Turn on thread page Beta

Boys do you treat pretty girls better in everyday life? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sassy123)
    I have noticed around college boys tend to treat pretty girls a lot better than average ones.E.g holding the door,Letting girls infront of them and moving out of their way E.C.T.

So boys Why do you do this ?dont you think you should treat all girls with the same no matter what they look like?

Thoughts...
    That's just basic manners tbh.

ReputationRep:
    i wish I were pretty

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    Just put on a mini skirt, get a manicure, pile on the make-up, bleach your hair blonde and see where it takes you...

ReputationRep:
    It's cos we want to impress them, we want them to like us

I'm different, I let any girl pass... a true gentlemen?

(Original post by Wild_Precious_Life)
    Just put on a mini skirt, get a manicure, pile on the make-up, bleach your hair blonde and see where it takes you...
    No life! Good point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild_Precious_Life)
    Into a toy shop.
    http://static.poponthepop.com/files/...doll-image.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Make it so.)
    I actually do the opposite.

I don't tend to be polite to the pretty girls because they act like it's their right. I used to hold open doors, etc, for them (like I would for anyone), but they never said thank you, in fact they just walked past me like I don't even exist.

Guys and normal/average looking girls tend to be more polite and at least smile or say thanks.

In the end, I just got tired of being courteous to those types of girls that have no manners and therefore don't deserve to be treated with respect.
    yes, because ALL pretty girls are rude and obnoxious :rolleyes:

i hold the door open for everyone... it annoys me so much when you're like a metre behind someone and they slam the door in your face. in my experience boys hold doors open 9/10 and girls do like 5/10... i think i just know some rude girls. and unlike what the person in my quote said at least half of them are ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Not in the way you described but I might not be as assertive with them as I am with regular people, in conversations.
    Something I try my best not to do but am still working on

ReputationRep:
    As if girls don't do the same to good looking guys. Pfffftt.

ReputationRep:
    No. People who do are lame.

Be nice to everyone regardless of their butters-status.

ReputationRep:
    From a girls point of opinion. I wouldn't say that what your saying is true tbh, people hold the door when they can be bothered to, i don't really see people stopping by a door to think whether to keep it held open or shut it. :L
    Treat people how you would want to be treated :')

Btw, someone said the ugly girls are normally weirdos? Weirdos are better than boring! :')
    Idk what I am, but I don't like people being offensive to others, it irritates me.

Paige. x

ReputationRep:
    It's not deliberate OP - control of nature. I don't think anyone is to blame.

(Original post by im so academic)
    Oh please, you really think men treat all women the same?

It's ****ing obvious they treat the more pretty ones better.
    John's college in your sig.. grrrr! :mad:

Do you not know that everybody hates John's?

ReputationRep:
    I agree and I've actually seen this happen a LOT myself! It's as if girls who aren't as pretty aren't given a 2nd thought, as if they don't register at all in a guy's mind/radar.

It's not fair really is it. Growing up these days is hard(!) and I'd hate to be at the age where I'm still in highschool during this period of time. I'm glad I went through all that when the 'youth of today' weren't soo mean back then! I'm also glad that I'm nearing the stage where guys my age aren't all immature jerks! I know this isn't the case for every guy but there weren't many nice guys around when I were in school, they must have all been hiding or something! At least in Uni people are able to express themselves more so it's much more likely to see people's true colours before you even get to know them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottelisabeth)
    I agree and I've actually seen this happen a LOT myself! It's as if girls who aren't as pretty aren't given a 2nd thought, as if they don't register at all in a guy's mind/radar.

It's not fair really is it. Growing up these days is hard(!) and I'd hate to be at the age where I'm still in highschool during this period of time. I'm glad I went through all that when the 'youth of today' weren't soo mean back then! I'm also glad that I'm nearing the stage where guys my age aren't all immature jerks! I know this isn't the case for every guy but there weren't many nice guys around when I were in school, they must have all been hiding or something! At least in Uni people are able to express themselves more so it's much more likely to see people's true colours before you even get to know them!

Oh come on, girls are exactly the same, they listen more to mre handsome men, pay them more attention etc. dont try and deny it. To be honest, I treat all girls with respect but humans subconscioously react more to more attractive people- FACT!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.