    There's an almost identical thread to this going on atm. I'll just put here what I just piosted there, because it's just as relevant;

We've had threads exactly like this before, with everyone in it agreeing and saying that it should be stickied; yet people still create threads. People will always want their own thread rather than just look at someone else's, so it's more personal to their particular situation. I can guarantee that people will still make the same threads that we're complaining about here, whether or not this thread exists.

ReputationRep:
    Whoo! u go dude!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    There's no need though, like you said, people should just focus on their strengths
    Indeed, it's counter-productive to focus on negative/fatalist/destructive thoughts too much. To my mind the best path is balance - between social awkwardness and being a sociopath. I lean towards the other extreme myself, which has its own set of issues.. it is normal, and can be healthy, for people to be mindful of/responsive to social perceptions but only moderately so aye

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.