Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keep sweating under my arms !! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Alrite guys I am 17 years old. I have the problem of excess sweat under my arms for more than a year now. I dont know what to do as its really embarassing, its forcing me to wear black all the time because if I wear green, grey or red tops then theres always this big massive sweat patch under my arm. Does anyone recommend anything I can do or has anyone had this problem and dealt with it?

ReputationRep:
    Go to your doctor? There can be different reasons why people sweat loads, so different things will work for different people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippa90)
    Go to your doctor? There can be different reasons why people sweat loads, so different things will work for different people.
    I have been to the doctors several times about it, its not actual proper BO I think because it doesnt stink! He gave me Anhydrol Forte and I cant put it on because it stings under my arms its rediculous

ReputationRep:
    Go back to him/her and say that it stings. Maybe he/she will give you something else? Also try a stonger deodorant?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig 1888)
    I have been to the doctors several times about it, its not actual proper BO I think because it doesnt stink! He gave me Anhydrol Forte and I cant put it on because it stings under my arms its rediculous
    Tell him that and ask for something else? Or just look on google Sorry I can't be any more help, but you'll probably find better information on health websites or from your doctor, rather than a student forum

ReputationRep:
    Use retin a (tretinoin) under your arms. It's meant to be used on acne suffers, but it sure does stop me sweating promotes collagen too

ReputationRep:
    How much are you putting on? Underarm skin is very sensitive. I had a similar problem and used Driclor (aluminium chloride) and I put loads on at first and it stung like the dickens and gave me a rash. Then I tried just putting a little bit on and spreading it around with tissue, and slowly built it up the amount I used when my skin was used to it. I use it only occasionally now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You might want to look into buying those smart shirts where the weave of the material evenly spreads the sweat around the shirt so it evaporates quicker and cannot be seen easily. They won't be cheap but they should work.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt panic too much, Im 22 and still sweat like you describe above... even walkin to uni 20-25 mins I can have big patches Im fairly healthy, 6ft 13 stone so I guess its normal for some people.. Are you a smoker? sounds silly but stress/anxiety can be the cause

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapped)
    Use retin a (tretinoin) under your arms. It's meant to be used on acne suffers, but it sure does stop me sweating promotes collagen too
    is "retin a" just some gel you use all over ya body ?
    do i just put it on my armpits?

ReputationRep:
    I saw a girl on 'embarrassing illnesses' a couple of years ago who was sweating excessively, they gave her injections into her underarms to stop it, maybe your doctor could do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0utset)
    I wouldnt panic too much, Im 22 and still sweat like you describe above... even walkin to uni 20-25 mins I can have big patches Im fairly healthy, 6ft 13 stone so I guess its normal for some people.. Are you a smoker? sounds silly but stress/anxiety can be the cause
    No I'm not a smoker but sometimes I can get a bit self consious about my weight even though I weigh 12.5 stone

ReputationRep:
    Alrite guys I am 17 years old. I have the problem of excess sweat under my arms for more than a year now. I dont know what to do as its really embarassing, its forcing me to wear black all the time because if I wear green, grey or red tops then theres always this big massive sweat patch under my arm. Does anyone recommend anything I can do or has anyone had this problem and dealt with it?
    matey, im 17, do **** loads of sport and ruin all my clothes
    all my white t shirts have yellow stains on the underarms

i dont kn ow what to do, but would love some help also

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resentment.)
    is "retin a" just some gel you use all over ya body ?
    do i just put it on my armpits?

It comes in cream or gel. Used on acne patients, but the side effects noted were an increase in collagen production, thereby preventing the skin from saggin and wrinkling as we age. Miracle in a tube some call it

I use it all over my body to even out my skintone, thats when i noticed i stopped sweating, lol even in the summer xD

It is a prescription drug so you need a prescription. Alternatively you can buy it from alldaychemist. Just type retin A in the search bar on the site... start off with 0.025% and work your way up

ReputationRep:
    http://www.gents.co.uk/maxim-antiperspirant-roll-on.htm

I cannot recommend this enough- I just started sweating randomly one day and it didnt seem to stop. Tried to cure it, lost weight, drank water,cut out hot food etc, nothing worked.

Seriously, dont think twice BUY it- I keep like 5 spare in case they close down or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlasticBag)
    http://www.gents.co.uk/maxim-antiperspirant-roll-on.htm

I cannot recommend this enough- I just started sweating randomly one day and it didnt seem to stop. Tried to cure it, lost weight, drank water,cut out hot food etc, nothing worked.

Seriously, dont think twice BUY it- I keep like 5 spare in case they close down or something!
    Does it sting at night when you put it on?

ReputationRep:
    Imagine him in white shirts!!

ReputationRep:
    Try lard under your arms

ReputationRep:
    My friend has this problem and she is getting injections under her arms to stop sweating full-stop. maybe you should ask your doctor about this?

Hey man honestly I wouldn't worry about it you're probably a lot more conscious about it than other people are.

Unfortunately I also suffer from excessive sweating but it's not localised in one area its my whole body. My GP referred me to a dermatologist and I'm taking tablets which are brilliant. (Propantheline tablets and Glycopyrolate tablets which you can also get in a solution).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.