Turn on thread page Beta

The "What are you craving" thread. watch

ReputationRep:
    Right now? For all my assignments to magically do themselves.

But I wouldn't say no to bag of Aero Bubbles... (that ASDA don't to anymore. :mob: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig_D)
    I have rather a sweet tooth. If I give in today then I'd give in most days and I'd have diabetes before I know it.
    Are you dangerously close to it or something? I'm 23 and only given up a LOT of junk food very recently. And I'm fine (admittedly very lucky to be so).

You have a point either way, of course. Each treat is just one step closer to that kind of destination. People just take chances and usually come out unscathed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris743)
    Are you dangerously close to it or something? I'm 23 and only given up a LOT of junk food very recently. And I'm fine (admittedly very lucky to be so).

You have a point either way, of course. Each treat is just one step closer to that kind of destination. People just take chances and usually come out unscathed.
    Diabetes runs in my father's family, so I guess I have to keep it in mind. I've always been a decent weight but nonetheless weight obviously isn't the only indicator of bad health, so that shouldn't mislead. It's rather pathetic that I can confess I am addicted to sweet things, an addiction which surely nobody over 12 should have! I walk past a Spar on the way home and it takes all my willpower to make me continue walking past it, all too easily I could go in (and I have) and walk out with 2-4 bags of sweets, and then eat the lot whilst working that night. In the past I've done that several times a week. A sure-fire bad sign is that I find myself protesting 'But will I still be able to get through the evening if I don't?', the standard addict's question. It's only the fact that I've stopped carrying money that's helped me get around it, but regardless it's irritatingly difficult to shake off for good.

The way I see it, when I do relent, it's a waste of money, it's bad for my health, it's bad for my teeth, and it makes it more likely that I won't be able to resist tomorrow. It's also juvenile, I'm meant to be 22 :no: Shouldn't I be addicted to whisky or something by now? I'm glad to hear that you came through it all unscathed, it's so easy to relapse.

ReputationRep:
    Lasagne with garlic bread and chips. Fatty!

ReputationRep:
    Diabetes runs in my father's family, so I guess I have to keep it in mind. I've always been a decent weight but nonetheless weight obviously isn't the only indicator of bad health, so that shouldn't mislead. It's rather pathetic that I can confess I am addicted to sweet things, an addiction which surely nobody over 12 should have! I walk past a Spar on the way home and it takes all my willpower to make me continue walking past it, all too easily I could go in (and I have) and walk out with 2-4 bags of sweets, and then eat the lot whilst working that night. In the past I've done that several times a week. A sure-fire bad sign is that I find myself protesting 'But will I still be able to get through the evening if I don't?', the standard addict's question. It's only the fact that I've stopped carrying money that's helped me get around it, but regardless it's irritatingly difficult to shake off for good.

The way I see it, when I do relent, it's a waste of money, it's bad for my health, it's bad for my teeth, and it makes it more likely that I won't be able to resist tomorrow. It's also juvenile, I'm meant to be 22 :no: Shouldn't I be addicted to whisky or something by now? I'm glad to hear that you came through it all unscathed, it's so easy to relapse.
    lol it is very bad, I'd thoroughly recommend you steer clear, but in terms of moving onto alcohol due to your age? lol.
    I do note how it's seemingly ok to be pretty addicted to alcohol because it is such a social norm in this country, but the same people will have an axe to grind with people who like their food. Hmm. Coincidence?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  toblerone.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  58.3 KB

this

ReputationRep:
    Just some good ol' weetabix, whole milk and sugarrrrrrrrrr.

ReputationRep:

French onion soup. So badly
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Chocolate.
    Anything chocolate.
    But I can't. And I shouldn't. I eat so much of the stuff already! Too hard to resist...

ReputationRep:

I know you're pain with sweet foods. I am genuinely addicted.

Not carrying money is honestly the best way to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    A sandwich :/

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend's cat.

ReputationRep:
    Jalapeno poppers
    Name:  1171414069jalapeno-poppers.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  159.5 KB

Or just jalapenos straight from the jar
    Name:  2960835117_692395599b_o.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  96.0 KB

My mouth waters so much when I see/smell them :o:

ReputationRep:
    Fooooood! Dominoes primarily

ReputationRep:
    donner kebab

ReputationRep:
    Sainsburys Cookies are amazing <3Name:  D9DA1234-91DC-47B7-B4E5-DE2D13FDC697_Spec2_v1_m56577569833772712.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  9.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    German Waffles :eating:

Name:  german waffles.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  60.8 KB

I'm planning on making them for my mum for mother's day, but i'm craving them now... :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Another sweets addict.
    I'm doing a good job staying away from cookies and chocolate ... the trouble is, then I can't stop myself and eat a ton of apples, oranges or cups of tea with honey.
    I must say, sugar addiction does exist, and it won't bloody go away. >_<

ReputationRep:
    Just food. Anything. I'm so hungry but willing myself to move from my bed..

I'll get there in a minute. And congratulate myself with something YUM

ReputationRep:
    Pizza with cheese/garlic crust and chicken topping, with lots of cheese and more chicken and some bacon and more cheese. Yes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.