Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Central Saint Martins or Ravensbourne?!

for Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.. in the future i would like to be a fashion designer...

Central Saint Martins - i'm doing Diagnostic studies.. actually.. i applied for Fashion and Textiles tbh.. but was transferred to Diagnostic Studies.. Anyhow.. i have emailed to ask about it.. but no replies yet!

I dunno which one to choose tbh..
    Many say Central Saint Martins.. - because of the name..
    But the only problem is.. is that i'm hearing the bad side of it where your hardly going to speak to your tutor.. because there will be so many of you in one class.. your not going to get much help.. facilities are not the best.. so on and so fourth...

Whereas ravensbourne.. their move to Greenwich changed the whole look of the university.. but the problem is.. its more Media and design? i think?
    but they do say that its good for fashion and textiles.. and i mean i saw the textiles department.. and everything is new.. and there are so many facilities! like Laser cutting.. embroidering machines etc etc..

I had an unconditional from UCA as well.. and i mean i'm defo not going there now.. as its 1hr30min away from my house! and! its via train.. meaning more costly..
    whereas csm is 40 mins away via tube - cheaper..
    and Ravensbourne is 50 mins away via tube - cheaper as well..
    If i've never seen Ravensbourne.. i would've been over the moon and accepted csm straight away..

but not just that, on top, through this forum.. i'm seeing a lot of negative stuff about csm.. which is really putting me off >___<

Should i just go for Central Saint Martins? or Ravensbourne?
    which one would be better for my future career?

Thank you guys in advance!!!
    Cherii-Chan~

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend You Rave for Your foundation because of it's strong industry links and the whole range of opportunities it offers to students. CSM may be established and quite prestigious, but it is a bit overloaded in every aspect - if You know what i mean:P Rave can give You a strong base and definitely a lot of experience. It's a good place for fashion courses and they've got some significant achievements You can always complete Your foundation there, even BA, and then get a master degree at UAL
    Remember that Stella McCartney might have graduated from CSM, but she started at Rave

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    University of the Arts London resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.