Turn on thread page Beta

If I get into Uni this year do i still have to pay the maximum for the other 2 years watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi peeps basically im unsure as to whether if i meet my conditional to Lecister this year whether i have to pay the maximum in the next two years If anyone could tell me that would be most helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zavvi16)
    Hi peeps basically im unsure as to whether if i meet my conditional to Lecister this year whether i have to pay the maximum in the next two years If anyone could tell me that would be most helpful
    If you start in 2011, you don't pay the increased fees in 2012, you pay what you pay in the first year plus a little bit more due to inflation.

ReputationRep:
    hi thanks for your response so i pay the same amount the other 2 years i.e £3,298. ?

ReputationRep:
    LOL

That isn't one of the fees alternatives!

This year students pay £3290
    Next year £3375
    the final year slightly more again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zavvi16)
    hi thanks for your response so i pay the same amount the other 2 years i.e £3,298. ?
    Pretty much, it goes up a little bit each year with inflation but that's it.

ReputationRep:
    If you start in September 2011 then you will pay £3375 as that is the maximum universities can charge.

If you start in September 2012 then you will pay between £6000 and £9000. Most of them will be £9000 or slightly less, as Leeds Met has done.

You will pay what you pay when you start plus slightly more due to inflation.

If in September 2011 you are starting a foundation course which is not classed as the first year of an undergraduate degree, then you will pay the increased fees if you go on to start an undergraduate course in September 2012.

If in September 2011 you are starting a foundation course which is classified as the first year in a four/five year course to an undergraduate degree then you will pay the same fees all the way through.

That is why its important to check if you are doing a foundation year.

If you are Welsh then you will not be affected by the fee increase at all.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.