The Student Room Group

Assessment exam - Dress code?

Hey

So I have been called to complete an assessment exam (numerical and verbal reasoning) for scientific officer positions and if I do well I will be called at some later stage for an interview.

My question is this, having never been to an assessment centre for a job before what is the generally accepted level of dress code ie would I be expected to roll up in a suit or is jeans and a t-shirt sufficient?

thanks
Original post by Boss
Hey

So I have been called to complete an assessment exam (numerical and verbal reasoning) for scientific officer positions and if I do well I will be called at some later stage for an interview.

My question is this, having never been to an assessment centre for a job before what is the generally accepted level of dress code ie would I be expected to roll up in a suit or is jeans and a t-shirt sufficient?

thanks

Hi,

I don't know for sure, but in general you can't lose wearing a smart shirt and pants or a suit for that matter.

Jeans and t-shirt / trainers can be a risk - why take a risk?

Good luck :-)
Reply 2
Original post by Lee R
Hi,

I don't know for sure, but in general you can't lose wearing a smart shirt and pants or a suit for that matter.

Jeans and t-shirt / trainers can be a risk - why take a risk?

Good luck :-)

Agreed - better to turn up in a smart outfit.
Reply 3
yeah perhaps smart casual is the way to go ie shirt trousers, perhaps a suit would be overkill.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending