Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey
    Ive decided on my top three choices for universities but need to now choose my firm and insurance. Please can anyone give positives/negatives or their opinions on my top three ? Im studying Childhood and Youth studies
    -Sheffield Hallam
    -Nottingham Trent (Clifton campus)
    -MMU Cheshire

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I am in roughly the same situation as i need to decide between NTU and Sheffield Hallam! I live in Sheffield so know that side but aren't sure on Nottingham. What are your thoughts on the two?

ReputationRep:
    well i think nottingham is a good place like its location, which campus would you be at at nottingham?
    so what are your thoughts on sheffield then?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I would be at the Clifton Campus! Everyone who I speak to say go to NTU but I still am not sure!

Sheffield is a great city - is safe and has trees! I think that I am bored of Sheffield! It has a few good clubs and bars!

I do think that Sheffield and Nottingham are very similar!

Arrrrrrgh this decision is harder than I thought lol

ReputationRep:
    haha i know its taken me ages to actually decide lol. welll only thing with nottingham and being at clifton campus, if you live in halls at clifton youd need to buy a bus pass which would be £200 for the year and there arent any late (night) buses that run. also ive heard that the actual campus is not that good, but in my opinion i do not think its that bad. with sheffield a bonus i think is that theres lots of choice for accommodation and they (mostlly) are better prices compared to nottingham clifton campus.
    what course are you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    I am studying computer networks, what are you studying? I am going to an open day on April 13th so will make my mind up then and will let you know what I think! Have you made up your mind then?

ReputationRep:
    nottingham trent, lots of my friends go to all of the unis you said and my notts ones deffo love it more! such a uni atmosphere there, student-friendly city and a nice place to be. shottingham? it's far from that

ReputationRep:
    sounds good im hopefully studying childhood studies, and welll i think for me its going to be sheffield, i think that the costs in nottingham at clifton just are too much compared to sheffield, and tbh ive particulary liked sheffield from the start

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham Trent.

ReputationRep:
    any opinions to why? lol

ReputationRep:
    Seriously everyone is saying Nottingham Trent - i posted a poll to see which one people like better and it seems to be Nottingham Trent! have a look http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...field%20hallam not so sure about Sheffield any more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggie)
    Seriously everyone is saying Nottingham Trent - i posted a poll to see which one people like better and it seems to be Nottingham Trent! have a look http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...field%20hallam not so sure about Sheffield any more
    Please don't make your choice based on what complete stranges on the Internet think. Especially as the vast majority of those voting aren't at university yet or, if they are, are relatively ignorant of the two universities.

ReputationRep:
    lol i was gonna say that, gotta be what feels right for you really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggie)
    Hey!

Sheffield is a great city - is safe and has trees!
    If it is trees you are after this is the area around the Clifton campus

http://cliftongrovebirds.co.uk/area_web.html

Clifton Grove is at the back of the university. It features in the works of D H Lawrence and was supposedly where JM Barrie thought up the idea of Peter Pan.

ReputationRep:
    So chloe - which one have you decided on then>?

ReputationRep:
    lived in both and sheffield is by far the nicer place. great nightlife, wonderful friendly people with a real sense of identity and just WAY more to do x

ReputationRep:
    well ive definately discounted nottingham trent now, but im considering chester now lol wbu ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe1593)
    haha i know its taken me ages to actually decide lol. welll only thing with nottingham and being at clifton campus, if you live in halls at clifton youd need to buy a bus pass which would be £200 for the year and there arent any late (night) buses that run. also ive heard that the actual campus is not that good, but in my opinion i do not think its that bad. with sheffield a bonus i think is that theres lots of choice for accommodation and they (mostlly) are better prices compared to nottingham clifton campus.
    what course are you going to study?
    Hi, just so that you are aware, the skylink bus runs 24 hours every day between Nottingham City centre and East Midlands Airport and there is a stop right outside the main gates to Clifton Campus. Furthermore, its run by Nottingham City transport so you will be able to use your student pass on it!

Poll
If a uni gives me an unconditional offer they....
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.