x Turn on thread page Beta

How to not be a prick to a girl I like watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GAguy)
    Now why would you say that?
    Alright, let me rephrase. Pass that **** over here

(Original post by navarre)
    I have this whole pride thing going on. I know I've upset her, but she doesn't know I know, and I'm pretending I didn't notice. Also, at the end of the day, my group of friends left the school without her, leaving her to get the bus by herself, and it was my fault because I persuaded them to go.
    You'll never get her like that. Girls like a guy who can swallow his pride and admit when he's cocked up.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I think I did offend her today. her mum's back in Afghanistan (where she comes from, not the safest place), and I called a big fat bald man I'd filmed on the train 'your mum', so I think she took it the wrong way.

She's never on FB.

We get on really well in texting though
    Maybe she was more concerned about the fact you were filming random men on the train?

ReputationRep:
    OK, so there's this girl I think I kinda fancy. She's hilarious, but whenever I talk to her I'm always a prick, either smiling or laughing at her, or taking the piss. I need to say some funny stuff to impress her. Any ideas oon funny stuff, or how to stop being an idiot?
    Maybe your 'acting like an idiot'/being funny around her cause your nervous? If I were you I would just chill it down a level. You don't have to be funny with her ALL THE TIME. Yes girls like funny but we'd like to have a normal conversation too.

ReputationRep:
    dont be so apologetic that you look like a complete weed or she'll laugh at you and walk all over you. apologise but dont stop joking with her :L just think i bit more carefully if you're scared of offending her :L if shes laughing at you back then you've got nothing to worry about. its a pretty good sign if you can make her laugh. and properly laugh not fake laugh.

ReputationRep:
    guys like you do my head in act like a **** around a girl and secretly like them. just be normal. she probably thinks you cant stand her.

ReputationRep:
    Be serious from time to time.
    I hate it when my boyfriend is doing nothing but being all jokes and teasing and won't listen to me seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_sporty)
    guys like you do my head in act like a **** around a girl and secretly like them. just be normal. she probably thinks you cant stand her.
    i think everyone is like that though, i mean take the piss but secretly like the girl/boy

ReputationRep:
    leave primary school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rogreg8)
    leave primary school.
    Don't work in a primary school

ReputationRep:
    Haha, spent the whole day fighting with her (she pushed me and hit me quite a bit!), it's 'banter'. Then she tried not speaking to me, but she couldn't help it. She is always texting and calling me, I think she fancies me, too...

I think I could 'really like' a girl. I've never really liked a girl before. Before it's only been lust.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SpySapper)
    Not same person (lol would be slightly funny if it was) but same here...

- subscribes to thread
    I know your secret! :O
    This is why we should never tell anyone we got account on TSR!!!

ReputationRep:
    dampen a cloth with chloroform and get her to smell it. that will get her attention after 4-8 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    I know your secret! :O
    This is why we should never tell anyone we got account on TSR!!!
    Dang I has been rumbled :P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SpySapper)
    Dang I has been rumbled :P
    I will spread the news tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    I will spread the news tomorrow!
    Oh dearz :O :P

ReputationRep:
    No but I'm CONSTANTLY smiling, I can never take her seriously- or when I try to, I just end up smiling. It's damn annoying
    awww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    I'd start off by dragging her aside or getting her on FB chat or something, and telling her you feel like you've taken your jokes a bit too far and you're reeeeeeeeeeeealllllly sorry if you've offended her with anything you've said. Gauge where you go next from her reaction to that, but try and move the conversation smoothly around going for a drink sometime, so you can prove that you're not really an arse.
    If you do this she will never ever have sex with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial maniac)
    If you do this she will never ever have sex with you.
    Dunno what type of idiot girls youve been banging, but it works for me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.