Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all, i have light medium skin colour but i really want to get it a shade lighter. i bought some foundation but it didnt seem right because it was too light ! any kind of mostureizers out there or any other product that can make me look a shade lighter?, thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tany_rulz786)
    Hello all, i have light medium skin colour but i really want to get it a shade lighter. i bought some foundation but it didnt seem right because it was too light ! any kind of mostureizers out there or any other product that can make me look a shade lighter?, thank you
    You should really be happy in the skin you're in and btw lighter foundation rarely works on darker skin, it looks odd or just fails. If you really want to be paler you can always try avoiding the sun for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightstar-27)
    You should really be happy in the skin you're in and btw lighter foundation rarely works on darker skin, it looks odd or just fails. If you really want to be paler you can always try avoiding the sun for a while.
    i know i should b happy, but im not haha.

ReputationRep:
    You know, it's not so great being naturally really pa;e I have Melanin defficiency so, I have a lack of pigment in my skin. I blister in the sun and don't tan at all, it's like I get whiter.

To be honest, I've learnt to live with it.

But really skin colour no matter the colour I think it's a completely unique thing that you should be proud of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NellGwynne)
    You know, it's not so great being naturally really pa;e I have Melanin defficiency so, I have a lack of pigment in my skin. I blister in the sun and don't tan at all, it's like I get whiter.

To be honest, I've learnt to live with it.

But really skin colour no matter the colour I think it's a completely unique thing that you should be proud of.
    Well i dont want to be completely pale ( no offence lol) just slightly lighter, only very slightly......

ReputationRep:
    ... :eyebrow:

ReputationRep:
    You're a guy, what are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Don't eat any iron, at all, ever. You'll get pretty pale, you may also die.
    (I'm naturally sort of olive skinned, became a veggie, turned into a pale, dead looking anaemic freak, quite liked it.. eat meat now, though not a lot because it tastes pretty rank, so I've retained my 'just about to die' look, I don't mind though... this way I can have red hair and not look awful)

ReputationRep:
    There is a soap you can buy (not from UK0 which contains azelaic acid and is proven to reduce your skin colour by fading it a shade. I can vouch for this as I've used it before but its very hard to get a hold of. Only doctors prescribe it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by salty_candy)
    Don't eat any iron, at all, ever. You'll get pretty pale, you may also die.
    (I'm naturally sort of olive skinned, became a veggie, turned into a pale, dead looking anaemic freak, quite liked it.. eat meat now, though not a lot because it tastes pretty rank, so I've retained my 'just about to die' look, I don't mind though... this way I can have red hair and not look awful)
    Thats gonne be hard, im already on 4,000 cals a day.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    Can i buy that from boots ? lol

ReputationRep:
    Can i buy that from boots ? lol
    Considering it's an old and very racist advert, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    Considering it's an old and very racist advert, no.
    I use Pears soap! Lol.

But yeah it doesn't do what that awful ad implies lol.

Op, just accept that you are the colour you are.

ReputationRep:
    You can get skin whitening creams although I think these are only given out by doctors so they're pretty hard to get hold of. Just be happy in your own skin.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.