Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it any good!?

I was rejected from SOAS and LSE, but have just applied for QMUL through Extra to study history and politics.

I know it's not as presitiguous as LSE and SOAS, but is it particularly well respected?

ReputationRep:
    Of course it is. Next question.

ReputationRep:
    I had heard that it had a bit of an average reputation? I'm not at all a university snob, but got A*AB at A Level, and I worked hard to do well, so would like to go to a fairly well respected university!

ReputationRep:
    Not really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllenTansey)
    I had heard that it had a bit of an average reputation? I'm not at all a university snob, but got A*AB at A Level, and I worked hard to do well, so would like to go to a fairly well respected university!
    What do you want me to say?

It's a College of the University of London, it's excellent for research and if the league tables are to be believed it's very good for history.

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...e.htm?ipg=8727
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...history-of-art

Why don't you actually come visit the university on open day and see if you'll like it? League tables can only tell you so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    Not really
    Mate don't be hatin'. You're doing a BTEC for ****'s sake!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    Mate don't be hatin'. You're doing a BTEC for ****'s sake!
    I'm not really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01010000 01001010)
    I'm not really.
    So you're pretending to do one? Because your sig suggests that you are...

ReputationRep:
    OP, QMUL is a respected uni. However it's location (Mile End) is duuutty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    OP, QMUL is a respected uni. However it's location (Mile End) is duuutty
    So true...:yep:...and so true :sadnod:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    QMUL is a well respected uni. It is very good for Law and its ranking in terms of Politics course are getting better and better every year. It is part of the University of London just like UCL, LSE, SOAS however, it is not as prestigious. It is a good uni though, very good career prospect as well.

ReputationRep:
    It's a middle class university

ReputationRep:
    QM is good

ReputationRep:
    for humanities it is very good.

ReputationRep:
    I do History and Politics at QMUL so if you want to PM me any questions I'd be glad to help you. It is a very good university though as Democracy has shown, it's also a member of the 1994 group so that should be some clue as to it's quality. Ignore what the resident idiots of TSR say, they think because it's in East London that means the uni is crap. It's utter ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    I am predicted to leave college with A*AAAB/ad and got accepted at SOAS...but if QM accept me, I will chose it over SOAS....so yes I would say its respected. But I am taking Law, which it is well known for IMO.

ReputationRep:
    it really good just firmed it 4 mech eng Whoaaahhh!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie but if you get rejected from QM, I'd lol. Show you for starting stupid threads about uni reputation on TSR

ReputationRep:
    It is going from strength to strength, as is the area itself. I mean, it has a Nandos nearby now (which is making a killing because as you know Asians LOVE chicken lol), an awesome new humanities building, sweet as **** bar (I still go there for the pool tournaments) and an ever improving rep.

Still, it's your life. Haters gonna' hate lol.

ReputationRep:
    I wish TSR memebers would stop making false observations- especially when they're not actually studying in London. If say for instance you were to study at QMUL, granted yes, Mile End will be the area you might typically use to shop for food, have the odd beer on the weekend- but what most fail to recognise on here is that, unlike other cities, ie Manchester, London is a city built upon a vast plethora of different areas/villages- all of which in their own right constitute individual aspects, but more importantly are literally within a stone's throw away. Being a student in London, a two mile trip across town to meet your friends for a night out isn't something you'd have to consider- the tube/night buses provide an unbeleivably brilliant service 24/7, it's really not a problem.

To prospective QMUL students, don't be put off by this 'OMG, Mile End- GOODLUCK' nonsense, it's a load of ****. Mile End's a walk to Shoreditch/Hoxton and a ten minute tube to Tottenham Ct Rd- what the **** more could you ask for?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.