Turn on thread page Beta

Depleted Uranium bombs dropped on Libya? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTW...I'm American)
    So, i have read through this entire thread. yes, i know its a few years old but VERY interesting.

I'm 18, american, had a single mother, and on most genrally every subject i remain unbias. with that said, i would like to state my own personal opinion on the matter.

DU is a junk substance as a result of enriching uranium (EU). EU is used to power our big American nuke plants.

Then one day a genius man (dont know who) had an idea, lets kill 2 birds with one stone. Because of DU's chemical properties it is alot heavyer than lead and it is a very strong dense material. so why not tip all of our bullets with this heavy junk and use it to kill other people in other countrys. slowly lowering the amount of DU in our stockpiles. the same goes for any country with a nuke plant, it is an economical way to rid your own countrys of junk. Is it toxic or radioactive? who cares, because its not you and its not your kids good luck getting anybody to listen. its not morally wrong or politically incorrect because we dont know and we dont care to know, using DU to kill them arabs (as silent ninja put it) is just simply buisness.

deformed babies, not my problem, mass cancers of every variety,any and every negitive side effect upon the human body directly caused by DU...... its still not my problem because i am American and we do have rather large guns. So silent ninja i thank you for this thought provoking forum oh and dont worry about being bombed by DU tipped amunition, we got your back UK
    You are ****ed in the head. There is something wrong with you. SNM!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTW...I'm American)
    So, i have read through this entire thread. yes, i know its a few years old but VERY interesting.

I'm 18, american, had a single mother, and on most genrally every subject i remain unbias. with that said, i would like to state my own personal opinion on the matter.

DU is a junk substance as a result of enriching uranium (EU). EU is used to power our big American nuke plants.

Then one day a genius man (dont know who) had an idea, lets kill 2 birds with one stone. Because of DU's chemical properties it is alot heavyer than lead and it is a very strong dense material. so why not tip all of our bullets with this heavy junk and use it to kill other people in other countrys. slowly lowering the amount of DU in our stockpiles. the same goes for any country with a nuke plant, it is an economical way to rid your own countrys of junk. Is it toxic or radioactive? who cares, because its not you and its not your kids good luck getting anybody to listen. its not morally wrong or politically incorrect because we dont know and we dont care to know, using DU to kill them arabs (as silent ninja put it) is just simply buisness.

deformed babies, not my problem, mass cancers of every variety,any and every negitive side effect upon the human body directly caused by DU...... its still not my problem because i am American and we do have rather large guns. So silent ninja i thank you for this thought provoking forum oh and dont worry about being bombed by DU tipped amunition, we got your back UK
    Resurrecting the dead isnt your fault either i pressume?

Mods, please close this thread.
    /thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    All you posters claiming DU is harmless? That's not conclusive.

Wikipedia has a good summary of all the claims. That's enough to at least question whether DU is in fact harmless. Long-term affects are apparent (esp in reproduction).

How is Press TV the Iranian government? They get some funding from them, it doesn't mean we rule them out completely. The BBC gets funding too via the government (through our license fee), yet you'd never question their impartiality. The claim was by the Stop the War Coalition, not the Iranian government.
    I take it you haven't watched any Press TV broadcasts. Their claims and interviews are hilariously biased.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    I don't think they KNOW, but suspect based on past campaigns like this. For instance, in Iraq they don't KNOW (no military will admit it) but the incidences of deformed babies and so on has increased dramatically.

Full article
    http://stopwar.org.uk/content/view/2321/27/

DU bombs have never been ruled out.
    Never ruled out does not mean used though.

Does anyone have any sources proving the harmful effects of DU?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz864)
    You are ****ed in the head. There is something wrong with you. SNM!
    LOL, seriously though, do some research on the CME waves set to hit earth august 5 2011. just sayin.

As a reply to your comment, I would say that any and every political power in the world has an equall mind set. We are a very greedy race of people, as a country if its not generating a positive profit or an equall amount of benefits then we wouldnt get invovled. the DU tipped amunition is probably being used, correct the main stream bias news mediaters are probaly not telling their country the bad news on the war just the good and what we benefit not the cost.

Oh and just so you know freedom of press only goes so far, there is also a nifty little thing called treason. if a news outlet in america started slandering the war and posibly leaking videos proofing there slanders to be fact and gaining popularity due to its anti war cries the goverment would shut it down. dont think they will? ever heard of the red scare? so my point is that im not messed up, im not imorral, and im not crazy, im just a poor s.e.k. student with a wide angle veiw of the world.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.