Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was asking myslef why loads of doctors vote Tory. Surely if they're drs then they should be caring, thoughtful and respectful of everyone in our society including the worst off. So why do so many vote Tory who couldn't give one about any1 else?

Any1 have any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkonline)
    I was asking myslef why loads of doctors vote Tory. Surely if they're drs then they should be caring, thoughtful and respectful of everyone in our society including the worst off. So why do so many vote Tory who couldn't give one about any1 else?

Any1 have any thoughts?
    oooh . Probably because doctors are in social class 1, so would be better off by many of the Tory's tax policies etc. They are a general strata of 'middle england'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    oooh . Probably because doctors are in social class 1, so would be better off by many of the Tory's tax policies etc. They are a general strata of 'middle england'.
    I'd always considered drs putting society first before their wallets .

ReputationRep:
    You haven't been on any surgical attachments, have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    You haven't been on any surgical attachments, have you?
    Nope, thankfully. Not met a single sain, modest, nice one so far! What went wrong with them ?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, thankfully. Not met a single sain, modest, nice one so far! What went wrong with them ?
    Watch Scrubs, unfortunately Dr. Kelso isn't exactly a shining example for medical doctors either. There was this one scene when he was scanning the patients through a supermarket checkout asking for price checks....classic.

ReputationRep:
    If they did that, they'd ask for no salary - only the minimum to live on.

ReputationRep:

Any1 have any thoughts?
    you have completely misunderstood Conservatives. Perhaps, you should research into all their polices, where they are heading in the future, the 'social inclusive' agenda before making such statements.

Well what about them? they have extremely high stress jobs factored with the fact any errors could result in someones death.
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    Well what about them? they have extremely high stress jobs factored with the fact any errors could result in someones death.
    J
    True but that shouldn't mean that they turn into your typical surgeon type, nor a Tory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    you have completely misunderstood Conservatives. Perhaps, you should research into all their polices, where they are heading in the future, the 'social inclusive' agenda before making such statements.
    Tories don't believe in society.

haha, I hate tories as much as the next guy, but I think maggie was a rule unto herself
    J

ReputationRep:
    pk - you seem to have been quite mislead, doctor doesn't equal caring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    haha, I hate tories as much as the next guy, but I think maggie was a rule unto herself
    J
    i quite like the tories, and i'm the next guy

ReputationRep:
    *******s

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.