This discussion is closed.
pkonline
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I was asking myslef why loads of doctors vote Tory. Surely if they're drs then they should be caring, thoughtful and respectful of everyone in our society including the worst off. So why do so many vote Tory who couldn't give one about any1 else?

Any1 have any thoughts?
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
I was asking myslef why loads of doctors vote Tory. Surely if they're drs then they should be caring, thoughtful and respectful of everyone in our society including the worst off. So why do so many vote Tory who couldn't give one about any1 else?

Any1 have any thoughts?
oooh . Probably because doctors are in social class 1, so would be better off by many of the Tory's tax policies etc. They are a general strata of 'middle england'.
pkonline
Rep:
?
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
oooh . Probably because doctors are in social class 1, so would be better off by many of the Tory's tax policies etc. They are a general strata of 'middle england'.
I'd always considered drs putting society first before their wallets .
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You haven't been on any surgical attachments, have you?
pkonline
Rep:
?
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
You haven't been on any surgical attachments, have you?
Nope, thankfully. Not met a single sain, modest, nice one so far! What went wrong with them ?
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Nope, thankfully. Not met a single sain, modest, nice one so far! What went wrong with them ?
Watch Scrubs, unfortunately Dr. Kelso isn't exactly a shining example for medical doctors either. There was this one scene when he was scanning the patients through a supermarket checkout asking for price checks....classic.
rIcHrD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If they did that, they'd ask for no salary - only the minimum to live on.
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Any1 have any thoughts?
you have completely misunderstood Conservatives. Perhaps, you should research into all their polices, where they are heading in the future, the 'social inclusive' agenda before making such statements.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
Well what about them? they have extremely high stress jobs factored with the fact any errors could result in someones death.
J
pkonline
Rep:
?
(Original post by foolfarian)
Well what about them? they have extremely high stress jobs factored with the fact any errors could result in someones death.
J
True but that shouldn't mean that they turn into your typical surgeon type, nor a Tory.
pkonline
Rep:
?
(Original post by corey)
you have completely misunderstood Conservatives. Perhaps, you should research into all their polices, where they are heading in the future, the 'social inclusive' agenda before making such statements.
Tories don't believe in society.
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
haha, I hate tories as much as the next guy, but I think maggie was a rule unto herself
J
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
pk - you seem to have been quite mislead, doctor doesn't equal caring
DanMushMan
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
haha, I hate tories as much as the next guy, but I think maggie was a rule unto herself
J
i quite like the tories, and i'm the next guy
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
*******s
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (44)
20.85%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (48)
22.75%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (37)
17.54%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (43)
20.38%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (21)
9.95%
I haven't started researching yet (18)
8.53%

Watched Threads