Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Inspire by this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1587164&page=3.

I am six foot 8 and get all sorts of comments on a day to day basis about my height - this ranges from being called a freak by a complete stranger (happens scarily often!) to being asked to detail the heights of all my family members! In an ideal world, I would be about 6 inches shorter.

Serious question though would you rather be seven foot or five foot for guys, and I suppose six foot or 4 foot 8 for girls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonny)
    Inspire by this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1587164&page=3.

I am six foot 8 and get all sorts of comments on a day to day basis about my height - this ranges from being called a freak by a complete stranger (happens scarily often!) to being asked to detail the heights of all my family members! In an ideal world, I would be about 6 inches shorter.

Serious question though would you rather be seven foot or five foot for guys, and I suppose six foot or 4 foot 8 for girls?
    People call you a freak for being vertically endowed?

That certainly is a tall tale.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm short and hate it - so I would say its better to be tall! x

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'11 and have people being like 'omg you're tall'. And I point out that yes, yes I am.

So I like being tall.

ReputationRep:
    I'm tall (6'3) and it's pretty awesome. Especially at gigs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm okay with being 5'7. It works out. If I was shorter, gigs would be more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Each have their own advantages and disadvantages. But way I see it its pointless hating whether you're tall or short, can't change it.

I happen to love the fact I'm such a midget

ReputationRep:
    wow your tall! I like tall guys

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5ft 10 which is fine in flats. Heels, however, make things difficult and mean I end up being 6ft 2/3 Ideally I'd like to be around 5ft 7 because being that tall in heels makes me taller than a lot of guys which they don't tend to like.

ReputationRep:
    Either is fine as long as you're in proportion - it doesn't make clothing and the like anywhere near as difficult. When you're 5'11" with 26" inner legs (so 45" is torso and head), extra small hands (about 2.5" handspan) and feet of two different sizes, that's a pain in the arse.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'9 and I like my height. I can't fathom being short, so I'd say I prefer tall, in both genders.

ReputationRep:
    Short.

"Life is dangerous when you are tall,
    Because you've got much further to fall!"

ReputationRep:
    Im 5'1" so definitely rather be 6 foot

ReputationRep:
    The only disadvantage I find being tall (5'11) is needing boyfriends taller than you. Everything else: win for height! Though I have so many tiny friends and they're the best to hug

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6ft 2, I like being tall for superficial reasons and others like people automatically respecting you due to your size. Sometimes finding the right clothes in relation to my weight is a bit difficult but the pros definitely outweigh the cons.

ReputationRep:
    I like my height of 5 foot 10; I wouldn't want to be taller than 6, 1 though. There are some advantages of being tall but now a days it can be quite bothersome to be too tall; I would apply that to being too short as well.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely tall 6'6 wouldn't change it ! Be proud

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5"2 1/2, and I love being short! No one ever asks me to help them move/reach things.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    7 foot.
    Assuming I didn't have to be as thin as I am now...that would be pretty bad - I'd need to bulk outwards considerably if I was going to be that height and not look like a mop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleJane)
    Each have their own advantages and disadvantages. But way I see it its pointless hating whether you're tall or short, can't change it.

I happen to love the fact I'm such a midget
    Me too! Except when I'm at Sainsburys and have to get something off the top shelf

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.